Need help with hatchback choice

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
i20 is good. But the AC is not affective, and the driving seat is painful to the back. Very.

yeah thats one reason y i am hesitating with i20...i have seen the AC prob with a friends old i20..its quite ineffective...but i heard that problem has been rectified in the new i20..atleast acc to the review on team bhp...i am test driving the car this week...will see if the problem persist with regards to AC which hyundai claimed has been rectified...hmm didn't notice the seating issue...will try that out during the test drive...

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
so guys,i had gone for an i20 test drive.....at first they gave me a td on the older i20,then on a diesel i20,when i wanted petrol i20...wanted to test the AC...but couldn't.so have to go back again....

Next i went to honda showroom to inquire about honda jazz & i was shocked to find that they have stopped taking bookings for honda jazz because acc to the sales rep there is some problem in honda plant..so they told me to come after a month or so...& even if i do order the car then,will have to wait for 6-7 months further...this is ridiculous...

the surprising thing is when i asked them over the phone before,they said there is no waiting time & its ready..don't know what to believe..if i am right,most of the honda dealers in mumbai have stopped taking bookings, is that right??

iinfi

mekalodu
have u ruled out Polo or Ritz?
in Polo ..rear leg room is a problem i v heard ..
but Ritz reviews from a friend of mine is good ... but his vehicle is only a couple of months old

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
never saw ritz as an option...thought it is smaller than the likes of jazz or i20...polo,not too sure..heard its a 3 cylinder engine...for that price,i would rather get a 4 cylinder engine...

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
considered both...fiat punto again a good car but poor ASS...fabia very expensive to maintain & poor ASS as per few people i know who had bad experience with skoda servicing...

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
so i randomly called at one of the honda showroom's in India & shockingly now they are saying they can deliver the car in 5-6 days flat...when i questioned further they said,they got more supply than demand & as a result,6 months waiting period reduced to just a week & they now have surplus stock...is this even possible??Could anyone help me here...so now i have 2 models which can be delivered in a week...Hyundai i20 or Honda Jazz

there is one prob though...they do not have the honda jazz model to test drive

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
buy jazz eyes closed.. you wont regret it.. the stock seems doubtful?

Am really tempted by the honda jazz...looks good...but how is the after sales service??Also i heard it is expensive to maintain,maybe more than fabia??...about the stock,the reason y i am a bit skeptical was because just a week ago,they told me to come back in july & wait 6 months for delivery...now i called & they told me it can be delivered in like 6 days,how can the waiting period fall so drastically??Has this ever happened before?

One more question...can i install parking sensors in honda jazz??Will the warranty be considered void if i install it...

Any reliable reviews on the internet with regard to jazz x model..am thinking of buying the top end model...can anyone provide me with a link...i saw the team bhp review but i think its an older model..also are there any exterior differences between the old and the new jazz?

iinfi

mekalodu
you may want to check this
Vehicle Identification Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
many dealers who cud not sell enough of the older models give heavy discounts on older models and sell it, without telling the customer that its a older model!
ask ur dealer for the VIN number before finalize the order

added: i m told that VIN numbers differ from manufacturer to manufacturer ... so do ur research

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
you may want to check this
Vehicle Identification Number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
many dealers who cud not sell enough of the older models give heavy discounts on older models and sell it, without telling the customer that its a older model!
ask ur dealer for the VIN number before finalize the order

added: i m told that VIN numbers differ from manufacturer to manufacturer ... so do ur research

Thanks...though didn't understand much..will ask for the VIN number before purchasing...

Am really tempted by the honda jazz...looks good...but how is the after sales service??Also i heard it is expensive to maintain,maybe more than fabia??...about the stock,the reason y i am a bit skeptical was because just a week ago,they told me to come back in july & wait 6 months for delivery...now i called & they told me it can be delivered in like 6 days,how can the waiting period fall so drastically??Has this ever happened before?

One more question...can i install parking sensors in honda jazz??Will the warranty be considered void if i install it...

Any reliable reviews on the internet with regard to jazz x model..am thinking of buying the top end model...can anyone provide me with a link...i saw the team bhp review but i think its an older model..also are there any exterior differences between the old and the new jazz?

Could someone help me with the rest of the queries pls...

ritvij

rated R
new jazz has alloys.. i dunno about the rest of the features.. you can install sensors in jazz and they won't void warranty.. better ask your dealer though.. i have installed sensors in my i20.. still got warranty left!

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
new jazz has alloys.. i dunno about the rest of the features.. you can install sensors in jazz and they won't void warranty.. better ask your dealer though.. i have installed sensors in my i20.. still got warranty left!

how much did it cost to install the sensors..did the dealer do it for you??You own an i20??You didn't like it?Doesn't the old i20 top variant have sensors?

so the honda guy called again..he claims that its bigger than the i20...also i noticed in few forums & they said they got the option of michelin tyres for their honda jazz...when i asked him,he said it will be luck if i get michelin tyres...when i am paying so much,shouldn't i be getting michelin tyres as an option with it??Also he said the charges for tinted windows is between 8000-50000:)shock:) & to put parking sensors,it will cost 8000-10000...isn't this like too high...should i get the window tinted myself through third party??

Also a friend of mine told me that honda service parts cost more than toyota also..any truth in this?

aroraanant

Explorer
Honda ASS is good.
Jazz is a great car.
A friend of mine has recently gifter Jazz to her sister in marriage and it is indeed much bigger than I20.
And get the windows tinted from market only, even I would say get all the accessories and other things done from market only, these showroom people charge hefty for all this.

ritvij

rated R
^^mine is sportz.. i love my i20... but for my height 6'4" its a pain to sit at the back...
sensors cost: 3500 bucks off ebay..
installation cost: 350 from a local repairwallah..

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Honda ASS is good.
Jazz is a great car.
A friend of mine has recently gifter Jazz to her sister in marriage and it is indeed much bigger than I20.
And get the windows tinted from market only, even I would say get all the accessories and other things done from market only, these showroom people charge hefty for all this.

ahh i c...thanks a lot...won't do it from the showroom..Also what about the spare parts cost...is it really that expensive that is more than even toyota..is it expensive to maintain a honda?

^^mine is sportz.. i love my i20... but for my height 6'4" its a pain to sit at the back...
sensors cost: 3500 bucks off ebay..
installation cost: 350 from a local repairwallah..

oh ok...i got a ride from a friend in an i20 today..the seating at the back is ok i guess...hoping honda is good...

iinfi

mekalodu
The Hindu : Cities / Mangalore : Police launch drive against tinted glasses in vehicles

hope u r aware of the new rule on tinted windows

Top Bottom