Need help with hatchback choice

papul1993

not a newbie.....
tbh i don't know much about this since i haven't serviced it yet but i have heard its a bit costly...

had gone for a long drive today...noticed something which no one seems to have pointed out...the jazz rear windows don't seem to go down fully...its partially up...is it a problem or is it with every jazz car??

Same thing happens with our daewoo Matiz. Its kind of a safety feature.

PurusH

The LeO
the jazz rear windows don't seem to go down fully...its partially up...is it a problem or is it with every jazz car??

Congrats on new car !!! My Figo's rear window rolls down only 60% due to the design. May be it is the same reason for Jazz (it may roll down 80-90% The door shape should be the reason for not allowing the glass to go down completely, it has to accomodate the rear wheels. Try the other side of the door, if it is the same, then it is not a problem.

I am High Octane in tbhp, what is your handle ?

Happy Driving ..........

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Congrats on new car !!! My Figo's rear window rolls down only 60% due to the design. May be it is the same reason for Jazz (it may roll down 80-90% The door shape should be the reason for not allowing the glass to go down completely, it has to accomodate the rear wheels. Try the other side of the door, if it is the same, then it is not a problem.

I am High Octane in tbhp, what is your handle ?

Happy Driving ..........

yeah i checked...both the windows roll down about 90%...didn't know about that...i checked the door thing & it looks like it can actually go down..with regards to figo i remember the sales guy telling me that it was due to some beam which prevented the windows from going down...as a safety measure..didn't know about jazz...

oh cool...so u did manage to get into team bhp...i tried thrice,couldn't get through...is it possible for you to ask a query at team bhp at the honda jazz thread for me???in the reviews sections if you don't mind...

learning new things about the car...another aspect i liked it regarding the power windows...even after you turn off the engine,there still is power going in the power windows,it only shuts down after you open a window...found it very useful..

PurusH

The LeO
so u did manage to get into team bhp...i tried thrice,couldn't get through...is it possible for you to ask a query at team bhp at the honda jazz thread for me???in the reviews sections if you don't mind...

learning new things about the car...another aspect i liked it regarding the power windows...even after you turn off the engine,there still is power going in the power windows,it only shuts down after you open a window...found it very useful..

Create a new email ID with gmail or yahoo and then try to register again with tbhp with new email ID address. It will allow as new user.

I will certainly ask about the window rolling in tbhp.

In my friend's Honda City 2002 model, when you open the window and get down from the car and then press Central Locking button, the car would lock with rolling the windows automatically. Cool feature in Honda.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
thanks will try out registering again..one thing could you ask in the honda jazz thread is that...as per team bhp's advice,i asked for the michelin tyres which they promised to change it to once they get the stock..so when i remind them about this when i am about to take the car..the sales guy tells me there are lots of complains regarding the michelin tyres of honda jazz,almost all customers have complained about the poor quality of michelin tyres...is this true..could u pls ask this in team bhp...

Create a new email ID with gmail or yahoo and then try to register again with tbhp with new email ID address. It will allow as new user.

I will certainly ask about the window rolling in tbhp.

In my friend's Honda City 2002 model, when you open the window and get down from the car and then press Central Locking button, the car would lock with rolling the windows automatically. Cool feature in Honda.

ok i seem to have made a slight error in this..what i meant was that there is still power in the power windows even after you turn off the battery till the time you open the door...after which there is no power in the power window,thought this was a cool feature..also could u ask whether honda jazz windows roll all the way down in the rear??Mine isn't...

PurusH

The LeO
thanks will try out registering again..one thing could you ask in the honda jazz thread is that...as per team bhp's advice,i asked for the michelin tyres which they promised to change it to once they get the stock..so when i remind them about this when i am about to take the car..the sales guy tells me there are lots of complains regarding the michelin tyres of honda jazz,almost all customers have complained about the poor quality of michelin tyres...is this true..could u pls ask this in team bhp...

Michellin XM 2 are great in handling and good in wet grip. The dealer is just bluffing, in case if there are good tyre in India, they are Michelins & Yokohomas, Continentals etc. Will post your query, but tell me what tyre are there now in the car and the size. If the dealer gives you Michelin, then are you paying any price for them or they just swap for free? If you are paying additional price for Michelin, then how much?

ok i seem to have made a slight error in this..what i meant was that there is still power in the power windows even after you turn off the battery till the time you open the door...after which there is no power in the power window,thought this was a cool feature..also could u ask whether honda jazz windows roll all the way down in the rear??Mine isn't...

When you switch off the ignition, there will be still some power flowing through and so the windows may roll down. It is not a defect at least.
Yesterday I have posted about rear window (search in tbhp Honda Jazz forum last post, as I am using mobile app, cannot post url now) they have replied that this is a safety feature as:
1. Adults cannot keep their elbow and makes uncomfortable if not rolled down fully
2. It helps prevent kids from trying to exit from the window.

Last edited:
OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Michellin XM 2 are great in handling and good in wet grip. The dealer is just bluffing, in case if there are good tyre in India, they are Michelins & Yokohomas, Continentals etc. Will post your query, but tell me what tyre are there now in the car and the size. If the dealer gives you Michelin, then are you paying any price for them or they just swap for free? If you are paying additional price for Michelin, then how much?

When you switch off the ignition, there will be still some power flowing through and so the windows may roll down. It is not a defect at least.
Yesterday I have posted about rear window (search in tbhp Honda Jazz forum last post, as I am using mobile app, cannot post url now) they have replied that this is a safety feature as:
1. Adults cannot keep their elbow and makes uncomfortable if not rolled down fully
2. It helps prevent kids from trying to exit from the window.

the stock tyres i received were MRF ZVTV(175) tyres...at first when i had gone for booking i asked him specifically for michelin tyres..he said he didn't receive jazz with michelin lately & when it comes he offered to change it for free...on the last day though,the guy told me that a lot of complains were received about the poor quality of michelin tyres from almost every michelin tyre user of jazz & as a result,honda from the company itself have stopped supplying michelin tyres...i don't know whom to believe here...

regarding the window query,thanks a lot,saw your post there in the forum & the response..thanks a lot..if u could just do me one more favour about these tyres,i would be grateful... :)

Also since you are a team bhp member,i wanted to know that i saw on the teambhp forum that they are against teflon coatings & i had told the dealer to not apply teflon coating & yet during delivery,i was told they had applied teflon coating for free..since they have already applied & can't reverse it...what precautions do i have to take?Why are they against teflon coatings?

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hey Ronnie11,
A might be buyer of ANHC here.

Everyone keeps saying that the ivtech engine is a gem. the best in the segment.

wanted to know from a consumers point of view, not an enthusiats, how is it?

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
tbh its one of the best engines i have ever driven..very smooth,refined & damn too quiet...since its a new car & me being a conservative driver..i am getting mileage of 10.5-11.5kmpl atm..hoping it would go up since i have only driven it for 250Km till now..i would recommend the ivtech engine to everyone...its easily the best in its segment...

the only complain i have is the low end torque is a bit of a problem...at low rpm's..its a bit sluggish,but after that,the engine really kicks in...

PurusH

The LeO
the stock tyres i received were MRF ZVTV(175) tyres...at first when i had gone for booking i asked him specifically for michelin tyres..he said he didn't receive jazz with michelin lately & when it comes he offered to change it for free...on the last day though,the guy told me that a lot of complains were received about the poor quality of michelin tyres from almost every michelin tyre user of jazz & as a result,honda from the company itself have stopped supplying michelin tyres...i don't know whom to believe here...

regarding the window query,thanks a lot,saw your post there in the forum & the response..thanks a lot..if u could just do me one more favour about these tyres,i would be grateful... :)

Also since you are a team bhp member,i wanted to know that i saw on the teambhp forum that they are against teflon coatings & i had told the dealer to not apply teflon coating & yet during delivery,i was told they had applied teflon coating for free..since they have already applied & can't reverse it...what precautions do i have to take?Why are they against teflon coatings?

I hope you have seen replies on Michelin Tyres. Like I had said in earlier post that they are the best and your dealer is misleading you to change them. The dealer at the time of delivery just casually said that he will exchange and again when you went, he built up stories on Michelin's quality. Actually, once they deliver the vehicle, it will be difficult to get any replacement unless if it is defective.
About teflon coating, I did not find much time to browse, will find and post about that. But my personal feeling is there is nothing to worry on Teflon Coating.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I hope you have seen replies on Michelin Tyres. Like I had said in earlier post that they are the best and your dealer is misleading you to change them. The dealer at the time of delivery just casually said that he will exchange and again when you went, he built up stories on Michelin's quality. Actually, once they deliver the vehicle, it will be difficult to get any replacement unless if it is defective.
About teflon coating, I did not find much time to browse, will find and post about that. But my personal feeling is there is nothing to worry on Teflon Coating.

yeah saw the post...thank you so much dude for the help..Thanks a lot... :)

wind

Right off the assembly line
so i booked honda jazz today....delivery in 2 weeks top...

but few more questions about accessories-Regarding the parking sensors,he is giving parking sensors with camera for 15000/-...should i go for it?

bump..help pls...

Hi . I was planning to get a Jazz for myself in Mumbai. Can you mention your on road price and dealer

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hi . I was planning to get a Jazz for myself in Mumbai. Can you mention your on road price and dealer

Bought it from apex honda in mumbai...close to about 7.5Lapprox for Jazz X...i heard recently that there has been an increase of 10k in the price of jazz..just check...

Top Bottom