Need for Speed: The Run

D

Deleted member 26636

Starting from HP2, I have only enjoyed 2 NFS games so far, HP2 and MW. Rest are just ****. Sorry if I hurt any fanboys.

the old NFS Porsche series was pretty good imo...even underground & underground 2 were good....after MW 2, only HP 2 is worth playing..

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
"underground world of illicit, high stakes racing,"

Does this sound like simulation to any one?

Also, Shift was totally entertaining. But, for particular gamers, it just wasn't their plate of meal.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually, Shift was somewhat a saving grace, and Shift 2 spoils everything.

gameranand

Living to Play
AFAIK Run is a street racing game and not a simulation.

I did liked Shift very much. Real nice game and graphics but it did changed the genre of NFS franchise. Yeah well Pro Street was also track racing but was too lame this one was pretty good IMO.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually, what matters is the quality of the game, arcade or simulation doesn't really matter.

After all, we are not talking about rFactor or RBR. Even Dirt is somewhere between simulation and arcade these days. ;)

gameranand

Living to Play
Actually, what matters is the quality of the game, arcade or simulation doesn't really matter.

After all, we are not talking about rFactor or RBR. Even Dirt is somewhere between simulation and arcade these days. ;)
True but a series is well known for something like Dirt series was known for simulation and they are still on right path even though they make semi simulation but they are not completely diverted. Now I would have appreciated if a new racing series was made instead of just hammering semi simulators on NFS series.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think EA has milked the NFS series too much. They should bring up a new IP and some fresh ideas. At least, Codies provide something new with Dirt every year, whether you like it or not is a different matter altogether.

gameranand

Living to Play
I think EA has milked the NFS series too much. They should bring up a new IP and some fresh ideas. At least, Codies provide something new with Dirt every year, whether you like it or not is a different matter altogether.
Exactly. Atleast they should have started a new series for semi simulator. That way we can easily differentiate it from arcade now its all mixed up together. :-x

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
EA got criterion. and after NFS, Burnout is one of best arcade game that comes to mind. sadly Crash will be only for XBOX360 & PS3. looks like NFS is all that EA can offer us (pc gamers).

Tech&ME

Banned
Hmmmm....

HP2 and MW has remained good till date.

Also I tried NFS: World , pretty much like MW but they are regularly updating it. The game has grown and is growing everyday.

Got 1000 boots as well for FREE!

Now will see and try NFS:RUN. Hope it does not disappoint.

Top Bottom