Need For Speed: Carbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
can work on Ati X300 but not on GMA X3000 :D i dont think so.. some friend of mine tried it , and he was unsuccessfull :p

wnns13

Broken In
wnns13 said:
Quote:
Quote From Another Member :Re: Need For Speed: Carbon. Hey guys nfs c runs much faster than nfs mw on my comp(check specs below) at 800x600 low!!! whoopie...
256 MB DDR RAM
Geforce fx 5200 128 mb
80 GB Baracuda HDD
Samsung DVD writer

So Can I Run The Game??? PLZ Reply Soon! End Of Quote
Forget It Someone Else was talking On Another Post And says It Works With 256 Ram :D

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Drift School

Real Life Drifting Tips

Braking Drift:

Braking drift or “trail braking,” as it is sometimes called, is a technique that relies on transferring the weight of the car from the back to the front. For braking drift, what you want is a good amount of speed because you will need to brake hard, but not hard enough to kill the speed and cause under steer. Come into the turn fast in third gear, then, get on the brakes before you turn in. Apply just enough braking so that you feel the weight of the car shift from the rear to the front. At this point turn into the corner and downshift using rev-matching (or “heel and toe”) into second gear and gently start to accelerate while counter steering to guide you through the corner. This technique is exceptionally difficult and will take a lot of practice to get right, so this is definitely something that you want to walk through with a drifting instructor before you attempt it yourself at a drift event or school.

Inertial Drift:

Inertial drift is when you use the law of inertia and “swing” the car into a drift. The basic principal of this technique is simple, but this will definitely take some practice and skill before it can be done correctly. Accelerate to the corner fast, but you don’t need to go quite as fast as you would in a braking drift, then, in a quick motion, come off the throttle, steer away from the corner slightly, then turn into the corner hard, essentially “throwing” the car into the turn. After that, come back onto the throttle and counter steer accordingly.

Clutch Kick:

This technique is easy but can cause a strain on your transmission and drive train, so this should only be used sparingly or if you have a purpose built drift car that will be maintained regularly. Clutch kicking is popping the clutch while you are on the throttle in order to upset the transaxle and cause you to slide from the break of the traction. You’ll want to use this on long, wide radius turns because it takes a lot of speed and you’ll need the room. Come at the turn in third gear at full throttle. While you are still on the throttle, step on the clutch and let the revs jump up, then, suddenly take your foot off the clutch as you turn in. The rear will break loose and you will start to slide. The rest is counter steering at full throttle all the way through the turn. This is the same technique the pros use to drift the banked turn at Irwindale Speedway.

Lift:

Lifting is another technique that is speed oriented and can be really dangerous, so this shouldn’t be attempted until you are totally confident in your ability and your drift instructors have given you the OK. To start your drift by lifting, you have to drive at full speed (in second or third gear depending on the corner) and take your foot off the throttle for just a moment. The rear will slide, and then you get back onto the throttle and counter steer.

Source:

*www.motegiracing.com/techzone/media/topgraphic.jpg

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

I usually use E-brake in carbon with controlled use of throttle to get through a drift. Amount of steering input is also very crucial. Good thing i have a PS2. Its analog sticks and pressure sensitive keys on its controller allow precise handling of the cars. I shudder to think what might happen to pc gamers with the keyboard and mouse.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
actually these are the REAL LIFE Drifting Tips :p

i thought of putting it in a new thread, but... :D

Carbon's drifting physics sucks:x, why, coz you cant drift when free roaming.

the car behaves completely fkin different in drift mode, why is that?, EA cud have put just one car physics mode, coz it really sucks ,that we cant drift whenever we want to:x

a reason why i LOVE CMR05 & its Japan stage, filled with sooooooo many Hairpins, gives such a FEEL DRIFTKING factor when you take even ONE single harpin perfectly:D

i take really low-gear ratios, perfect for fast in-fast out & in-between lots of Drift :twisted:

hash!!

________
s18000rpm said:
Drift School

Braking Drift:

Braking drift or “trail braking,” as it is sometimes called, is a technique that relies on transferring the weight of the car from the back to the front. For braking drift, what you want is a good amount of speed because you will need to brake hard, but not hard enough to kill the speed and cause under steer. Come into the turn fast in third gear, then, get on the brakes before you turn in. Apply just enough braking so that you feel the weight of the car shift from the rear to the front. At this point turn into the corner and downshift using rev-matching (or “heel and toe”) into second gear and gently start to accelerate while counter steering to guide you through the corner. This technique is exceptionally difficult and will take a lot of practice to get......................................

thats great info bro.... but lolz... i kinda realized halfway that its for actual driving.... like stuff to do when ure in your car and see a wide, 3 lane blacktop with beautiful bends (minus the potholes... :D) and minimal traffic....
hmmmmm... that'd be fun... lolz...
but i think the changes we make in nfs carbon or mw, like increasing the downforce or reducing the shift time, etc, they dont quite make a huge difference... infact sometimes, they're sooo crappy that they make the stock settings seem better....
but whatever, could get some basic logic that can be applied in the game... :)

edit: sorry, i saw ur second post right now... :rolleyes: my bad... :)

K

krazyfrog

Are yaar, s18000, even i know they're real drift techniques. But since this was carbon thread, i commented on the drifting method in carbon. But you're right, the cars handle very differently in free roam and drift races. In drift races, they handle as if the road is covered with oil.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
yup, & its not only Carbon, U1, U2 also had this Two Driving Physics

stupid EA:x, may someone make a true Sucessor to NFS Porsche Unleashed:twisted:

n_klincarov

Right off the assembly line
My NFS CARBON only starts on 600x400:800x600 & 1024x768 although i have Ge force 7600GS with 256MB, 2GB RamMemory, AMD X2 DCore 3800+ and monitor Wide screen on 1400x900.
Why can`t i start on other resolutions?
If u know pleace anser.
TNX
n_klincarov@yahoo.com

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Custom Resolution Launcher v2
Description: Launch Need for Speed in any screen resolution. Ideal for widescreen displays.

more utilities

william.1985

Right off the assembly line
hey i ma facing problem with NFS carbon... i installed it and after starting the game everything was fogged out i cant read ne thing neither can i see, my pc config. r acc. to game but still game is not running properly plzz help me out with this graphics problem...plz mail me the solutin my id is 1985.william@gmail.com i'll be gr8 ful plzzzz help me guys

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
hows the boss races, i mean how many and what cars they hav.

Anybody tried wheelie on muscle cars ?

quan chi

mortal kombat
well is there any way by which the disabeled options on nfs mw can be activated when played on onboard gfx.

quan chi

mortal kombat
s18000rpm said:
nope.

but you can turn ON/OFF some things with this NFS MW Graphics Optimizer

well i mean some features like rain water marks and motion blurr features are not shown on the menu.well is there any way by which they can be shown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom