Need Dual Fan OC'able HD 7970 GPU

tkin

Back to school!!
Gigabyte HD7970 with it's 3 Yrs. warranty and 3 fans is the best OCable air cooled HD7970 - don't look at any other brands if one needs to get a HD7970 ;-)
In India? Were they ever launched in India?

Saw the primeabgb site, nice, recommended.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
Thanks topgear.:)
Nice find, man, prime is smoking these days, if I upgrade to a kepler there is a chance it might be the SOC from gigabyte, finally, a smart move by gigabyte, and price is gawd damn awesome, xfx, pack your bags, go to hell and take rashi with you.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ I really feel pity on ASUS. Such an excellent board maker and partner but stuck with rashi. :sad:

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I am fine going for gigabyte and read the review is ok to me. I have few queries.

First of all where is the service centre for gigabyte. Does anyone used it and how is the failure pattern .

Second the design for me it looks awkward to me when compared to Asus or xfx. As there i see some perfection in the design outside so that 3 things are sure.

1. Dust proof
2. Power capable with extra phase.
3. Ability to perform on the long run.

Let me know guys shall i go for this or wait for asus. I had already enquired Asus sales team heads and asked quote for the card and pointed that its updated in the site but not available in the local market.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

3 fans should keep the gpu cooler then any other custom cooled HD7970 with two fans - so this card should last long even when Oced .

Now time for you to make a decision ;-)

tkin

Back to school!!
I am fine going for gigabyte and read the review is ok to me. I have few queries.

First of all where is the service centre for gigabyte. Does anyone used it and how is the failure pattern .

Second the design for me it looks awkward to me when compared to Asus or xfx. As there i see some perfection in the design outside so that 3 things are sure.

1. Dust proof
2. Power capable with extra phase.

Let me know guys shall i go for this or wait for asus. I had already enquired Asus sales team heads and asked quote for the card and pointed that its updated in the site but not available in the local market.
For that you need the MSI Lightning or Asus Matrix edition, dunno when they will launch, but afaik gigabyte uses a good cooler and sticks it to the reference PCB, no extras.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I am going for it. Let me know SMC or Prime is offering the best deal. I can see smc is much cheaper can you guys confirm.
A slight difference i believe.

Both PRIME & SMC dont have the stock yet it will take 1-2 weeks times.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
True as smc expecting stock by this week but prime 2 weeks i cant wait any more.

I am also planning for a cooling kit soon say 2 months down the line. Also my current gpu is heating a lot. Does removing and applying cpu hs thermal paste should do justice or i need to get a gpu paste separately. i dont want to harm the card because of removing the hs and refitting it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you can use and apply CPU TiM on gpus - get some thing like CM Thermal Fusion 400 around 500 bucks ;-)

Top Bottom