Need Dual Fan OC'able HD 7970 GPU

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I am planning to buy a HD 7970 but all available in the market is only reference single fan design.

Let me know where i can get ASUS HD 7970 DIRECT CU 2 MODEL

OR

XFX DOUBLE DISSIPATION MODEL.

Online shop their availability and price .

Budget is 40k max 1-2k more based on the model.

Last edited:

Mr.V

Journeyman
I think you have not mentioned the budget! :(

But i got one for you.If its in your budget then take it. :)
XFX HD 7970 3 GB - Radeon HD7970 DDR5 3GB HDMI ATI AMD EMI 3 Yrs Warranty | eBay

dibya_kol

In the zone
Theitdepot - XFX Radeon HD7970 3GB GDDR5 ATI PCI E Graphics Card (FX-797A-TNFC)

here is the monster !! but i would like to suggest u wait for kepler, price will drop soon.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
I am looking for Dual fan model As the pc will be running round the clock wanted to a bit cooler gpu for longer life, I dont think reference design cards are good enough.

Is that only OC requires more cooling does the reference card is good enough for non oc but more run time say 10 -15 hours of gaming

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am looking for Dual fan model As the pc will be running round the clock wanted to a bit cooler gpu for longer life, I dont think reference design cards are good enough.

Is that only OC requires more cooling does the reference card is good enough for non oc but more run time say 10 -15 hours of gaming
You'll be surprised to know, HD 7970's reference card is even fine for OCing till 1.125 Ghz. Runs very cool. Best reference card till date.

You won't find any dual fan model in India as of now.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
My friend is having Gene-z and Noctual D-14

Can he install the below card without any issue. Let me know what the thickness of the back plate. Does it protrude more backside. As he has a thin line of sight back side.

Also i wanted to know does this card blocks the second pci-e slot. As this board only have 1,2 run in x8 if cross fire and third is x4 . Let me know is it wise to choose this card.

I am getting it at 43k global easy buy.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Graphics Cards- ASUS HD7970-DC2T-3GD5

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Triple slot card. Second PCIe X16 slot will be blocked in Maximus 4 Gene-Z.

*www.asus.com/websites/Global/products/nKcJ3Ac58hWxiR0F/pU71cSic05q4UQbI_500.jpg

Not so in my P8Z68 Deluxe.

*www.asus.com/websites/Global/products/Jfx0darRRdhhQ3So/fK26Xfx65kxzwwr3_500.jpg

Mr.V

Journeyman
You'll be surprised to know, HD 7970's reference card is even fine for OCing till 1.125 Ghz. Runs very cool. Best reference card till date.

You won't find any dual fan model in India as of now.

see ebay.in mate.You will get genuine import from USA to India.

dibya_kol

In the zone
My friend is having Gene-z and Noctual D-14

Can he install the below card without any issue. Let me know what the thickness of the back plate. Does it protrude more backside. As he has a thin line of sight back side.

Also i wanted to know does this card blocks the second pci-e slot. As this board only have 1,2 run in x8 if cross fire and third is x4 . Let me know is it wise to choose this card.

I am getting it at 43k global easy buy.

If i were u i will wait untill april. Rumor says that kepler's high-mid range gpus will be good competitor of 7970 and 7950.

OP
M

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
True as new cards are coming in and still makes more complex in the long run. We need to settle at one point. But let me know this will this reference card be suffice for 3-4 years down the line. Can i buy a gpu/cpu cooler and mood the gpu with liquid cooling which can allow me to add another card.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ macho84

I think your prayer has been answered by gigabyte.:grin:

Forget XFX and see this:

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 Graphic card @ 36.5k

Its a non-reference 7970 with custom heat sink and sports a triple fan design.:shock:

Now you can overclock as much as you can. This deal is irresistible for potential buyers imo.

dibya_kol

In the zone
@ macho84

I think your prayer has been answered by gigabyte.:grin:

Forget XFX and see this:

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 Graphic card @ 36.5k

Its a non-reference 7970 with custom heat sink and sports a triple fan design.:shock:

Now you can overclock as much as you can. This deal is irresistible for potential buyers imo.

Nice find vicky, but is this including everything ? (tax+shipping)

tkin

Back to school!!
Avoid xfx like the aids(worse than plague), serviced by rashi, its hell, get sapphire or msi.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gigabyte HD7970 with it's 3 Yrs. warranty and 3 fans is the best OCable air cooled HD7970 - don't look at any other brands if one needs to get a HD7970 ;-)

Top Bottom