Need best Android phone below 13000 INR

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Hello Guys my cousin is planning to get his first android phone so need your expert advice. Yesterday he was at Alpha to get Samsung Galaxy ACE but I convinced him to wait till Sunday.

Budget : Strictly under 13k INR

He won't go in for Rooting, Custom Roms & other mods...

Requirements:
Android 4 ICS minimum + JB promised or 2.3GB but assurance to get official ICS upgrade atleast.[I think Galaxy ACE won't get ICS ]
Good Music, GPU & Processor,
Decent Screen size but pocketable & Quality.

I found out 3 models of Sony ericsson but afraid of the services now as its merged with sony.
1. SE Xperia Mini which was @ 9500 at alpha 20days back
2. SE Xperia Mini Pro
3. SE Live with Walkman

Need your suggestions on these & also suggest any other fones which will suit his requirements & budget.

Thnks in Adv.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Live with Walkman is the only choice as Mini is a bit too small but most likely will not receive 4.1 update.

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Live with Walkman. Mini is good too. Mini pro if your friend wants a keyboard.

Ace hasn't even got ICS, has it?

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
no ace won't get official ics update and i feel ace+ also won't get (i may be wrong here). Hardly any update and +4k price not justifiable.

@sam
read lots of issues in live with walkman after ics update. Is this solved?

Guys any other good alternative in 13k?
Tfs.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam
read lots of issues in live with walkman after ics update. Is this solved?

i think the seeded version was Android 4.0.3 and it caused all sort of problem. Android 4.0.4 was suppose to solve it but yet to be announced. Maybe after the 2012 Xperia lineup receives ICS, 2011's Xperia lineup will get the fixed ICS.

techlover

In the zone
wait for Sony Xperia Miro ...will come with android 4.0 and highly likely to get Jellybean update too :)

and no Xperia 2011 phone will get jellybean update so u may not like to go for live if u want jellybean

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Defy+ solid phone, and if ur willing to root it, u can go a lot further with it

He won't go for rooting & moding so want some stable official ICS version.

wait for Sony Xperia Miro ...will come with android 4.0 and highly likely to get Jellybean update too :)

and no Xperia 2011 phone will get jellybean update so u may not like to go for live if u want jellybean

this was my first suggestion to him when he said about ACE to me but he do not have patience & wants to get the fone by sunday.. :(

Anyone know release date of miro?

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
my friend has got xperia U for 13.6k (just slightly more than your budget), few days back there was superdeal in Homeshop 18 they were selling Xperia U for low price i think that was the best deal.so just keep an eye you might get some good deal from various website which keeps coming and going
i think 13.6k for xperia u is sweet and that phone sell for nearly 15-15.5k in market.
at present cheapest deal is from adexmart which sell it for 15k.
so if you get cheap deal for xperia u around 13-14k go for it.

Last edited:

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
xperia Live with walkman...
mini pro if u need keyboard
AFAIK xperia miro will run ics but not sure of its JB update and project butter
Xperia Mini Pro will get CM9/CM10 too(FYI)

techlover

In the zone
xperia Live with walkman...
mini pro if u need keyboard
AFAIK xperia miro will run ics but not sure of its JB update and project butter
Xperia Mini Pro will get CM9/CM10 too(FYI)

most probably it will receive the JB update ....even Live and all xperia 2011 got ICS update

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
my friend has got xperia U for 13.6k (just slightly more than your budget), few days back there was superdeal in Homeshop 18 they were selling Xperia U for low price i think that was the best deal.so just keep an eye you might get some good deal from various website which keeps coming and going
i think 13.6k for xperia u is sweet and that phone sell for nearly 16-16.5k in market.
at present cheapest deal is from adexmart which sell it for 15k.
so if you get cheap deal for xperia u around 13-14k go for it.

that's gr8 news but he is going to get it tomorrow itself. xperia U retails for 15750 in mumbai.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
OP can find Xperia U for around 15.5k in local market, else Live with Walkman is a great choice indeed.

clmlbx

Technomancer
I will recommend xperia live with walkman ..I am very positive that it will receive jellybean(no official statements).. and stock ICS will be very heavy for it.. best would be to install cyanogenmod 9(ICS) and then don't touch any rom.. as that rom will be faster then stock and will smooth lot of things.. Final cyanogenmod 9 will be soon out, Latest is RC2

Last edited:
Top Bottom