Need a UPS that can supply upto 500W

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ are you talking about this thread :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/136217-best-trusted-online-websites.html

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@topgear

Thanks! I searched lot but didnt find it.
Thanks again for finding it for me.

@tachayon1986

go through the link that topgear has posted

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

here are few sites to keep you busy(I am copy pasting from asingh's post)

PrimeABGB
SMC
Theitwarez
Intencity
Flipkart (has IT products)
ITDepot
Deltapage
EBay

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Heh..ITDEPOT is where I found that overpriced APC 800 VA (Rs.5000) , I posted the link above too.

But, thank you all for the the links. I'll see if they have reasonable prices.

EDIT : This is weird , I found a 1100VA APC UPS at PrimeABGB and it's priced CHEAPER than the APC 800VA. In fact, the price of this 800VA is almost equal to the one at TheITDepot.com

Have a look:

APC 800 VA

*www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=s...tegory_id=266&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

APC 1100VA

*www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=s...tegory_id=266&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

Hope someone can explain the price difference to me

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Getting a UPS is best from a brick-and-mortar. Shipping will cost a bomb, cause it is so heavy. Is there not some Ritchie Street in Chennia for all this..?

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Getting a UPS is best from a brick-and-mortar. Shipping will cost a bomb, cause it is so heavy. Is there not some Ritchie Street in Chennia for all this..?

You are correct, there is a Ritchie Street; but I'm too lazy to go get it. It's a fairly long drive.

I guess I have no choice but to go there this weekend. Thanks all for your suggestions.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
i know this would mean intruding some one else's post but instead of creating post i thought i would use this as my query

Can i use APC800 VA for my configuration??? pls help ...
my UPS switches off directly if i am playing games when electricity goes but usually stays for 2min if i am not playing any games
also forgot to mention that i have 1 - 80mm fan , 1 - 120mm fan and 1 - 120mm led fan

Last edited:

WarrenG

Broken In
Heh..ITDEPOT is where I found that overpriced APC 800 VA (Rs.5000) , I posted the link above too.

But, thank you all for the the links. I'll see if they have reasonable prices.

EDIT : This is weird , I found a 1100VA APC UPS at PrimeABGB and it's priced CHEAPER than the APC 800VA. In fact, the price of this 800VA is almost equal to the one at TheITDepot.com

Have a look:

APC 800 VA

Buy APC | APC Back UPS 540 Watts/800 VA | Buy UPS

APC 1100VA

Buy APC | APC Back UPS 660 Watts/1100 VA | Buy UPS

Hope someone can explain the price difference to me

yes someone please explain this ... is it an older model ? or maybe it is without a battery ?? What is the difference ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ seems like they have not updated the price on website but you can call them to get the correct price.

@topgear
Thanks! I searched lot but didnt find it.
Thanks again for finding it for me.

you're welcome ;-)

i know this would mean intruding some one else's post but instead of creating post i thought i would use this as my query

Can i use APC800 VA for my configuration??? pls help ...
my UPS switches off directly if i am playing games when electricity goes but usually stays for 2min if i am not playing any games
also forgot to mention that i have 1 - 80mm fan , 1 - 120mm fan and 1 - 120mm led fan

for your rig even a 600/650VA APC UPS will do but if you need prolonged period of backup time and some future upgrade plan get APC 800VA.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
^^
for your rig even a 600/650VA APC UPS will do but if you need prolonged period of backup time and some future upgrade plan get APC 800VA.

Hey i guess my UPS is of 600VA(Powersafe) but it does'nt support my rig during load that is while playing games.Is there some problem with my UPS? pls help....

WarrenG

Broken In
@topgear - thanks, I inquired in some of the local shops (Mumbai not Lamington rd.) and they said the APC 800VA would cost around 5k.
So does that mean that the 1100VA model should cost more ?
Or could it be that the 1100VA is an older model or it dosent have some feature that the 800VA has ?

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
yes 1100va is an old model with lots of flaws its avbl in np for 5400.

800va is actually a small home ups.

i am not sure if the 800 va will provide 500w , usually 1000va ups provide arnd 600w, so try getting a numeric 1000va. should cost you in the region of 3600.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well I had the same problem of OP after I've installed my 560 too :(, but mine doesn't beep when the Power is on, but if a power cut happens it just go dead, even it doesn't wait for my inverter to switch it's mode :(, but after seeing the Prices or I should say High Prices of those 800VA/1KVA UPS I am :shock:'ed

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey i guess my UPS is of 600VA(Powersafe) but it does'nt support my rig during load that is while playing games.Is there some problem with my UPS? pls help....

how old it is ?

@topgear - thanks, I inquired in some of the local shops (Mumbai not Lamington rd.) and they said the APC 800VA would cost around 5k.
So does that mean that the 1100VA model should cost more ?
Or could it be that the 1100VA is an older model or it dosent have some feature that the 800VA has ?

the price of new APC 800VA ups has hiked and indeed the 1100VA is an old model.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Well, I ended up getting the APC 1100VA for around Rs. 4800. There was a Microtek 1kVA too for around 3000 , but I don't trust it. Working fine so far , those horrible beeps are gone.

Time to try Dragon Age 2 :)

chris

In the zone
How much backup time you get ?

After my PC change, my UPS only giving me 6 Minutes of back. I used to get 45 minutes on old Core2Duo E4500. So looking to buy a new UPS.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
How much backup time you get ?

After my PC change, my UPS only giving me 6 Minutes of back. I used to get 45 minutes on old Core2Duo E4500. So looking to buy a new UPS.

The backup time depends on how much power your PC , Monitor and external peripherals are consuming. Extra hard drives, graphics cards and other PCI cards will all add to the consumption.

You say you got 45 mins of backup for the old PC? What UPS do you have? Also, what's your new PC's configuration?

My UPS can give me around 7-8 mins of backup. It's because my PC consumes 400W+ and that's quite a lot. Check my configuration in my signature.

chris

In the zone
My current UPS is

Elent UPS 550E

First model on web site

Offline UPS Manufacturer, Offline UPS Systems, Offline UPS Power Supply, Indian Offline UPS Exporter, Offline UPS Distributor, Offline UPS Supplier, Offline UPS Power Supply Manufacturer

It use Exide 6 EL 40 AH (12V, 40ah) Battery.

My new configuration in in my signature

Intel Core i7 950 Processor
Corsair DDR-III Memory 2GB With Heat Sink- Model CMX2GX3M1A1333C9 * 3 = 6 GB
Asus X58 Chipset Intel Motherboard X58 Sabertooth
SAPPHIRE HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 PCIE VGA
CoolerMaster RS-650-PCAR-E3 (650 Watts)
BenQ V2410 Monitor

It used 650 Watts SMPS. Still my old UPS with 550 VA is handing with out any problem other than backup time is only 6 minutes.

I like to get some 20 minutes of backup.

Top Bottom