Need a UPS that can supply upto 500W

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Hi guys,

I recently installed a MSI Geforce 560Ti TwinFrozr-II card. My rig uses a Corsair VX450W as the PSU. Now, when I'm doing some intensive gaming and the GPU gets worked up , my UPS starts beeping like crazy! Alt-Tabbing back to the desktop slows down the GPU and the UPS stops beeping.

Apparently, my UPS (an APC 650VA) can only provide upto 390W. With this new GPU , my PSU is consuming more than that.

Can anyone recommend a good UPS that can provide upto 500w?

-Thanks in advance

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Thanks for your suggestions.

@thetechfreak

Just 2.5k? An APC 800VA costs around 5000 Rs. here in Chennai but I have no info regarding the Numeric. Does anyone know where I can get a Numeric 800VA in Chennai?

d3p

PowerHouse
Nope they manufacture inverters as well as UPS from Long time back. I know APC is the best, but just wanted to know any other comments on this.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Just enquired about the Numeric 1kVA UPS , price is Rs. 3250 . Now, I'm totally confused as to whether to go for the more expensively priced APC 800 VA (Rs.5000) or the Numeric 1kVA.

I can get the APC easily , but the Numeric will need a little shop hunting :| and I don't really have much time to go out. I prefer to order online but haven't found any online stores selling Numerics yet.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@asingh

what do you think about the prices? Arent the prices the OP said too high for APC?

@OP where did you go to buy? Are you willing to buy online? Need few reccomendations of sites?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Mmm...5K is too much it seems. Could easily manage a 1.1K VA in that. APC. He should ask prices at other places too.

OP
T

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I found the 800VA at TheItDepot , here's the link :

Theitdepot - APC Back UPS 800 (BR800-IN)

Yes, I know that 5000 is a steep price. Please check the above link and let me know if they're scamming people with those rates.

@theTechFreak

I already mentioned in a previous post that I was willing to buy online. If you would please suggest some sites, I'd appreciate it.

Top Bottom