need a super fast gaming pc....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ There's no gurantee in that. Newer pcb's don't allow the flash and unlocking is not possible. Totally depends on the buyer.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Arre, wazzup sam bhai?
Nothing yarr. Just been busy.
Ahh...ssb, still chillin yo? Over 1k posts i see, so i guess you are still single eh?
Hehe.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
vicky where did you read techpowerup is not reliable. its reviews are much more detailed. and stop putting bold. it emphasises as if you give decisions!

and toms has further cemmented my views on 6970. its 2gb frame buffer is useful in high resolutions and you wont play at low res. with high end cards.!
moreover it gives better multicard scaling than SLI in the same review in almost every game.

and dont talk of something which we dont know. i will see those games benches when they launch.

and you simply ignoring the quality of images in APP vs CUDA. shall i post images here if you cant see it clearly! The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jaskanwar singh
The bold statements i have put doesn't emphasize anything about decision making. The bottomline is 6970 is inferior compared gtx 570. You will max game at 1920x1200 and never more than that. For ultra resolutions, multigpu setups come into picture. Don't see those 2560x1600 results.

And when you will see those new game benches after their release, it will be too late for the op.

In that review 6970 is behind gtx 570 in most of the games at 1900x1200 which is considered high enough. Gtx 570 is cooler, has more overclocking headroom, physx support, cuda , better driver support.

So i would still say 570 as the clear choice in the top end segment. 6950 is actually a worthwhile buy but 6970 is not at all.

Here's a summary of frames per second thrown by both gtx 570 and 6970 at full hd with dx11.

Titles Gtx570 6970
1. Metro 2033 77 76.3
2.Lost planet 2 64 49.2
3.AVP 58.9 64
4.BFBC 2 72.6 71
5.Dirt 2 85.6 72.7
6.Just cause2 44.4 48.2

Now tell me your views. Now you tell me which one do you trust? Tom's or techpowerup?

Jas gtx 570 is favoured over 6970 for this very reason. In states it costs less than a 6970 but in india the difference isn't that much. And a buyer will always check the usp of the product before buying. You said in the end more fps matter but in this case, both are perfoming similarly.

But the 570's usp are physx, cuda, runs cooler and has more oc headroom which the 6970 simply doesn't provide. So 570 is a clear choice.

I had read that link you posted a month ago. Images rendered by cuda and stream are almost same. Remember, transcoding is not the only task that is offered by cuda but one of them. Currently, stream is like a baby compared to cuda in app support. Don't get biased by mere image quality difference.

Thats it, please don't argue anymore .

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
I see toms and techpowerup same. And like this i will put up fps from more games from Tpu.
Stream quality is much better. Cuda quality is crap. Its noisy unclear images. I will put em up tomorrow.
See the high resolution bench in tpu. 6970 is better. Also in toms fps its 2:2. In 2 benches the diff. is 1.!
6970 got 2gb frame buffer and better multigpu scaling.
About future u cant gurantee.!

6970 is more cooler quiter and better performance per watt.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I see toms and techpowerup same. And like this i will put up fps from more games from Tpu.
Stream quality is much better. Cuda quality is crap. Its noisy unclear images. I will put em up tomorrow.
See the high resolution bench in tpu. 6970 is better. Also in toms fps its 2:2. In 2 benches the diff. is 1.!
6970 got 2gb frame buffer and better multigpu scaling.
About future u cant gurantee.!

As i said earlier transcoding does not differentiate cuda and stream.There are apps much more essential than that. if i add a list, the pages will run out. I would say stream is as crap as cuda in quality. Cuda transcodes way faster. And this transcoding is done to fit portable devices.

About reviews, you see techpowerup equal to tom's but not everyone. That 2gb framebuffer is not a make or break deal.

A person buying a 20k+ gpu now will definitely buy something future proof. And 6970 is not future proof at all. Amd might discard its vliw4 design.

6970 is not cooler at all.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Are u blind or something in seeing images or temps? U tell me what to say now.
And ok put that list of infinite pages.

Ok buddy let me put some conclusion(u may like it)-

if person wants physx 570 is the way to go. Otherwise 6970.

About someone wanting gpu based computing - stream for transcoding and cuda for adobe cs4 or 5 along with gaming.
(although this field very vast)

for multigpu setups 6970.

What say?

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Well jas try to understand one thing. Going for a 6970 now is a huge bargain. Thats because its a wild card from amd. Vliw 4 might be scraped in future if games perform the tlp way. I said future because we see 570 performing better than 6970 in newer titles and this list will increase. That added framebuffer of 6970 won't help it either in upcoming titles. And the successors are not coming until this years end or next year.

So a person investing on a 20+k card will definitely want some sort of future proof. Fermi architecture is more promising than cayman and for this reason, it warrants a purchase over its competitor.

Power consumption of 6970 is similar to 570 which has less noise. Idle temps of both cards are same at 37c while at load, 570 is hotter by 4c which is 82c and 6970 is 78c.(Source- anandtech)
Nothing much to differentiate in the performance front.

Nvidia has come out with improved sli drivers so you might see better scaling now.
The only thing amd can do is drop prices further. And thats what they are planning to do by releasing 1gb versions of both 6970 and 6950.

Now why are they doing so? If they are in such a dominating position, why are they scraping that extra 1gb?

They are doing this because of the impending threat read as gtx 570 and gtx 560.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Vicky dont bother me with architectures. Already exams coming.:-D

i believe what i see and currently 6970 performs little better.

That hot huge fermi die! It is cooled with improved coolers. To prevent these cards from becoming microwaves.;)

about 1gb versions we will see their performance when they arrive. Future is FUTURE.

Ok piyush this is last post from me in this argument.:);-)

One last thing- vicky all ur belief of 570 better in new games goes to bin. See metro 2033 in anand. 6970 better.:)

STOPPED FROM MY SIDE!:-D

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Vicky dont bother me with architectures. Already exams coming.:-D

i believe what i see and currently 6970 performs little better.

That hot huge fermi die! It is cooled with improved coolers. To prevent these cards from becoming microwaves.;)

about 1gb versions we will see their performance when they arrive. Future is FUTURE.

Ok piyush this is last post from me in this argument.:);-)

One last thing- vicky all ur belief of 570 better in new games goes to bin. See metro 2033 in anand. 6970 better.:)

STOPPED FROM MY SIDE!:-D

Jas, see the test bed for both anand and tom's. Anand is using an i7 920 whereas tom's is using a 980x gulftown. Thats why we are seeing some different scores.

In tom's there's absolutely no cpu bottleneck. Since 2600k performs similar to 980x , gtx 570 will be the perfect card for it. So before seeing, please take everything into consideration.

You are calling 570 as a microwave so be it. In fact that 6970 is not a cucumber at all. That is hot too.

6970 DOES NOT PERFORM BETTER THAN GTX 570 but both perform more or less similarly while 570 performs a tad better in most games in fullhd and is cheaper too. 570 has many features over 6970 and thats why the latter is hard to recommend.

And whenever you recommend a 6970 to a person, i will be first person to oppose by giving these very reasons.

We will again debate over benchmarks when 560 arrives and all the cards are retested with new drivers and sandybridge cpu's.

And hey please do concentrate over your exams. I won't bother you about architectures again.:smile:

Best of luck.:smile:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Gaurav the problem is those who are debaters get a headache. Yesterday i felt as if my head will burst out while searching reviews and reading and commenting:lol:.
But yup these are fruitful IMO.

Gaurav the problem is those who are debaters get a headache. Yesterday i felt as if my head will burst out while searching reviews and reading and commenting:lol:.
But yup these are fruitful IMO.

Vicky 920 not a bottleneck for games. Gpu matters.

Anyways i am open to oppositions.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Its a bottleneck relatively jas.

i7 980x + 570 will give a bit more fps than i7 920+ 570. Thats what i meant and the reason for different scores in tom's and anand. Its not like i7 920 is not for gaming and yes gpu matters.

Don't just blindly see benchmark scores and post but analyse a bit.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Arey yaar performs better but by how much? Just 3-4 fps max. Thats the difference. You compare side by side both tom's and anand scores on similar games and ask yourself.

That 3-4 fps deficit 570 has in anand is due to 920. But in tom's we dont see that deficit due to 980x. But again that deficit is negligible and in toms, the 570 performs better than 6970 by 3-4 fps max which is also negligible. Both the cards perform similarly in real world scenarios.

Try to understand this simple thing before arguing unecessarily.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
sorry piyush but this man doesnt let me quit the discussion. repeating same things again and again.

you have reviewed any of these card that you are saying similar in real world scenario. and now you are unnecesarily saying 920 is a bottleneck because you are proved wrong! 920 is very good cpu for gaming and everything.

and acc. to your previous statement 920 for 6970 shouldnt be a bottleneck. 570 is such a high end one that even 920 cant support it!:lol::lol:

in even previous post you mention better in full hd. buddy nothing can happen of you. you are completely an nvidia fanboy.

you have no reason left to oppose 6970 except physx. and 6950 + 240 will perform better in physx than 570. rendering physx by a single gpu slows it and less fps are got.

and now you unnecesarily argue better drivers in SLI. oh man open your eyes and see benches. 6970 is relatively new and like this with more driver updates from amd its performance will increase further. amd hasnt stopped making drivers:lol:

and now you will say in bold "jas you are amd fanboy" and at last(as in the end of almost every post you make) "570 is better" and "not everyone has 2 pcie slot to support 6950 + 240". but then these are also found on 6-7k mobos and those who spend 22k on gpu dont go for less than 10k mobo. they have budget. budddy your bold statements wont change a thing. you even put techpowerup wrong for supporting yourselves. atleast spare those poor guys who have seen performance with their eyes.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
sorry piyush but this man doesnt let me quit the discussion. repeating same things again and again.

you have reviewed any of these card that you are saying similar in real world scenario. and now you are unnecesarily saying 920 is a bottleneck because you are proved wrong! 920 is very good cpu for gaming and everything.

and acc. to your previous statement 920 for 6970 shouldnt be a bottleneck. 570 is such a high end one that even 920 cant support it!:lol::lol:

in even previous post you mention better in full hd. buddy nothing can happen of you. you are completely an nvidia fanboy.

you have no reason left to oppose 6970 except physx. and 6950 + 240 will perform better in physx than 570. rendering physx by a single gpu slows it and less fps are got.

and now you unnecesarily argue better drivers in SLI. oh man open your eyes and see benches. 6970 is relatively new and like this with more driver updates from amd its performance will increase further. amd hasnt stopped making drivers:lol:

and now you will say in bold "jas you are amd fanboy" and at last(as in the end of almost every post you make) "570 is better" and "not everyone has 2 pcie slot to support 6950 + 240". but then these are also found on 6-7k mobos and those who spend 22k on gpu dont go for less than 10k mobo. they have budget. budddy your bold statements wont change a thing. you even put techpowerup wrong for supporting yourselves. atleast spare those poor guys who have seen performance with their eyes.

I am not gonna quit either. That physx config you've given s***s big time.
GROW up jas. You are not trying to understand what i mean. I never said 920 is a bottleneck but 980x + 570 gives 4-5fps more than 920+570 or 6970.

Now if you think like a little kid and argue, there will seriously be no conclusion to this. You are trying to say sli doesn't scale well. Wait until 560 releases and all the cards retested with latest drivers. Then we shall argue again.

And remember this, a single 570 will comfortably give playable fps with physx on unlike amd cards which is obvious. And nothing can happen of you if you still think as a kid. Read your own posts carefully. Its you who is repeating same things. Not me.

My bold statements are not changing anything because they are true to their grounds. Get a discrete gpu and check yourself. There is absolutely no difference between 50fps and 55fps to the naked eye. Install fraps and check it yourself before commenting.

Read the conclusions of the review sites and see what they've said about 6970 and 570. 6970 is not at all recommended with gtx 570 around. 6950 on the other hand is highly recommended for its price. But if physx is priority then gtx 570 all the way instead of 6950+240. One can save up and add another 570 or 560 in the future to see extra fps.

But a 570 will still provide playable fps with physx unlike 6970. And for ultra high resolutions you mentioned, nobody will buy a single gpu setup for that.

I am not an nvidia fanboy cause i use a radeon 5750 and i also could have gone for a gts 450 3 months back. I support both of them an infact barts gpu's have no competition currently and are highly recommended to anyone with a budget of 10-14k. But 6970 just doesn't quite cut it.

You can laugh at me, pass me comments but i'm not gonna return them back to you as you are very young to me. Don't take those GROW UP statements seriously. I am just sticking to the truth and thats it.

somulesnar

Journeyman
@ jaskanwar singh

i m hostelite. i myself own a gtx 570 + core i7 930 wid 4 gb ddr3. currently gaming on mafia 2 & metro at full hd res. Getting 50-55 fps in very HQ, dx11, 8x AA in metro wid physx on. With phsyx off i am getting 65-70 fps.

My hostel mate owns sapphire 6970 wid the same cpu & is getting 60-65 fps with same settings. and wid physx on he is not able to game on it. Similar is the story in mafia 2.

So wat i c practically both r neck 2 neck but my 570 has physx advantage.

I think i have to agree wat vickybat is commenting.

BY THE WAY NICE DEBATE.

Top Bottom