need a super fast gaming pc....

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@vicky
when did i say its a harm. but we cant sacrifice other components for a powerful processor that isnt going to benefit us!!
and regarding 570 and 6970 look at benches carefully. 6970 is better in more games. although very less difference. 6970 is less power consuming, less hot, less noisy. they have higher performance per watt.
Radeon HD 6950 & 6970 review
dont talk with me regarding architectures. these things do not concern for a buyer. he just wants a better pc and i suggest with what performs better.

Last edited:

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
intel i7 2600-15000
asus P8H67 M LE-6500
4 gb ram-3000
500 gb wd-1700
cm gx-550-4000
msi hd 6950-18000
benq e2220hd-8800
nzxt gamma-2000

total-59k

this rig might give you the better performance.

deep92

Dare To Be Naive.
then i think i5 2400 would be the way to go.saves 5k on cpu and can get corsair 550 and still will be left with 4.5k to buy a good ups.:)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 9.5k
Intel DH67CL @ 6.5k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 @ 2.3k
GTX 560 @ 17k (predicted)
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.7k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.5k
NZXT Gamma @ 2k
Dell Ultrasharp U2311H @ 13.7k
APC 800VA @ 3.5k

Total - 60.7k

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@vicky
when did i say its a harm. but we cant sacrifice other components for a powerful processor that isnt going to benefit us!!
and regarding 570 and 6970 look at benches carefully. 6970 is better in more games. although very less difference. 6970 is less power consuming, less hot, less noisy. they have higher performance per watt.
Radeon HD 6950 & 6970 review
dont talk with me regarding architectures. these things do not concern for a buyer. he just wants a better pc and i suggest with what performs better.

I have looked at the benches carefully. Insignificant differences between 570 and 6970. And architectures matter more my friend. Games going to release recently will be benefit from TLP and nvidia gpu's will benefit from it. 570 and 6970 perform similarly and 6970 is not at all superior. 1-2fps benefit it has in some games like crysis warhead doesn't at all matter. Nvidia sli is also improved now and will scale maybe even better than the caymans. That very small advantage that 6970 has is due to its relatively large framebuffer. At 1680x1050, 570 is almost faster in all games. Check anandtech. And don't forget in physx based titles, amd cards will be crippled.

Going for the caymans now is a huge bargain as newer games wont utilize better its vliw4 design and its in trial and error phase currently. Amd may skip this design altogether in its upcoming architecture in q4 2011 or 2012.

So currently nvidia has the edge in highend segment.

And how can you say 570 is hotter than 6970 when 6970 is 1degree cooler than 570 when idle and 3 degrees hotter on load. Gtx 570 is cooler of the two and has more overclocking headroom than 6970.

For op, i7 2600 + gtx 560 is looking good currently. He should wait for 560 and look at its performance before making a decision.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ok i skipped the architecture but i read that of sandybridge(first time :-D).

about resolution check this - HIS Radeon HD 6970 2 GB Review - Page 1/33 | techPowerUp
6970 better in most. so i am not connvinced till now.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Look at the performance summary of the above review at all resolutions jas. All your questions will be answered. It trails behind 570 at all resolutions except for fullhd and 2560x1600 and thats totally because of 2gb video memory. Both the cards perform similarly and 570 costs less.

You cannot say 6970 as a superior card but giving similar performance. 570 has added features like physx and cuda and has more overclocking headroom than 6970.:smile:

Piyush

Lanaya
looks like a war is brewing up

@piyush121
at which resolution are u gonna game and will u change ur newly bought monitor within 2-3 years?

lets finish this endless conversation of AMD vs Nvidia

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Vicky why are u neglecting the game benches in that review? And also see performance per watt.
6970 is better.

Cuda is just overhyped. AMD APP or previously stream performs better everywhere i see (eg video transcoding) and has lot of support now. And physx just an attraction from nvidia.

Full hd is the res. most popular now. And will u play at lower res. with high end cards.!
6970 considerably gives more fps from what i see and if u say small then as we go high diff. increases by small amount only!

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Guys sorry for entering from nowhere, this Nvidia/AMD war will never end. So I think when recommending someone a GPU both AMD and Nvidia option should be given and let the buyer/OP decide. The OP should purchase the GPU by his/her own choice.
I agree with Piyush, this is a endless war, I like Nvidia, Jas may like AMD, so lets just finish it.

Regards.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Ithehappy i dont like amd or nvidia. I just like what performs better. So i tell u too stop fanboyishness. It leads nowhere!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Vicky why are u neglecting the game benches in that review? And also see performance per watt.
6970 is better.

Cuda is just overhyped. AMD APP or previously stream performs better everywhere i see (eg video transcoding) and has lot of support now. And physx just an attraction from nvidia.

Full hd is the res. most popular now. And will u play at lower res. with high end cards.!
6970 considerably gives more fps from what i see and if u say small then as we go high diff. increases by small amount only!

No cuda is not overhyped. It has lot more support than stream currently. Both give similar image quality in transcoding whereas x86 codepath gives better results. Cuda is much faster in transcoding than stream.

I have played metro 2033 with physx on on my friend's gtx 460 and know how it looks with physx on. Believe me, that attraction is really something.

Check this review and tell me your views on 570 and 6970. I can bet that in newer games, 570 will perform better.

Tom's hardware gives a clear picture than techpowerup. I have seen in other forums people recommending the 570 against 6970 for this very reason.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Buddy in the quicksync review of anand see the images carefully. Cuda is fast but APP is quality.
Techpowerup is very much reliable.
Will see tom review tomorrow.
Have u seen future? See current gfx cards. Future will see more gfx cards.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jaskanwar singh

ok please do post your views after reading tom's buddy. I am sure your views will change. Techpowerup is not as reliable as tom's hardware.

By future, i mean games like crysis2, batman arkham city, portal 2,elder scrolls v skyrim, dragon age 2 , doom4, fear3 etc... They will perform better in 570 due to more stress towards tlp and tesselation. Games like metro2033, lost planet2 already perform better on a 570.

And future will be current at a point of time. And about app, its quality is as bad as cuda. Nothing to write home about. Both lost to quicksync in speed and quality.

:grin: really nicely told. well we can only predict what will we get in the next batch of cards from both teams.

The way amd is going currently, its pretty easy to predict.

Last edited:

abirthedevil

In the zone
is there really a need for most of the posts in this thread? i feel stupid that i read all of them

@piyush121 wait 10-15 days more, gtx560 is out on 25th and AMD 6950 and 6970 1gb versions are in the pipeline gtx560 and 6950 1gb should be similarly priced, read reviews and decide for yourself which product suits you best

Last edited:
Top Bottom