Need a High resource consuming PC

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Component | Make | Price | Comments Processor |Intel Core i7 2600|14500|
Motherboard |Intel DH67BL|5500|
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL|5500|8gb will be better
Graphic Card |MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II OC|14500|you are better off spending on nvidia gpu as adobe supports cuda
HDD |Seagate ITB 7200.12|2700|
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900|
PSU |SeaSonic S12II 520|4100|
Case |CM Elite 430|2500|
Monitor |DELL ST2220L|8500|
| Total |59700|

Last edited:
OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
@ Saswat .. thnx for the wonderful explanation
Well so if no overclocking then H series
if overclocking then wait for the Z series

Do u feel i7 2600 should be overclocked for my need ? Its 3.4 Ghz by Default.. Overclocking can take it upto ??

How much onboard gfx i will get with i7 2600 + H series ?

i7 2600 + H series ///// i7 2600K + Z series .. The only addon feature is i can overclock .. Anything else ?? So How Much extra i m supposed to pay apart from waiting ?

@ jas..
Loved ur config..
According to Saswat`s explanation .. Ur mobo will support the onboard gfx bt as the proccy is non K , no overclocking.. rite ?

Wats better
MoBo: Asus P8H67 M PRO SB -- 8.5k or the mobo u suggested ??
MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II OC or ATi Radeon HD 6950 @ 17.5k ??

thnx guyz !!

where is vickybat ?? :(

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Will you be adding a GPU or not???
Keeping in mind, u get i7-2600k.
If you are adding a GPU now then go for P67.
But if you are not adding a GPU now and plan to use intel's graphics till u get one, then wait for Z68.

The mobo suggested by jas is H67. That means even if you get a k series proccy then u can use only the on CPU graphics but cant OC on that board.

About the mobo selection from the above two, ASUS is the leading motherboard brand. For low budget SB system intel is good, but for u i suggested Asus coz Asus has better solid capacitors and other features. Even you can SLi or XFire on the Asus board as it has 2 PCIe slots unlike the Intel board.

Also u cant OC i7-2600 as its a non k series. Its stock speed is more than enough for you now.
But in i7-2600k u can OC up to 4-5GHz, provided u have a P67 or Z68 mobo.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@ jas..
Loved ur config..
According to Saswat`s explanation .. Ur mobo will support the onboard gfx bt as the proccy is non K , no overclocking.. rite ?

Wats better
MoBo: Asus P8H67 M PRO SB -- 8.5k or the mobo u suggested ??
MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II OC or ATi Radeon HD 6950 @ 17.5k ??

yes you cant overclock on h67. but you cant compromise on gpu too. and i mentioned before get nvidia as adobe supports cuda.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
i am going for the gpu in this 60K only

one doubt..

H series + i7 2600 + GPU = GPU gfx OR Onboard gfx ||||| GPU gfx + Onboard gfx ??
i am currently assuming that i will be getting addition of both the gfx and hence i m opting for H series and leaving the OC behind

If i m wrong.. and its onboard gfx or GPU gfx.. den obv i ll be having a GPU so its better to go with P serries Mobo and i7 2600K

Kindly solve this doubt

saswat23

Human Spambot
With H series if you add a GPU then you cant really use the onboard graphics. So, you better go with P67 as you will be adding a GPU. You can OC with the board too.

Cilus

laborare est orare
OP, you are getting little confused here. LEt me put it clearly.

All the Intel Sandy Bridge processors are having the IGP integrated inside the processor itself.
Now there is two if chipset available for Intel SB, H67 and P67.

H67 boards are cheaper and Oceing is not possible with these boards even if a K series SB CPU has been plugged into it. But these motherboards are having output display port which can be connected to your monitor. So you can use the on-die graphics core of the Sandy Bridge CPU with H67 chipset. SO you can work with a H67mmobo without adding a dedicated GPU.
But once u add a graphics card, the on-die GPU of CPU will be disabled.

Now P67 is the elder brother of H67. They supports Overclocking of the K series processors. But these motherboards don't have any display ports. So you can't use the on-die graphics core of the Sandy Bridge Processor. You have to add a discrete GPU with it.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Thnx for clearing this out..
But once u add a graphics card, the on-die GPU of CPU will be disabled.
this was the main confusion..

obv i m going for a good gpu rite nw.. infact one of the major reasons for chaning my pc is gpu.. so H series is of no use to me.. so i will go for P series as i can OC in future..

So srry everyone for the troubles caused

Suggest me a config i7 series plus P series plus 8gb ram plus a solid gpu for my aftereffects and some HD gaming plus a 22" nice monitor

Does 22" Monitor look odd for normal browsing and office work ??
I am not much into gaming and movie
I am more into web designing work and programming with decent HD gaming
So is a 22" monitor fine or i shd go with a smaller one ??
if smaller.. giv dat in config

thnx a lot..

I will be buying before 31st march.. so in a lil hurry.. help me gurus.. ;)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^once you get hands on a 21.5' you wont revert back to smaller monitors. believe me you wont :-D

Component | Make | Price | Comments Processor |Intel Core i7 2600k|16500|
Motherboard |Intel DP67BG|8500|
RAM |G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL|5500|
Graphic Card |MSI GTX560 Twin Frozr II OC|14500|nvidia for cuda adobe support
HDD |Seagate ITB 7200.12|2700|
DVD Writer |LG 22X SATA DVD|900|
PSU |SeaSonic S12II 520|4100|
Case |CM Elite 430|2500|
Monitor |DELL ST2220L|8500|
| Total |64700|

rupankur

Broken In
Intel Z68 Express Chipset Preview:

Intel Z68 Express Chipset Preview: SSD Caching And Quick Sync : Z68 Express Makes Its Debut

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
advantages of z over p ?
i cant wait long.. :(

thanks jas for d config.. i will wait for few others too..

According to wat i understood..

H >> can enable onboard gpu
P >> Overclock CPU
Z >> Can do both

but i m adding a GPU so onboard will be disabled.. so d OC can be done by P.. so y wait for Z ??? Extra Advantage ? How much extra cost ? How much waiting ?

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
^ thnx.. u exceeded a budget a lil bro.. bt i m satisfied with it hands down..
i will try going for it..

i m expecting replies from other members too.. i wonder y vickybat has not visited this yet :(

I live in nasik.. rlly small.. expecting this config in stores here is like hunting for a dinosaur..

so where can i get these online ?

i visited itwares and primeabgb web.. they dont have any sandybridge on e-shop as on yet..

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
advantages of z over p ?
i cant wait long.. :(

thanks jas for d config.. i will wait for few others too..

According to wat i understood..

H >> can enable onboard gpu
P >> Overclock CPU
Z >> Can do both

but i m adding a GPU so onboard will be disabled.. so d OC can be done by P.. so y wait for Z ??? Extra Advantage ? How much extra cost ? How much waiting ?

Sorry for not replying buddy. I guess jas already told you the reason.

My take on this would be to wait and go for z68. Believe me, if priced right, z68 will render both p67 and h67 useless. As you already know that z68 allows cpu overclocking as well as to use the on-die gpu ( even quicksync). So it really sounds sweet.

But apart from that, its also got smart ssd caching. That means, even if you install the os in your sata 3 based magnetic hdd, and you have lets say a 20gb ssd, the os can access the ssd and can transfer and fetch data from there making the system overall faster.

So imo, its wise to wait for Z68.

lordirecto

In the zone
@vicky: I do accept that Z68 has some promising features, whose performance is not known to any of us till now.
I want to point out that this year's budget is going to increase the prices of computer components, which I hear is around 5%, from April 1. If you translate that 5% in terms of your entire computer budget, it can become a considerable amount to pay.
So my question is, can OP ,OP's requirements and his budget accomodate the increase in price?
So take this into consideration when planning to get a high end config.
Do let me know if my idea/opinion is wrong.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Lots of troubles / confusions :

1. Is it really worth waiting for the Z series ? I personally feel that P series is enough for me. How much will be the price rise ? moreover once launched i will have to wait again till it is tested..
2. As suggested by Jas.. d config is 64K.. I m loving it.. Exceeding 4K already and mouse , kb , speakers are not added in it :( so more more rise
3. 5% increase ?? :(((((((((((((((((
4. I live in nasik , a very small city.. Where can i get these online ?? where can i get these on lamington road ?? ( Plz refer very trustable ones only.. I would love COD option for online buy ) coz buying here local would cost me 7-8K extra in total easily..

saswat23

Human Spambot
OP,
Its better you wait a month, for prices to come down.
ELSE dont think and go with P67 with a good GPU. Z68 will be a waste for you if you add a GPU on it. So better stick with P67.

Top Bottom