Need a High resource consuming PC

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Hello,
There was a time i kept waiting for i3,i7 and then i was waiting for the revised sandybridge. I Finally think its proper time to go for a new PC now..
I am not BUMP as they r a lil old now and moreover my needs and budget have changed. Help with a Config

Budget: 55-60K Max
Buy Date: As soon as Config is decided and pleasing.

Use: Web Designing ( Corel Draw , Photoshop , Dreamweaver , Illustrator ) are opened simultaneously.. Would love fast processing and no hangups !!
High End gaming but not frequent.. Interested in After Effects Too..

Needed: Everything

Problems : My Computer table can fit only a 17" monitor.. I ll consider changing my table.. But Suggest me 17" monitors too.

Optional:
I prefer Wireless keyboard & Mouse
I would like to dual boot XP & win 7 .. ( I am an IT student.. Win 7 has probs running C++ Gfx Programmes )

So Help me out..

Thanks
Dinesh Modi

saswat23

Human Spambot
Here goes your config:

* CPU: Intel i5-2500k - 11.5k
* Mobo: ASUS P8P67 - 11k
* HDD: WDC Blue 1TB - 2.7k
* RAM: Corsair DDR3 4GB - 2.3k
* OD: Samsung 22x - 0.9k
* GPU: HD6850 - 10k
* PSU: Corsair CX450 - 3.5k
* CASE: NZXT M59- 3.6k
* MONITOR: LG 16'' LED - 4.5k
* DESKET: Logitech / MS wireless Combo - 1.5k
* UPS: APC 850VA - 3k

Total -- 54.5k

Also, which monitor do you want???
As you have a table which can hold a 17'' Monitor so i have suggested a 16'' one. But if you change ur table then U can get a 22'' FULL HD Monitor worth 3k more.

Last edited:
OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
Well i decided to modify my table..
It can take 16.5" in height and 25" in width for monitor
and i am extremely sorry.. i forgot to mention.. i dont need a UPS.. i have a Compuinverter

^^ i am lil not satisfied with the gpu plus i plan to go for more than 4gb ddr3

I would also like others expert comments on my need

saswat23

Human Spambot
If you dont want UPS then u can use that 3k + another 4.5k and get ATi Radeon HD 6950 @ 17.5k

If you want more RAM then just
get another stick of 4GB DDR3 @ 2.3k more.

And for monitor, what is the resolution of monitor you want??
You have to increase ur budget by 5k to get FULL HD 22" LED screen.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
I cant exceed 60K
i would love a 22" Monitor
For now i think i will go with 4gb drr3 and expansion slots empty to add up later if required..

good GPU is essential bt budget matters :(

lordirecto

In the zone
@OP: I feel that you can wait a bit more, as the Z68 chipsets are going to be released soon. Then you can make use of both the on-board gfx and also your dedicated gfx cards. If you can wait a bit more, then I will strongly suggest that you get Ivybridge. I am sure you will be able to get a computer a bit more powerful than buying now.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
^ Bit more = Approx how many days / weeks ?
i am already waiting since 6 months.. something or the other keeps popping in

lordirecto

In the zone
^
If you read a bit more through this forum, you will find that almost all here are waiting for B3 stepping to become available, including me.
From what I know, B3 stepping will become available in India only in the first or second week of April(there is no perfect guarantee for this too :( ). Wait 2 more weeks for May and you will be able to get a Z68 based mobo.

EDIT: I refered to a few articles online, and found that the Z68 might be released as early as April :D

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
OP,
sorry i dont get you. You were not satisfied with ATi 6850. Not even satisfied 6950.
I hope you want a more cheaper GPU than 6850???
Then probably go with 5770 @ 7.5k.
If you dont want to OC then u can go with H67 mobo i.e Intel DH67CL @ 6.5k. In this mobo u can utilize the on CPU graphics, if you dont plan to add a GPU now. Else wait as suggested, for Z67 mobos to arrive so that you can both OC as well use the on CPU graphics. But i think those mobos will be costlier than P67 mobos.

If you go with DH67CL and Radeon 5770, then you probably save 6.5k. Also 3k from UPS and subtracting the 4.5k from 16" LED you have 14k left in total. So, go with a 22" HD LED monitor.

masterkd

Padawan
you plan to spend 60k..i suggest you spent 58k on the rig and 2k on the table to use a full hd 22" monitor atleast..16/17" is too small and old for now!!
for gpu get get 560 Ti and get Benq G2220HD

^^don't any of you guys think 6950 would be an overkill for 16" monitor??

lordirecto

In the zone
@OP: About Z68 being expensive than P67, yes it will be 20% more expensive than P67. Now I am having second thoughts about getting Z68 :(

slashragnarok

In the zone
No. Z68 will be only $8 costlier than P67. That is approximately Rs 350-400. Here's the link.

Intel Began Z68 Chipset Production, Launch in May - VR-Zone.com

Look at the paragraph that starts below the picture of the processor. Second line from last.

Besides is there any feature the Z68 has that will benefit us, who will use a graphics card anyway?

lordirecto

In the zone
^ You get the option to use the on board gfx and also dedicated gpu if you want to. Z68 also allows you to OC the on board gpu present in the K series proccys.

About the release date, some sources on internet say it is May while others say it is early April. If it is early april, then it is very obvious that waiting for the P67 B3 stepping is a complete waste of time, since you are telling it is a price difference of just 8$, which I feel is convert to 20$ when it comes to india.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
UPDATES:

^ My budget is 55-60K
i dont need a UPS
My computer table problem is solved. Will go for a 22" Monitor.. Budget unaffected
i am still thinking whether waiting will be worth.. but till then suggest me config supposing that i m nt interested in waiting
i will be buying around 1st week April and by then if the Zseries is out or nearby.. I will give it a thought !!

I am more interested in i7 than i5.. I Wont be overclocking.. GPU & ram matters to me the most in my web design need

masterkd

Padawan
if you don't want to wait much longer wait until you get B3 steppings motherboard..now waiting for Z68 is your call!!

saswat23

Human Spambot
Ok here is your i7 rig.
* CPU: Intel i7-2600k - 16.2k
* Mobo: ASUS P8P67 - 11k
* HDD: WDC Blue 1TB - 2.6k
* RAM: Corsair DDR3 4GB - 2.3k
* OD: Samsung 22x - 0.9k
* GPU: HD6850 - 10k
* PSU: Corsair VX550 - 4.5k
* CASE: NZXT M59- 3.5k
* MONITOR: Benq G2220 HD - 7k
* DESKET: Logitech / MS wireless Combo -
Total -- 59.5k

Even if you dont OC, there is no harm in getting a 'k' series processor. It may be helpful to you if any time in future you want to OC.
But, if you really in case wont OC then better go with these:
* CPU: Intel i7-2600 -- 14k
* MoBo: Asus P8H67 M PRO SB -- 8.5k
Total ---- 54.8k

If you are sure you dont want OCing they go with this combo and there is really no use of waiting for Z68. Its for them who want to both OC and use the internal graphics.
But if you want to OC, even later then go with 'k' series with P67 or Z68.

OP
techking_dinesh

techking_dinesh

Digit Squad Member
i prefer the K Series then if it is just 2k more
i have confused with use of onboard gfx.. can someone plz explain ? which mobo will allow dat , which wont ? i mean using wat combo can i use onboard gfx and using wat combo i wont get dat ?

Moreover i would like to go for 8gb ram.. bt if it exceeds 60k i will add it up laterz

I dont want to overclock as on nw.. bt i m open to it for the future..

saswat23

Human Spambot
You see, you have confused your self a lot.
First clear these things.

CPU:
* non K processors ------ i5-2400, i5-2500, i7-2600.
These proccy have inbuilt Graphics. But you cant OC these proccy.
* K processors ------ i5-2500k, i7-2600k
These proccy have inbuilt graphics, a little better than 'non k processors'. These proccy can be OCed.

MoBo:
* H67 ---- DH67BL, DH67CL, etc
These mobo can handle both k series and non k series. The inbuilt graphics of the processors can be used in this MoBo. But in this MoBo you cant OC k series.
* P67 --- P8P67, etc..
These mobos too can handleboth the above processors, but the inbuilt gaphics of the proccy cannot be used in these mobos. Only the proccys can be OCed in these boards. So, getting a non k series proccy like i5-2400 will be waste as these proccy can neither be OCed nor their graphics can be used in these boards.
* Z68: suitable for k-series
These boards are capable of supporting both OCing and internal graphics. So, a k-series proccy can be well OCed in these boards as well as one can use the internal graphics in these boards.

Summary,
* Z68 will be better for k series.
*H67 is better for non k series.
* You can use k series on a H67 too, if you want to use its internal graphics but cant OC the proccy.
* P67 is for k series. You can OC k series proccy, but cant use their inbuilt graphics in these boards.

So, now you decide which proccy you want to use.

By the way u will be getting a GPU, so better go for k series + P67. OC option available, so u can OC later when u want.
But if you are not going for a GPU now and want to use the internal CPU graphics then go for k series + H67. But OC option is not available.
But if you want both, then better wait for Z68. You can use the CPU graphics as well as OC. So, no problems in future too.
:D :D :D

Top Bottom