Need a Future proof mobile.

aroraanant

Explorer
I was googling the same, and on many places it says it supports and at many places it says it don't, I still doubt.

The "4" is the generation of the iPhone, "s" denotes speed in 4s.
I know that.

I think when Apple launched iphone 4 they said that it will support 4G

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
anant,there is nothing to doubt on that..it's clear 4g is not supported by iphone 4s.
can you give me a link where it is posted that iphone 4s supports 4g network?
Naa,apple ne kabhi nhi kha ki iphone 4s is iphone 4g..i don't believe it!

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Please enlighten me with the links where did you find that it supports 4G?
Read this article, will get your facts right :)
This is why Apple's iPhone 4S doesn't support 4G/LTE - Computerworld Blogs

Also, Apple never said that it's iPhone 4s will support LTE or so called 4G. The only Apple device supporting LTE (4G) is the iPad 3 or the "The new Apple iPad" :p

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
@aroraanant

4g = LTE or Dual Cell (DC-)HSDPA

you have to have speeds greater than 40mbps to be called as 4g according to US FCC.

please do not post wrong information. Iphone 4s is 3.5g not 4g

aroraanant

Explorer
I searched some more and finally got to know that it doesn't support 4G.
Thanks for updating my knowledge.
And sorry for posting wrong info.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
@OP Go for Samsung Galaxy SII for 27K, just 2K over your budget, but worth the money spent, and will also prove to be a bit "future proof" as compared to other phones in market. Obviously SIII will make it roll one generation back, but who cares? You get great hardware and good developer support.

aroraanant

Explorer
And BTW there was a time when AT&T Claims iPhone 4S Is 4G Capable but later they agreed that it wasn’t a very fair denomination and said it was more 3.5G than actual 4G.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
And BTW there was a time when AT&T Claims iPhone 4S Is 4G Capable but later they agreed that it wasn’t a very fair denomination and said it was more 3.5G than actual 4G.

yes AT&T (and another player joined them soon) claimed 3.5G or 3.75G as LTE. later they corrected the info terming it as something like 3.9G.

@sarthak, forget 4G. by the time it is affordable and widely available your current mobile will be set to retire. grab the best smartphone you can afford and use it.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!

That was a mistake. It didn't stand good against the IMT Advanced standards. As ssk_the_gr8 also said, it should have a minimum speed of 40 mbps and peak upto 1gbps.

But first of all, you need to understand what is 4G and LTE. 4G is a standard given by IMT Advanced (International Mobile Telecommunications-Advanced). Companies then showcase their technologies for this standard and they are named 3G, 3.5G, 4G as they satisfy the given conditions in their respective set of rules. AT&T LTE Network did not satisfy the condition of providing peak Down speed of 1Gbps, so they were termed as 3.9G not 4G.

Confusion has been caused by some mobile carriers who have launched products advertised as 4G but which according to some sources are pre-4G versions, commonly referred to as '3.9G', which do not follow the ITU-R defined principles for 4G standards, but today can be called 4G according to ITU-R

This is the "4G" that AT&T was talking about.

sarthak

In the zone
@sarthak, forget 4G. by the time it is affordable and widely available your current mobile will be set to retire. grab the best smartphone you can afford and use it.

I wasn't the one asking for a 4G phone.........

ajaybc

Youngling
IMO just buy a descent phone (Android or Windows phone) around 15K. Use it for 1-2 years max sell it off and then buy a new one.

IMHO 15K is the sweet spot for purchasing mobile phones and 10-12K for graphics cards

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
Any phone with minimum 5megapixels?
with Hdmi port,usb on the go?
I need suggestions:is 3D recording feature important?wouldn't it be good to have 3D recording feature?can passive 3D monitor display recorded 2D video into 3D?
O/s-Windows or Android which should i choose?
Budget-20k

Theodre

In the zone
How come no one is talking about which OS and other specifications should be met?

My suggestions are as follows:-

1. You should be going for Android:cool: or windows.

2. Go for a phone which will have bluetooth v3.0 for good transfer rates.

3. Buy an NFC enabled phone as it is said to be the future.:doublethumb:

4. Go for Samsung brand as it is coming with successful phone models and built quality.

PS- As for your camera, most brands camera gets better according to the price range :-D

kbar1

Journeyman
Any phone with minimum 5megapixels?
with Hdmi port,usb on the go?
I need suggestions:is 3D recording feature important?wouldn't it be good to have 3D recording feature?can passive 3D monitor display recorded 2D video into 3D?
O/s-Windows or Android which should i choose?
Budget-20k

3D is just another buzzword to suck people in. Recommend you not to buy such tech when its not widespread/cheap. AFAIK, only two (major) phones have the dual cameras necessary for 3D video recording: HTC EVO 3D and LG Optimus 3D. Neither of them are worth it.

OS depends on what you need: the ability to tweak to your hearts content, to change the OS to your requirements (Android), or use it as-it-is, for a straightforward experience (WP).

I say go for HTC Sensation (Android), or Nokia Lumia 800 (WP).

2. Go for a phone which will have bluetooth v3.0 for good transfer rates.

3. Buy an NFC enabled phone as it is said to be the future.:doublethumb:

4. Go for Samsung brand as it is coming with successful phone models and built quality.

2. BT 3.0 in itself is no good. 3.0 + HS certification is a must for faster transfer rates.

3. Nokia's pushing NFC like mad, SGS II has it as optional (I think), Sony Xperia S is supposed to have it, and there ends NFC in India :lol:. The main way NFC was intended to be used (as ID while paying) isn't implemented anywhere (correct me if wrong).

4. While Samsung's build quality is good, and the phones themselves are great, their fickle decision making and attitude towards customers concerns me. Case in point: Samsung Galaxy S was denied ICS (even though its perfectly capable of running it), then promised a value pack, then denied that too, then rolled back and assured the value pack. Not just Samsung, most manufacturers tend to forget you after you buy their phones... :neutral:

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
kbar1,what is the concept of NFC enabled handsets also:
The HTC Sensation phone you suggested me has Hdmi port,usb on the go capability?
Can this phone be upgraded to Android ICS?
Leaving 3D,can passive 3D Monitor display normal 1080p 2D video as 3D?(can it convert recorded 2D video to 3D?)

Aerrow

Journeyman
Dude... there is nothing called future proof... one year is the best you get from the top end phones nowadays... in that time, there is always a new phn which can do better and an app or game or tech which is nt supported by the phn u buy... if u want that, wait for the galaxy s3 if u r patient enuff... wud be good for abt 1.5 years....

kbar1

Journeyman
I had bought my N73 way back in 2007 , it has 3G , still haven't eer used 3G :D

Neither would I, if not for the glitch in Idea's network which allows you to pay for 2G packs and get HSDPA... :-D The "real" 3G packs' rates border on extortion...

kbar1,what is the concept of NFC enabled handsets also:
The HTC Sensation phone you suggested me has Hdmi port,usb on the go capability?
Can this phone be upgraded to Android ICS?
Leaving 3D,can passive 3D Monitor display normal 1080p 2D video as 3D?(can it convert recorded 2D video to 3D?)

This Engadget NFC primer will explain better: [engadget.com].

HDMI output is possible. You need a MHL-to-HDMI adaptor. No USB OTG though (Source: [thinkdigit.com]).

Official ICS is coming for the Sensation.

Not so sure about the 3D stuff.

Top Bottom