Need a Future proof mobile.

SahilAr

In the zone
As you all are aware about the launch of 4g,i need something that is future proof, at-least for 3-4 years.
I need a mobile phone which supports 4g and 5g.
The following is what i need with mobile:
Camera with flash light support(5-8megapixel or above will be fine)
HDMI Support
USB on the Go
O/S-Any will do
Budget-20-25k
Brand-Any will do(should not be a Chinese brand)
Please help me in selecting mobile.

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
5g doesn't exist?have a look:
5G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
5G Technology - What is 5G technology

sarthak

In the zone
5g doesn't exist?have a look:
5G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
5G Technology - What is 5G technology

Please read those websites properly first
5G (5th generation mobile networks or 5th generation wireless systems) is a name used in some research papers and projects to denote the next major phase of mobile telecommunications standards beyond the 4G/IMT-Advanced standards effective since 2011. At present, 5G is not a term officially used for any particular specification or in any official document yet made public by telecommunication companies or standardization bodies such as 3GPP, WiMAX Forum, or ITU-R. New standard releases beyond 4G are in progress by standardization bodies, but are at this time not considered as new mobile generations but under the 4G umbrella.

Were a 5G family of standards to be implemented, it would likely be around the year 2020, according to some sources

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@SahilAr, there is no such thing as future proof phone... Your 25k range phones available today are already outdated tech...

So, just buy a decent phone and use it for a couple of years before changing it... It is expendable... You won't even get a replacement battery after 2 years of usage...

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
@Sarthak,sorry,i didn't went through the whole article,just saw the term "5g" and got exicted :D
@Androidfan,
You won't even get a replacement battery after 2 years of usage...
couldn't got what you wanted to say..

aroraanant

Explorer
5G is not gonna arrive soon.
If you want 4G then iphone 4 or 4S is the one to opt for as there are no other 4G phones available in India.
And seriously you gonna use the phone for 3-4yrs coz any high end/multimedia phone don't perform the same after 2yrs, one needs to change it around 2-2.5yrs.
And as said by other members, there is no future proof phone, as these electronic gadgets and technology changes every other day.

aroraanant

Explorer
couldn't got what you wanted to say..
By that he meant that after 2 yrs even spare parts of a phone are hard to find, and the performance decrease and you still want to use that phone for more time then you have to get some parts change as some of the things will stop working or can say the performance will degrade a lot

sarthak

In the zone
@SahilAr he meant that mobiles (or any other tech for that matter) get outdated very fast. You buy great product today and a new model will come out in a few months that will be much better than that. And after a year or two unless you have bought a high-end model it would be blown away by new phones. And the expensive one too won't be comparable with the new ones.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want a good device then I can suggest you to get Samsung Note for 30k.
And even Sensation for 22-23k is a good option

OP
S

SahilAr

In the zone
If you want 4G then iphone 4 or 4S is the one to opt for as there are no other 4G phones available in India.
It's too costly:cry:
and i don't think so 4g is supported by iphone 4s.
is sensation available in India,as one member here told me there is "NO" 4g mobile available in India.
Does galaxy note supports 4g?I think no.

aroraanant

Explorer
Iphone support 4G and other than that there is no other phone in India which supports 4G.
And even Galaxy Note doesn't support 4G

sarthak

In the zone
@SahilAr You can buy a 4G phone from ebay but they generally work on the frequencies which the carrier provides. So we can't be sure if those phones will work in India or not. And also they come without any warranty, and can't be repaired in India.

aroraanant

Explorer
But I am wondering why you need a mobile that uses 4G, as 4G will come only in few cities,should say metro cities only and the prices are gonna be huge and it will take a long time to come in other cities and in your place it will take a long time to arrive.
One thing I would like to make it clear that we guys don't even use 3G properly these days, and you thinking for 4G thats strange

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
we don't have a proper 3G network,, why the hell you are worry about 4G and 5G.
You are easily going to be very happy with a 3G set for next 2-3 years in India.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
And seriously you gonna use the phone for 3-4yrs coz any high end/multimedia phone don't perform the same after 2yrs, one needs to change it around 2-2.5yrs.
And as said by other members, there is no future proof phone, as these electronic gadgets and technology changes every other day.

Iphone support 4G and other than that there is no other phone in India which supports 4G.
And even Galaxy Note doesn't support 4G

:duh2: :banghead: Common misconception.

iPhone 4 or 4s DOES NOT support 4g network. The "4" is the generation of the iPhone, "s" denotes speed in 4s.

@OP, grab an HTC Sensation for 24K or Samsung Galaxy S2 for about 27K. Your choice.

Top Bottom