NEED A CONFIGURATION FOR GAMING PC UNDER Rs 70k

Should I go For AMD Phenom II x6 or Core i7 930 ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
C

cyberdude.samar

Broken In
Proccy: AMD Phenom II X6 1090t <--- get this without 2nd thought.

Sure ! I Too Want That One Only .

Mobo: any 790GX/770 based mobo + get Sata 6Gbps card (when u need Sata 6Gbps & USB 3.0, than only buy). gigabyte got a few.
Wat about 890GXM-G65

GPU: MSI HD5870 ---> nice 1. but why MSI?
Written By Mistake - I am getting Sapphire HD5870

Cabby: CM690 II <--- NZXT M59.
Wats Max No. Of Fans For M59.

You Have Any Idea For How Much I can Bargain(Complete PC) @ Nehru Palace ??

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Wat about 890GXM-G65

a bit too costly. look out for 785G, 770, 790X or 790GX based mobos. with MOSFET cooling. 140W support. going for 790X or 790GX is useless unless u want CrossFire. so better stick to 770 or 785G.

heres few suggestions:

1. skip Asus. priced like mad & are buggy (nowadays). skip ECS (bad BIOS). 1st preference. Gigabyte & MSI. next DFI & AsRock (descent boards). last Biostar.

2. try get full ATX board. will help.

3. forget USB 3.0 & Sata 6Gbps for now. later buy a add on card. will cost 1-1.5k.

Wats Max No. Of Fans For M59.

5. 2 included. not need lot of fans. 2-3 enough.

Bro 1090t + HD5870 = Hell Out Of Budget :(

You Have Any Idea For How Much I can Bargain(Complete PC) @ Nehru Palace ??

sorry, but i not from Delhi. so no idea. however i'll say, get descent components but a bit cheap ones. i see not much use getting 890GX. it got SATA 6Gbps but asks for a premium like that.

OP
C

cyberdude.samar

Broken In
Do We Get Addon Card For SATA III 6Gbps also??

You Suggest The Best Mobo For Phenom2 X6 1090t with Easy OverClocking Features .

That Would Be Very Helpfull

Thanks Again For Your Time :)

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Wats The Price For NXZT M59 ??

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

+ Do i need a CPU cooler Too ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Do We Get Addon Card For SATA III 6Gbps also??

You Suggest The Best Mobo For Phenom2 X6 1090t

That Would Be Very Helpfull

Thanks Again For Your Time :)

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Wats The Price For NXZT M59 ??

surely we get. AsRock bundles Sata 6Gbps & USB 3.0 cards (yes both) with some selected mobos. maybe 790GX based (also do P55 & X58 for Intel). and still pricing is excellent.

well, my suggestion is Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4.3k (last option). or MSI 785GM E53 (full ATX). also DFI got a few, forgotten the names but are of excellent quality. if unable get anything good, get mobo based on AsRock. 785G based. with 3 way crossfire. will cost below 6k. 140w processor support.

M59 usually cost between 3.6-3.8k :smile: and is one of coolest cabby i seen below 4k. absolute VFM.

OP
C

cyberdude.samar

Broken In
Cabby Finalled @ Rs 4,400 [CM 690]

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Can We Trust Brands Like AsRock , DFI ?

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Wouldn't My 1090t Lack On Performance With Such MOBOs ??

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

I Need OC Genie Too On My Mobo !

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
+ Do i need a CPU cooler Too ?

the X6 run cooler than any other Phenom II proccy. even with it, u can OC it to 3.5Ghz.

ask asigh once about the CM 690 before finalizing. he own one & he'll surely ask u go M59 way. just send him a PM

yes. why not. AsRock a very good brand. don't go by names. about DFI, its one of oldest brands. and can be trusted eye close. just i don't trust ECS & Foxconn. Biostar to some extent can be trusted.

OP
C

cyberdude.samar

Broken In
no. who told they'll lack any performance. just OC capacity maybe different, rest everything will be same. you getting a discrete card. so mobo's IGP is also matters 0.

Wats IGP (integrated graphic potential??)

Wat DOes This Mean ? --> "mobo's IGP is also matters 0."

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Wats IGP (integrated graphic potential??)

Wat DOes This Mean ? --> "mobo's IGP is also matters 0."

IGP ---> integrated graphics.

i told matters 0 cause when u use a discrete card, the onboard graphics will be switched off. so u having IGP or not doesn't matters. so that shouldn't affect system performance.

currently i see only 1 advantage users will get by choosing 8 series over 7 series is 8 series comes with A-Link III (a bridge or lane connecting south bridge to north bridge). a link III got double the bandwidth than that of A-Link II (present in 7 series boards). still reduction in performance shouldn't be any high.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Asigh, one question to you.

I am using a Zebronics Platinum 700W PSU priced @ 3.1k now in Kolkata. It has 70% efficiency and can deliver 35A current to the single 12 V rail. You know my config I think, still using it with Phenom II 955 oced @ 3.6 GHz and HD 5770 1 GB (XFX). I need to know if that PSU is sufficient or not for my rig. Secondly very soon I am going for a HD 5850. So will it be sufficient that time also?

The HD5850 will push your power requirements to another league. And since you are OC'ing too, better not to use that PSU. Just see the pricing -- 700W @ 3.1K. Compare that to leaders like Corsair/Tagan/Silverstone/CM. I doubt the 12V rail will hold up. You are getting an expensive VGA, mate it with a good PSU. Honest answer.

Wouldn't My 1090t Lack On Performance With Such MOBOs ??
I Need OC Genie Too On My Mobo !

AsRock, DFI are decent. You will not face any lack. OC Genie is MSI. And it is the crappiest software I ever saw. Never OC from the desktop. I never used it. Rest is your choice.

ask asigh once about the CM 690 before finalizing. he own one & he'll surely ask u go M59 way. just send him a PM

yes. why not. AsRock a very good brand. don't go by names. about DFI, its one of oldest brands. and can be trusted eye close. just i don't trust ECS & Foxconn. Biostar to some extent can be trusted.

M59 and CM690n are both mid-towers. Hardly a world of difference. Get the cheaper, or what looks best to your eyes. ECS has good nForce boards, and Foxconn is a good OEM company. See their Foxcon Bloodrage series. Awesome boards, on the lines of ASUS ROG series. Red total. Love them. They have great OC features.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The HD5850 will push your power requirements to another league. And since you are OC'ing too, better not to use that PSU. Just see the pricing -- 700W @ 3.1K. Compare that to leaders like Corsair/Tagan/Silverstone/CM. I doubt the 12V rail will hold up. You are getting an expensive VGA, mate it with a good PSU. Honest answer.

currently for ~3.1k, Seasonic 430W available. Zebroncs selling the extra 270W for free? at the expense of bad internal components.

M59 and CM690n are both mid-towers. Hardly a world of difference. Get the cheaper, or what looks best to your eyes. ECS has good nForce boards, and Foxconn is a good OEM company. See their Foxcon Bloodrage series. Awesome boards, on the lines of ASUS ROG series. Red total. Love them. They have great OC features.

never heard about Bloodrage series. yes i know Foxonn is OEM but they having such good series. WOW. where they hidden this series? under their bed i suppose :grin:

Krow

Crowman
Cilus should sell off that PSU and get the Seasonic S12II Bronze 520W @ 4.1k. Wonderful power supply for the price.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
never heard about Bloodrage series. yes i know Foxonn is OEM but they having such good series. WOW. where they hidden this series? under their bed i suppose :grin:

Check them out here.

Not hidden, just that they do not retail in India. Not saying they are the best, but are not bad either. Love the colors. Similar to RoG.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Cilus should sell off that PSU and get the Seasonic S12II Bronze 520W @ 4.1k. Wonderful power supply for the price.

Thanks for your suggestion Krow. Asigh, Krow, Sam.Shab and all the others, Please suggest me a good PSU, but not more than 4.5k.
My possible upgrades are HD 5850 and Phenom II X6.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Check them out here.

Not hidden, just that they do not retail in India. Not saying they are the best, but are not bad either. Love the colors. Similar to RoG.

actually not seen any advertisement. nor in any forum or review site or NewEgg. so have no idea that Foxconn got a lineup that can give Asus ROG a good run. anyway thanks for the info :smile:

Thanks for your suggestion Krow. Asigh, Krow, Sam.Shab and all the others, Please suggest me a good PSU, but not more than 4.5k.
My possible upgrades are HD 5850 and Phenom II X6.

minimum is Corsair VX550 (needed to power the HD5850).

OFFTOPIC: Cilus bro, what future does your XFX HD5770 have?

OP
C

cyberdude.samar

Broken In
Sorry Guyz - Pc buying postponed for 10 Days - Courtesy My F***iN Exams :|

Will Be Back After Exams.

Will Not Be Replying To This Thread Till Then :(

Bye

Sa[M]aR

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is a high chance, I'll be selling it. But I have a thought in the furthest corner of my mind. If can arrange some money, then after some time will post the Crossfire result of HD 5770 and HD 5850.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
There is a high chance, I'll be selling it. But I have a thought in the furthest corner of my mind. If can arrange some money, then after some time will post the Crossfire result of HD 5770 and HD 5850.

can it be done? Crossfire of two different GPU'd cards?

Cilus

laborare est orare
That is the magic of Cross-firing. For this you only need cards from same Series. So most of the 5 series card can be crossfired together, except the low end cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom