NEED A CONFIGURATION FOR GAMING PC UNDER Rs 70k

Should I go For AMD Phenom II x6 or Core i7 930 ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
That is the magic of Cross-firing. For this you only need cards from same Series. So most of the 5 series card can be crossfired together, except the low end cards.

Oh WOW. never knew this possible too. but i know placing lucid hydra chip in the mobo will let a graphics card crossfire with a human also. maybe :grin:

Piyush

Lanaya
Oh WOW. never knew this possible too. but i know placing lucid hydra chip in the mobo will let a graphics card crossfire with a human also. maybe :grin:
:lol::lol::lol:

@clius
wow....i never knew that too
please do post the performance results after that
it will be nice if u could submit ur own benchmark results for all the 3 tests
1 5770
2 5850
3 both

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for your suggestion Krow. Asigh, Krow, Sam.Shab and all the others, Please suggest me a good PSU, but not more than 4.5k.
My possible upgrades are HD 5850 and Phenom II X6.

A Corsair VX550 will fit in tha budget just right. You might be shy a few hundred bucks. Keep this minimal.

can it be done? Crossfire of two different GPU'd cards?

Yes, you can. But they strain should be the same.

Hey Guyz...
check out this.

Not much. Seems like overpriced Alien ware set up.

They are testing memory using, Memtest -- big deal. Any they are testing total system strain using OCCT and Prime95. All do that. Heck I do it every week, when I change stuff on my system (OC, Drivers, voltages)

And they are shipping like this:
*img189.imageshack.us/img189/9636/digitalstorm.jpg

The HSF is mounted during transit. The weight of the HSF will cause huge temperance on the motherboard during transfer of the chassis, could cause a snap or bowing. Extreme strain on the motherboard.

Though the cabling is real dandy.

Lucid Hydra needs the driver to be compatible to the game. Profile has to be there.

pulsar_swift

Youngling
Cilus should sell off that PSU and get the Seasonic S12II Bronze 520W @ 4.1k. Wonderful power supply for the price.

Now i ask the same question.

S12II Bronze 520W& Corsair VX 550 ? which one is better.

S12II Bronze 520W & CM GX 550W ? which one is better.

prime abgb has listed Seasonic S12II 500W Bronze @ Rs. 5,245.00
CORSAIR VX 550W @ Rs 4850 and CM GX 550W@ Rs 4300

Going by the prices ?????

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Now i ask the same question.

S12II Bronze 520W& Corsair VX 550 ? which one is better.

S12II Bronze 520W & CM GX 550W ? which one is better.

prime abgb has listed Seasonic S12II 500W Bronze @ Rs. 5,245.00

in 2nd comparison, surely the Seasonic one. can't say anything about first comparison. both should be just same.

Yes, you can. But they strain should be the same.

so the faster will be clocked down to match the slower card's rate?

Lucid Hydra needs the driver to be compatible to the game. Profile has to be there.

same as AMD drivers used with HD4850X2 & HD4870X2 (correct me if i talking nonsense). if game not listed in driver, only single GPU will be used.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
sam, check the prices in my previous post

yes i checked buddy. i think both Seasonic & Corsair falls in same group. so choosing the cheapest is way to go. also with Corsair 5yrs warranty. but why Seasonic priced so much more, i have no idea. also i'll take the cooler master unit at 500W, even if it says 550W (considering the price).

rajan1311

Padawan
Asigh, one question to you.

I am using a Zebronics Platinum 700W PSU priced @ 3.1k now in Kolkata. It has 70% efficiency and can deliver 35A current to the single 12 V rail. You know my config I think, still using it with Phenom II 955 oced @ 3.6 GHz and HD 5770 1 GB (XFX). I need to know if that PSU is sufficient or not for my rig. Secondly very soon I am going for a HD 5850. So will it be sufficient that time also?

See dude, its pretty simple.

First off all, you PSU is not truly going to provide anywhere near 700W. Its got 35A on the single 12V rail (i assume you dont have multiple rails),you will get some 35x12 = 420W, so think of it as a 450W PSU rather than a 700W and plan your system accordingly.

It may somehow be fine with a 5850, but i would suggest that you run your processor at stock speeds as you dont gain much from that OC, also try to undervolt it to be even safer. All this is assuming that the actual quality of the PSU is good and not crap.

About efficiency, its 70% efficiency, which means that if your system (Proccy,GPU,HDD,etc) draw 300W from the PSU, your PSU will draw some 430W from the wall socket. So, apart from the obvious reason of lower actual power consumption, what is the advantage of high efficiency PSUs ? Well, this extra 130W that you are loosing is being dissipated as Heat. So, higher efficiency PSUs will run cooler and hence are more reliable at higher loads. If you draw 400W from your PSU, you will generate 170W of heat, which can make it go kaput very easily. But then your system will never use above 250W so its not so bad...

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

in 2nd comparison, surely the Seasonic one. can't say anything about first comparison. both should be just same.

Why the seasonic ? The GX series is good quality too, its cheaper too right?

pulsar_swift

Youngling
yes i checked buddy. i think both Seasonic & Corsair falls in same group. so choosing the cheapest is way to go. also with Corsair 5yrs warranty. but why Seasonic priced so much more, i have no idea. also i'll take the cooler master unit at 500W, even if it says 550W (considering the price).

ya me too contemplating on CM GX 550W. I will add a HD 5770 to my current config

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
If you draw 400W from your PSU, you will generate 170W of heat, which can make it go kaput very easily.

+1. rightly told. also the capacitors & the transformer used inside, man its too bad quality. once in a review involving FSP, Gigabyte, Antec & 2-3 sub par US brands, the whole PSU was opened & analysed. if i get the link, i'll be sure post it here. very detailed analysis & reason why most local PSU are bad.

Why the seasonic ? The GX series is good quality too, its cheaper too right?

its new in market. lets see it for few months before saying its tough enough to take on Corsair.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
seasonic is not a new player. infact the much acclaimed corsair VX450 is manufactured by Seasonic, they are the OEMs for many powersupply brands. it's just recently that they have started to market their own brand of PSUs. the seasonic 520W is the best in class. even probably better than corsair vx550 as the vx550 is manufactured by a diff. OEM (i forgot name.. CMT or something). both corsair and seasonic have 5yr warranty.

_

rajan1311

Padawan
seasonic is not a new player. infact the much acclaimed corsair VX450 is manufactured by Seasonic, they are the OEMs for many powersupply brands. it's just recently that they have started to market their own brand of PSUs. the seasonic 520W is the best in class. even probably better than corsair vx550 as the vx550 is manufactured by a diff. OEM (i forgot name.. CMT or something). both corsair and seasonic have 5yr warranty.

_

we all know that dude, just asking why GX series is not "trusted" as yet/rather not recommened despite having a lower cost.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
^^^well I don't know about cooler master GX series. it is new. the older series were also not that famous. a review unit bursted buring benchmarking at anandtech or tomshardware site :D

@sam
the oem details here are reliable I think *forums.hexus.net/1624441-post17.html

btw yes, it's 3 yrs warranty acc. to this dealer *www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/seasonic-power-supplies-full-range-166027.html
but a reviewer says, though it is printed as 3yr warranty, seasonic has updated it to 5yrs it seems *www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=185 (see the sticker on the first image)

_

Last edited:
OP
C

cyberdude.samar

Broken In
Final Rig . . . No Chages Will Be Entertained . . . Thank You !

Proccy: AMD Phenom II X6 1090t 3.2Ghz [Rs 14,500]
Mobo: MSI 890GXM-G65 [Rs 7,350]
GPU: MSI HD5870 [Rs 22,300]
RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws 4GB kit (2x2GB) CL7 1333Mhz DDR3 [Rs 7,550]
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB [Rs 5,000]
ODD: LG 22x DVD-Writer [Rs 1,100]
Monitor: BenQ 24" G2420 Full HD LCD [Rs 11,300]
Cabby: CM 690 (with side panel) [Rs 4,400]
PSU : CM GX650 [Rs 5,500]

P.S. - Ready To Entertain Recoomendations If There Are Shitty Things In My Config.

+ Everything Final Just Mobo not confirmed .

Mobo - 790GX or 890GX [Just 500 bucks diff.]

+ do i need a CPU cooler like CM hyper 212 Plus [Rs 1.8k]

+ do i need extra fans?

+ how much will a decent UPS cost?

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Wats a Modular PSU?

Is It Better than Standard ones ?

Should I Get A CM Real Power M620 ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Great configuration buddy. Congrats in advance for would be owner of such a rig. don't for get to post pictures once u get those things.

Its really kool config and no need to change it. Just one suggestion: You can also go for the FSP Epsilon 80PLUS 700W. I just read a fantastic article from Toms Hardware. where they mentioned an estimated power requirement for all the ATI cards. Check it yourself. its plain and simple, no jargon. For HD 5870, recommended 42 Amps on the 12 volt rail for single card and 63 Amps for Crossfire.
Now the FSP one is having 4 12V rails, each having 18A. So the total is 72A. I think now extra 500 bucks is justified as you can even go for Crossfire.

rajan1311

Padawan
[/URL]yourself. its plain and simple, no jargon. For HD 5870, recommended 42 Amps on the 12 volt rail for single card and 63 Amps for Crossfire.
Now the FSP one is having 4 12V rails, each having 18A. So the total is 72A. I think now extra 500 bucks is justified as you can even go for Crossfire.

arey bhai, you cant add up amps like that !

I have not seen its specifications, but it am guessing it can give 53A odd....he ain't going cfire anytime soon :p

Piyush

Lanaya
Great configuration buddy. Congrats in advance for would be owner of such a rig. don't for get to post pictures once u get those things.

Its really kool config and no need to change it. Just one suggestion: You can also go for the FSP Epsilon 80PLUS 700W. I just read a fantastic article from Toms Hardware. where they mentioned an estimated power requirement for all the ATI cards. Check it yourself. its plain and simple, no jargon. For HD 5870, recommended 42 Amps on the 12 volt rail for single card and 63 Amps for Crossfire.
nice link bro...bookmarked
and wots the price of PSU you just mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom