dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
All SE phones have two microphones and are capable of stereo recording. Its been from the C902. :)

The Aino records in VGA and all corresponding models will do the same or higher. Racheal should be able to do HD.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Satio is capable of hd .. But we cant underestimate nokia .. they may come out with a phone with full hd ..1920 x 1080 .. u never know what is cooking close under the wraps in these companies..

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Satio is capable. But i would rather have better battery life and a solid phone with snappy UI than one with an overload of imaging. About Nokia, dunno, but the latest SE do have the hardware to carry out anything. is there anything better than a snapdragon? Beats me..

Tamoghno

Padawan
Satio is capable of hd .. But we cant underestimate nokia .. they may come out with a phone with full hd ..1920 x 1080 .. u never know what is cooking close under the wraps in these companies..

I also believe nokia is holding their next true flagship for a new OS/UI , maybe we may see big jump with maemo devices coming later this year . Maemo have been recently upgraded to support telephony and upto 12mpix camera . Also next maemo device will be based on omap3430 and will sport a HUGELY different UI .

Nokia always had lagged behind others at first and then stormed the market with superior product , remember the first wave of success samsung enjoyed in cameraphone and se enjoyed in musicphone. Hope the history repeats itself.

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
But the thing is that , in 3 mp case they were pretty much on time with N73

In 5 mp case they were first i think with N95 and then came with Xenon equipped N82

But now with 8mp they are year behind samsung and seem like they wont make this mistake again and will come up with 12mp sooner than later ..

Also i would like to say something about lack of xenon flash in N86 - though i would have loved to see xenon flash in N86 , but its dual led flash with variable aperature lense can be compared to N82 xenon upto 2.5-3 meters .. more than that N82 xenon wins but then in those situations u would better be with ur digicam than cameraphone. Hence lack of xenon is not a very big factor in N86. U can use those leds for video recording and they are very bright and very handy in low light situations..

And this N86 seems to be built like tank .. Yesterday i kept it on my car's dashboard while listening to music via fm transmitter. During a sharp turn, it had a hard fall on car's floor and i thought that something could have been broken.. but hey, nothing happened and its rock solid as before ..

Last edited:
OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Just today checked the price of samsung innov8 8gb , and its still at 35k .. who is going to buy that when N86 is to be had for 23.5k only ..

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Found one interesting thing on nokia india site.

Visit it and try to locate N85. Its not there. Seems like nokia has taken it off the Indian market due to build quality problems. If true then its good now that, N86 is there to fill the gap :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am damn sure that n86 is the replacement for n85...same price bracket with better build and better cam..
N85 was bound to go:grin:

Tamoghno

Padawan
Lets hope n85 follow the steps of n82 and become crazy cheap at < 15k . He he. ;-)

Btw , so any other improvement with newer firmware ?

Tamoghno

Padawan
I am damn sure that n86 is the replacement for n85...same price bracket with better build and better cam..
N85 was bound to go:grin:

N85 was not THAT bad , yes it was a bit too costly in india , but if you had a well built unit it would be a great all rounder device .

Anyway , who needs n85 now that n86 is available at same price !

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
N96 is a flop show for nokia. No wonder its being pulled off the market. N85 too deserve its fate. N82 , N78 and N79 are excellent handsets and no idea why nokia is taking them off the market .N79 can be had for 13.9 k and that's great vfm..

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
N85 was not THAT bad , yes it was a bit too costly in india , but if you had a well built unit it would be a great all rounder device .

Anyway , who needs n85 now that n86 is available at same price !

I am pretty sure that well built unit would go kaput in a few months..

Tamoghno

Padawan
Just bumped into another great real world review of the N86 . This girl also upgraded from n82 to n86 and look at the sample picture !

*www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p=12822864&postcount=933

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Found one interesting thing on nokia india site.

Visit it and try to locate N85. Its not there. Seems like nokia has taken it off the Indian market due to build quality problems. If true then its good now that, N86 is there to fill the gap :)

A lot of old Nokia phones have been taken off the site. N95, N82, N78, E51, E90, even 5320 XpressMusic. :|

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@yogi

Hope you wont mind if i share your n82 vs N86 taken with w810i picture in that thread .

no prob.. And N86 does produce better results than N82.

And guess what , the biggest drawback of N86 as fas as i am concerned is not lack of xenon but those crappy speakers .. why nokia cant put those awesome N73 speakers on these new models..

Last edited:
Top Bottom