My hunt for new multimedia device

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
For video conversion (of my DVD's to Xvid). Haven't tried WMP11 yet as I did drag-and-drop for music.

Let me try WMP11 now for audio as It's much more easier to use.

Thanks for reminding :)

I do hope that my device will work in Device Stage.

@Krazzy, what do you think are best presets (BBE, mach, stereo enhancer etc) for cowon D2?

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Jet Audio is good as it comes bundled & is the legit way but it depends on which player you like. I just like the way WMP11/12 works in Windows. Cowon D2 surely supports MTP so syncing with WMP should not be a problem. Also, you can have a look at TMPGEnc Xpress for your video conversion needs.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ I normally use TMPGEnc whenever I had to convert videos or to extract audio from video.

The advantage that I am having with Jet Audio here is that I can just select "covert for Cowon D2" and it takes care of everything and it ripped a dvd to 450MB when I selected normal quality (without me changing doing any encoding settings)

Yes, D2 will definitely work with WMP11.

:)

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Jet Audio is good as it comes bundled & is the legit way but it depends on which player you like. I just like the way WMP11/12 works in Windows. Cowon D2 surely supports MTP so syncing with WMP should not be a problem. Also, you can have a look at TMPGEnc Xpress for your video conversion needs.

I am facing a minor trouble here. In WMP11, I have added my entire music collection but if an album has 6 songs and each song has different album artist name, these six songs are listed as six different albums. Any way to put them as one??

*img240.imageshack.us/img240/2262/41322027ty0.th.jpg

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The HTC Touch HD is indeed a be all end all phone specification wise & the Touch Flo 3D UI is also really easy to use. How much does it costs & how is the 5 MP Camera is has? Is it better then Nokia N79 or N82 or at least similar in quality.

It costs 42k and has a very good camera, on par with the N79 but not as good as the N82.

@Krazzy, what do you think are best presets (BBE, mach, stereo enhancer etc) for cowon D2?

Use any combination that you like. I preferred to set BBE at 2 and Mach3Bass at 4 with MP enhance and 3D sound switched off.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I am facing a minor trouble here. In WMP11, I have added my entire music collection but if an album has 6 songs and each song has different album artist name, these six songs are listed as six different albums. Any way to put them as one??

Select 5 of these songs & drag it on the 6th song either in list view or in Icon view. In Icon view you will see 6 albums with 6 singers. Drag 5 of them to the 6th one & WMP11 will ask whether it should move to a new album or not.

It costs 42k

No thanks. I can buy a Nokia N79 & Acer Aspire One in that money :D

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@ desiibond, do you know telugu???

yeap. Am from a town that became famous after one chiru's movie ;)

Select 5 of these songs & drag it on the 6th song either in list view or in Icon view. In Icon view you will see 6 albums with 6 singers. Drag 5 of them to the 6th one & WMP11 will ask whether it should move to a new album or not.

great thanks. will check this once I reach home.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Update : Go to icon view of sorting by Album. You will see 6 albums with 6 singers, now drag 5 of them to the 6th one & WMP11 will merge them together in one album

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
Hii,, desibond,,,im also planning to get a D2 for myself, but before buying i want to ask u some questions..plz help
1. how is the quality of the stock headphones provided with the D2. is there a need to upgrade?
2. for how much did u got the 4gb model? is there a 2gb version available?
3. If my budget is 8-9k..then is the cowon the final choice for the best sound quality?
thanx in advance..

Coool

I'm Back!:D
Hii,, desibond,,,im also planning to get a D2 for myself, but before buying i want to ask u some questions..plz help
1. how is the quality of the stock headphones provided with the D2. is there a need to upgrade?
3. If my budget is 8-9k..then is the cowon the final choice for the best sound quality?
thanx in advance..

1, if u want to enjoy high quality muzik then, u have to upgrade...

2, leaving it for u desiibond:D

3, yes.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I have been using in-ear quality headphones (Sony MDR-EX32LP) for about a year and I felt that cowon stock earphones are really really really pathetic.

not sure about 2gig model. Paid 8.6k for 4Gig and along with it bought 8Gb SDHC card for 1.2k and total was around 9.8k

If you are not much inclined towards touch screen, you can get Creativer Zen 8Gb for some 7k and it has the same features that Cowon D2 has (except the heavy audio customization)

Update : Go to icon view of sorting by Album. You will see 6 albums with 6 singers, now drag 5 of them to the 6th one & WMP11 will merge them together in one album

Absolutely spot on. Awesome!!! Thanks a thousand ton :)

Last edited:
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^You are wrong!!!

not better, it's LOT LOT BETTER :)

Have been playing with this a lot and boy oh boy, I can get audio outpue exactly how I want it to. If I want loads of bass, I increase Mach2bass. If I want loads of clear audio, I reduce bass and increase BBE. :)

There is lot to play with this. I have not yet started installing Flash games, audiobooks, podcasts :)

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Here's my review:

Part 1: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1045295#post1045295
Part 2: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1045296#post1045296

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom