Musicians Corner V1: Cover Band Edition

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Nice . BTW do you learn entire song or just the riff section :D .

Almost 10 month of guitar playing , and i am getting good progress . Learned all open chord , slash chord , barre chord , Power chord , minor and major scale . Now focusing on alternate picking and solo .
Just the riff. Song is mostly chords strums after that.

Yeah, the more you practice with variety of stuff the better you get. And the variety keeps you from getting bored of monotony.

I am getting better at fingerstyle stuff.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Nice . BTW do you learn entire song or just the riff section :D .

Almost 10 month of guitar playing , and i am getting good progress . Learned all open chord , slash chord , barre chord , Power chord , minor and major scale . Now focusing on alternate picking and solo .
Thanks for letting me know the slash chord :D i thought it was Slash's chord like the Hendrix chord

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Wow. You looking for practice amp or stage amp? In 30k you can get a good high power solid state amp head plus cabinet. Still I think your budget is too high for a single room practice amp.

If you really want to burn that much on a practice amp, then get a Laney Cub 12R 15W full tube amp with 12'' Celestion Rocket speakers. Price is around 27k, but its completely vanilla other than the tubes.

But I'd suggest you get something like Roland Cube for appx 10-15k. That should be more than enough plus it has in built effects, so you don't have to invest extra to build your signal chain.

axes2t2

I am a cat
Wow. You looking for practice amp or stage amp? In 30k you can get a good high power solid state amp head plus cabinet. Still I think your budget is too high for a single room practice amp.

If you really want to burn that much on a practice amp, then get a Laney Cub 12R 15W full tube amp with 12'' Celestion Rocket speakers. Price is around 27k, but its completely vanilla other than the tubes.

But I'd suggest you get something like Roland Cube for appx 10-15k. That should be more than enough plus it has in built effects, so you don't have to invest extra to build your signal chain.
The problem with those solid state amps is that you can only use 1 effect at a time.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I meant if you don't have the footswitch.

Which Solid state amp do you have in mind which lets play with multiple effects ?

What took you so long to reply XD jk I would suggest to spend as much as you have to get a good amp so that you dont need to upgrade it....doesnt mean you need to shell in much there are vfm options.And also check for the artists that you like and the amps theyre using etc..for just practice the Roland Cube suggested by Desmond is good enough...

I just have this guitar now.After having entry level ones for long, this one feels more like a real guitar XD
*s16.postimg.org/a9ymvh9et/image.jpg
Its PRS se custom 24 FR :cool:

And this cheap headphone amp.
*s29.postimg.org/grb9cx35j/image.jpg
So im basically saving for a nice amp so that i can experiment with it and find the tone i want and when i hit the stage :cool: i dont need to change da old one..So if you have the money just pull da triggerz !

Last edited:

axes2t2

I am a cat
The perfect amp for me would be Marshall DSL5c.But it will be too early for me to buy that.

Thinking of getting Laney Cub 10 because I don't want to waste time playing with effects on the amp.Maybe I will add a overdrive or distortion pedal.I will be sorted as far as amps go.

Also can't see your pics :p

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The perfect amp for me would be Marshall DSL5c.But it will be too early for me to buy that.

Thinking of getting Laney Cub 10 because I don't want to waste time playing with effects on the amp.Maybe I will add a overdrive or distortion pedal.I will be sorted as far as amps go.

Also can't see your pics :p

The Cub 10 already has distortion and drive. Configurable by increasing the gain. There is no delay or reverb though, so you might want to get pedals for that but these are not mandatory effects. You really don't need extra overdrive or distortion pedals unless you are not getting enough drive from your amp or if you are looking for a very particular sound.

- - - Updated - - -

What took you so long to reply XD jk I would suggest to spend as much as you have to get a good amp so that you dont need to upgrade it....doesnt mean you need to shell in much there are vfm options.And also check for the artists that you like and the amps theyre using etc..for just practice the Roland Cube suggested by Desmond is good enough...

I just have this guitar now.After having entry level ones for long, this one feels more like a real guitar XD
*s16.postimg.org/a9ymvh9et/image.jpg
Its PRS se custom 24 FR :cool:

And this cheap headphone amp.
*s29.postimg.org/grb9cx35j/image.jpg
So im basically saving for a nice amp so that i can experiment with it and find the tone i want and when i hit the stage :cool: i dont need to change da old one..So if you have the money just pull da triggerz !

Cool guitar bro. Give a sound sample if you can.

Damages?

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
The Cub 10 already has distortion and drive. Configurable by increasing the gain. There is no delay or reverb though, so you might want to get pedals for that but these are not mandatory effects. You really don't need extra overdrive or distortion pedals unless you are not getting enough drive from your amp or if you are looking for a very particular sound.

- - - Updated - - -

Cool guitar bro. Give a sound sample if you can.

Damages?

sure ill upload one sample.Bought it used around $650

Top Bottom