Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I liked Dark Knight not to that extent though that I will give anything abouve 7.5. Any movie specially super heros which emphasise greatly on characterisation is really loved by hollywood. That makes the experience more believable. I dont know why this movie reminded me of v for vendetta. Both had the same feel....for me atleast. I liked v for vendetta bit more than the dark knight.
I personally haven't seen V For Vendetta so can't comment.But if you really look at Batman's character in general then he isn't really a superhero.He is human just like us, yet very extraordinary due to his way in fighting crime against evil.He is a man who has conquered his fear & used to it defend Gotham City.If you haven't seen the older generation Batman Franchise then you won't realise how pathetic they were in contrast to Nolan's Batman movies.Nolan had actually gone to the depths to explore his(Batman's) character, his origins, his confrontation with his fears, death of his parents, his relation with Alfred & his girlfriend Rachel & stuff like that.

What sets this movie apart from the earlier Batman movies is it's character portrayal which was done in a splendid way.Batman Begins had brought out the true batman side.The Dark Knight just fused the more darker & gruesome edge which was required via Joker's role.All of the character's had their own story to tell.The focus being more on Ledger's character as Joker was truly magnificent.No one can deny that.His facial expressions & his creepy maniac style was unbelievable.I was a bit disappointed with Bale's voice as Batman this time round.It seemed to heavy & forced upon.The rest of the crew had their own share.With Caine being splendid as Alfred & Freeman the ever so supportive tech person for Bruce.Another highlight must be Aaron Eckhart's role as Harvery Dent/Two Face.I never saw it coming & was pleasantly surprised with his role as Two Face.

I rated it an honest 10/10 as I am not a Batman fanboy per se but this movie was that darn good.I wouldn't say it's anywhere near to the cinematic marvel of T2, Gladiator, American History X, Shawshank Redemption & the likes but yes it has definitely made it's mark.:D

Pathik

Google Bot
^ Batman is the only true hero. Any1 can fight criminals after being bitten by a radioactive spider or if he gets powers from the sun.
Add to that Nolan, Ledger, Bale, Aaron and you get a topper on IMDB.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^you forgot our desi hero
Super Commando Dhruva
shame on u :rolleyes:
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Commando_Dhruva

I got inspired for science after reading his comics.:grin:
hoping to see a movie on him. He isnt uber rich or a hero in disguise. Everyone knows him.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
.Nolan had actually gone to the depths to explore his(Batman's) character, his origins, his confrontation with his fears, death of his parents, his relation with Alfred & his girlfriend Rachel & stuff like that.

What sets this movie apart from the earlier Batman movies is it's character portrayal which was done in a splendid way.Batman Begins had brought out the true batman side.The Dark Knight just fused the more darker & gruesome edge which was required via Joker's role.All of the character's had their own story to tell.

Very True.....thats is what I ment in short when I said "Any movie specially super heros which emphasise greatly on characterisation is really loved by hollywood." Your explanation actually reflects my conviction. Every character was detailed and had a sense of existance and I fully agree with the way Joker was presented, very creepy psychotic.

Even Batman yes I agree is a human. I actually asked my brother who has seen the entire cartoon series of batman and he actually explained me the Batman histroy. I am very tempted to see Batman Begins now.
In that sense even the protagonist in V for Vendetta is just a human but acts like a saviour and enfolds a very plolitical conspiracy. May be that is why I felt both had the same feel. You gotta watch V for vendetta as well.

When is WALL-E realising BTW..??

jal_desai

In the zone
Knocked-Up (2007)

Starring: Seth Rogen, Katherine Heigl, Paul Rudd, Leslie Mann

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Drama

Hilariously romantic movie.. however i recommend to watch it with earfones coz it has umpteen amount of words which u dont want ur mommy to listen... :D

Overall rating: 7.5

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Even Batman yes I agree is a human. I actually asked my brother who has seen the entire cartoon series of batman and he actually explained me the Batman histroy. I am very tempted to see Batman Begins now.
In that sense even the protagonist in V for Vendetta is just a human but acts like a saviour and enfolds a very plolitical conspiracy. May be that is why I felt both had the same feel. You gotta watch V for vendetta as well.
Begins was actually the foundation & Dark Knight carried it on from there.I wasn't a very huge follower of Batman myself but after watching Batman Begins it really made me realise there was much more to this hero than just all his Batmobiles & fancy antagonists.Which is why you can understand why all the hype was builded over this movie.If movies are really taken seriously then they can be crafted in a beautiful manner.Take for example, Spiderman 2.The reason it still remains my favourite Spiderman movie till date was because it was not made in a cheesy way but it had all the elements to make it a perfect movie.I haven't got V For Vendetta yet but let me dig deeper into my movie collection & may be I'll find something.BTW that's a DC comic character too if I am not mistaken right?

When is WALL-E realising BTW..??
The posters were up in Adlabs when I went to see TDK but didn't have a proper release date.Methinks somewhere in the next 2 weeks.Looking forward to that as well.:D

bbalegere

Broken In
AA DINAGALU (KANNADA)
A very good movie.
Must watch for those who can understand Kannada.
Search on veoh.com for the movie.

ajaybc

Youngling
Today I watched 4 movies in a stretch.

Bourn Identity,Bourne Supremacy,Bourne Ultimatum and Batman Begins.

And just one word for all these movies:AWESOME

Rahim

Married!
^Good to see you are seeing good movies once again!!!

Once Upeon A Time In The West
See it and get to know where the theme and the opening scenes were inspired for Sholay!!

My Rating: 8.5/10.
Just watch when you are not in a rush.....

Top Bottom