Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Bird Box 5/10

For all the hype around it, Bird Box is a very formulaic piece of cinema.
The strongest part for me was the little girl's acting.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

harry10

Gadgets freak
Bird Box 5/10

For all the hype around it, Bird Box is a very formulaic piece of cinema.
The strongest part for me was the little girl's acting.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
I was bored. Too many cliches and not enough explanations for things happening.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Bumblebee (2018) - 8/10
Its the 2nd best Transformers movie after the 1st Transformers, good story, SFX, action and watching it in IMAX was brilliant experience.

Babusmoshai Bandookbaaz (2017) - 7.5/10
Another great acting by Nawazuddin, 1st half is average but the movie takes pace after interval.
Excellent ending also :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Good past year for Bollywood movies

Tumbbad - Surprisingly good
Stree - Well written script.
Andhadhun
Badhai Ho
Patakha

Rajkumar Rao and Ayushman Khurana, both are picking good movies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sui-Dhaaga 5/10

Cheesy and full of over the top scenes.
Varun Dawan alone shines and invests in his character. Rest are forgettable.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Uri: 6/10.

Inaccurate pieces were a big turn down. Few of the instances:
1) Guns of army soldiers running on silenced mode without actual silencers (big lol)
2) Vicky Kaushal's wrist computer with full touch screen. Indian army doesn't have anything like that.
3) Noob Pakistan army. The pakistani chopper couldn't even shot a single one in the bunch of soldiers running on foot just below them in straight line. In actual, they would have got killed in 5 seconds.
4) Jokes of 2000's SMS era.
5) Flawless GPS working even in caves (I hardly believe current gen. soldiers have GPS fitted to any of their devices, but I might be wrong).

I understand "bollywood tadka", but always hated it. This movie didn't need any of that tadka. For me, "Rang de basanti" is the best patriotic movie Bollywood has to offer till date.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Uri: 6/10.

Inaccurate pieces were a big turn down. Few of the instances:
1) Guns of army soldiers running on silenced mode without actual silencers (big lol)
2) Vicky Kaushal's wrist computer with full touch screen. Indian army doesn't have anything like that.
3) Noob Pakistan army. The pakistani chopper couldn't even shot a single one in the bunch of soldiers running on foot just below them in straight line. In actual, they would have got killed in 5 seconds.
4) Jokes of 2000's SMS era.
5) Flawless GPS working even in caves (I hardly believe current gen. soldiers have GPS fitted to any of their devices, but I might be wrong).

I understand "bollywood tadka", but always hated it. This movie didn't need any of that tadka. For me, "Rang de basanti" is the best patriotic movie Bollywood has to offer till date.

Fully agree with the review ...... for me the best war movie India made has to be the super underrated Lakshay

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Wheelman.... wow a b grade move with a graded result ... I just popped in this one on Netflix. coz I had nothing better to do . and boy I had a joy ride. The plot is simple, A racer turned getaway driver for a bank robbery realizes he has been double-crossed and races to find out who betrayed him. ..................This is a B grade movie only coz of not a huge Hollywood budget and production value but nails it in direction and especially in cinematography, superb camera angles, and tight spot shots make the ride not only interesting but also thrilling. The script could have been tighter, but overall this was a nice thriller ... 6.8/10 for this one.

Top Bottom