Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Flash

Lost in speed
BirdBox - 8/10

A Nice sci-fi thriller set in an apocalyptic world. If you've liked "A Quiet Place" movie, you will like this too.

It's somewhat exactly like "The Happening" by M. Night Shyamalan, except that other worldly entities substituted for Plant toxins.

There are certain things which doesn't seem realistic like rowing a boat on river rapids blindfolded, finding the 'boy/girl' blindfolded when the boat was turned upside down in rapids. Though i liked the movie, they haven't clearly explained on how the other worldly entities arrived on earth, how seeing them can make/force the people to commit suicide. If birds can sense the entities when the entities or entity-influenced-persons nearby, why can't animals? Its logical to have a dog (like I am legend movie) in the apocalyptic situation as a trusty companion sensing the entities, than the birds.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Zero (No IMDB link, you know what movie I'm talking about, don't you?)

Watched last saturday.

After a long time someone tried to explore the 'acting' side of SRK but with a non-existent script!
High point of the movie is (obvuously SRK and ) the "Mere Naam Tu" song picturization!
Just awesome!

(Once you've seen the song, you can come out of theater and you'd come out in happy note)
where is your rating ? it is your fav actor btw ;)

Zangetsu

John Wick Duology - 8/10

Excellent Fight & Gun-Fu choreography with gripping story-line. In my opinion, they should've ended with the 1st part itself, as it provided a closure to the John wick's life, unlike chapter-2. Very well amazed by Reaves's handling of Guns in action scenes.
Some popular action heroes ;)
Denzel Washington
Bruce Willis
Jason Stathom
Liam Neeson

ashs1

Padawan
Zero (No IMDB link, you know what movie I'm talking about, don't you?)

Watched last saturday.

After a long time someone tried to explore the 'acting' side of SRK but with a non-existent script!
High point of the movie is (obvuously SRK and ) the "Mere Naam Tu" song picturization!
Just awesome!

(Once you've seen the song, you can come out of theater and you'd come out in happy note)
agreed! The first half was ok with some chuckles here and there..but the second half was absolute rubbish ! Did not expect this from Aanand L Rai..Better save some money. 3.5/10

Saw Simba yesterday..typical Rohit Shetty masala mass movie..As trailer suggested, story is set in the Singham universe..so expect similar treatment. Female lead didn't have much role to play. 5.5/10

Anyone seen KGF : chapter 1 ??

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Bird Box 5/10

For all the hype around it, Bird Box is a very formulaic piece of cinema.
The strongest part for me was the little girl's acting.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

harry10

Gadgets freak
Bird Box 5/10

For all the hype around it, Bird Box is a very formulaic piece of cinema.
The strongest part for me was the little girl's acting.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
I was bored. Too many cliches and not enough explanations for things happening.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

Zangetsu

Bumblebee (2018) - 8/10
Its the 2nd best Transformers movie after the 1st Transformers, good story, SFX, action and watching it in IMAX was brilliant experience.

Babusmoshai Bandookbaaz (2017) - 7.5/10
Another great acting by Nawazuddin, 1st half is average but the movie takes pace after interval.
Excellent ending also :)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Good past year for Bollywood movies

Tumbbad - Surprisingly good
Stree - Well written script.
Andhadhun
Badhai Ho
Patakha

Rajkumar Rao and Ayushman Khurana, both are picking good movies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Top Bottom