Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone else think below rating is not correct. I Am sure there are better movies than uri.

Hindustan Times: Vicky Kaushal’s Uri is second Hindi film on IMDb’s list of top Indian films after Amitabh Bachchan’s....
Vicky Kaushal’s Uri is second Hindi film on IMDb’s list of top Indian films after Amitabh Bachchan’s Anand

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone else think below rating is not correct. I Am sure there are better movies than uri.

Hindustan Times: Vicky Kaushal’s Uri is second Hindi film on IMDb’s list of top Indian films after Amitabh Bachchan’s....
Vicky Kaushal’s Uri is second Hindi film on IMDb’s list of top Indian films after Amitabh Bachchan’s Anand

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Who cares! With time, more votes would add with lower ratings(may be). That'll normalize it.

b/w Watched "Gully Boy" again last night.
Wanted to check if I missed anything in last viewing (but, really really wanted to watch it again!)

Only observation. Length, first half could be shorter. A bit trimming here and there. 10 mins less there would be good.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Alita : Battle Angel (2019) - 8.5/10
Awesome!!! The FX, Sound, Plot, Cinematography & Action were just mind blowing.
Its a love story too :)
Those who have enjoyed Avatar in 3D would love this too....and watching in IMAX 3D was a pleasurable experience.

Highly recommended!!

The End credits song from Dua Lipa :wub:

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Manmarziyaan - First half was fun. Initially found the second half slow. Liked it. Later the songs grew on me. A week later watched it again and loved it. Anurag Kashyap + Amit Trivedi cannot go wrong. Vicky, Tapsee, Abhishek all are good. Songs made more sense after watching the movie. Movie made more sense after knowing the songs! Not sure why the movie didn't do well. That pre interval scene was touchy.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I must admit one thing, 2 weeks past since Gully Boy released and it impacted me a different way.
I've been listening to Indian RAP songs these 14 days.

Previous to this, consciously avoided RAP (be it in any language).

May be more than money, acting or anything else, this is the win of the movie. Making non-fans like me to draw to RAP.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I must admit one thing, 2 weeks past since Gully Boy released and it impacted me a different way.
I've been listening to Indian RAP songs these 14 days.

Previous to this, consciously avoided RAP (be it in any language).

May be more than money, acting or anything else, this is the win of the movie. Making non-fans like me to draw to RAP.
Eminem,Jay-Z, T-pain are waiting for you

TheSloth

The Slowest One
T pain? I have heard few of his songs, and all of them were auto tuned. I don't know how he will sound in his actual voice. He had produced some good songs though.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Eminem,Jay-Z, T-pain are waiting for you
Eminem, I've heard the popular numbers but did not understand most of them.
Main issue is, their RAP is very fast and catching and understanding the song in one go (runtime execution :p ) is difficult.
This was main reason to avoid them at first place.

Anyway, let me explore my desi rappers till I gather enough courage to take a dive in the sea of veterans.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Captain Marvel 6/10
More of the same from Marvel. Cool action scenes, a joke inserted at the end of every serious scene.
Brie Larson is cool though and the scenes where Captain Marvel shows off her powers are awesome.

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

icebags

Technomancer
Captain Marvel
Tells stories, keeps things connected. Good enough and fun to watch. End credits are must see also. Stick to your seat and refuse to leave, even if guard wants to pull you out.

However, I wanted a bit more of Marvel catch up stories, but they zipped it up in those few seconds, I think. May be she will just dive straight into action in the next movie.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Captain Marvel 6/10

A female superhero movie without a feminine touch. The whole movie, she sported a constipated look and that bothered me. It's not that she was fighting the whole movie, there were plenty of dialogs, like a lot of it.

I'll say, an underwhelming superhero movie (irrespective of the gender of the superhero here)

Top Bottom