Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
5 to 7- writing about it again. Completed watching it. Easily one of the most beautiful movies I have watched till date. Such a complicated relationship handled so well by the director! Highly recommended. Sad the director has directed only one film.

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Will give one fine day a try.. But 5 to 7 is much much different and quite unique in a way...

Even i thought 13 days was a clone of Black Hawk Down. BHD was certainly more intriguing.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Shivaay trailer is out. Looks quite polished for a bollywood action movie. Directed by Ajay Devghan himself! WOuld be interesting to watch.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I sometimes really, wonder (and no disrespect, trust me :))) is if you even pay attention to the dialogues in the context in which they are spoken . Drama Genre (specifically dealing with complex human emotions is definately not for you I can bet on that). Just read few review and discuession threads on Demolition, you might understand, what I am talking about.
I would always prefer if you put own words when making such comments rather pointing me to some random discussions.

I watched the movie, obviously not on your recommendation but on my own. I explained what I felt on watching the movie.
I found no point in the movie...it's beautifully made and well acted but makes no point.
Focuses on life of Davis post his wife's death but ends the movie even before completing the topic. I did not get a closure from this movie.
These are the questions I've after this movie...you are welcome to answer only if you do not post links to third party sites!

1>He was let off from his job. How's he handling his expenses?
2>Is he going to join the demolition crew?
3>Is he going to open his own demolition company?
4>Has he gone mad?
5>Is he going to traumatize kids on sea shore by running with them and to them?
6>Karen? What happens to her?
7>Is he going to go back to Karen, ever?
8>The kid. Is he going to continue meeting with the kid?
9>He's in the movie at least of 35-38 yrs old. What is he going to do with rest of his life?
10>Is he going to commit suicide?

Traffic 6/10

Starts from a looong way back then connects the dots. Took good pace and creates nice thrilling atmosphere during main story. Then again dragged post conflict resolution.
One time watch.

Murder in the first 8/10

Then there are times when Sam actually recommends good movie which I enjoy. That is rare but not impossible.
"Murder in the first" happens to be one such good movie which I thoroughly enjoyed. More specially as it falls in court-room drama genre.

Kevin Bacon and Christian Slater are the two pillars of this movie.
A powerful story with good acting along with good screenplay. What more can anyone ask?

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
Suicide squad anyone??
Going next week. Mixed reviews and reaction. Anyhow going to watch this one.
Mixed reactions from movie fans, critics, comic lovers, dc fans, marvel fans.
Yes, mixed reviews though but good to watch. I guess its a big movie, they just want to make it short so the editor did his best to spoil it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Went for Suicide Squad yesterday. It was better than BvS and I liked it.

Deadshot was my favorite followed by Diablo.

Joker was underutilized and the movie could've been just fine without him.

Liked Flash's cameo more than Batman's :lol:

Still can't figure out how Amanda Waller didn't die

There is one mid-credits scene.

Bruce Wayne gets the data about metahumans from Waller.

amjath

Human Spambot

Liked Flash's cameo more than Batman's

media hyped about Jared leto as joker, but this movie about squad were joker was not included. So IMO joker's runtime is justified.

Its a big movie, but they need to trim down the runtime so that explains why critics didn't like the movie. Yes the movie bit choppy but it's a cool movie

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

A

amit.tiger12

Liked Flash's cameo more than Batman's

Credits after movie??

Last two post suggest is big movie. So they will include extra scenes, extended, editor's cut, in Blu-ray?? Like BvS??

icebags

Technomancer
Anybody saw Bourne movie ?

yes, forgot to review it, here you go :

Jason Bourne -6.8/10

fans should see it, other may skip it. movie is full of car chasing stunts, with an ok progression of the story line. nothing too fancy has happened, except may be, old people retiring an new people debuting. you will basically know where this movie will be going most of the time.

another thing is, some people look younger than their characters, while opposite is true as well.

it's ok. just enjoy the long chase sequences.

p.s. saw a trailer, where they casting matt damon in a chinese fantasy film. felt horrible. :vomit_NF:

Last edited:
Top Bottom