Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

vito scalleta

In the zone
???

I liked the first two movies.

Even with bad reviews I thought giving it a chance but now....now, I'm having doubts.

if u wanted to watch a superhero movie then u will certainly be disappointed..
if the second part turns out to be awesome u can then watch this part just to understand what happened.. ( spoiler: nothing much happened)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Watched Psycho 1960 - 7.5/10 - I guess it must have been pretty shocking for the people of that time. A gripping story and good acting.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Melancholia - First half was dragged. Second was quite gripping.

Another Earth - Certainly found it better than Melancholia. I am a fan of Brit Marlings after Another Earth and I Origins. Wish we'd see her more.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Perfect Sense - 7/10 - It's a beautiful movie. Story is more about the two main characters. Liked the setting in Scotland. Last scene was pretty cool. I have seen it somewhere else before too. One can use it as one of the movie making idea. Pretty cool.

Next up Melancholia, and after that Frequencies.

Niilesh

Padawan
Perfect Sense - 7/10 - It's a beautiful movie. Story is more about the two main characters. Liked the setting in Scotland. Last scene was pretty cool. I have seen it somewhere else before too. One can use it as one of the movie making idea. Pretty cool.

Yeah perfect sense was a pretty good movie, but if i remember correctly they
never lose the sense of touch in that movie which bugged me.

a_medico

Chillum Baba

Glad someone watched it! Hidden gem for me this movie is. This movie lingers long time after you have watched it. Yes, last scene is stunning and beautifully shot. If I'd be a director, I'd like to remake this movie.

By the same director - Tonight you are mine (Alternate name 'You Instead') is also offbeat and good.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah perfect sense was a pretty good movie, but if i remember correctly they
never lose the sense of touch in that movie which bugged me.

Maybe thats how the virus acts. Or maybe touch is later - after vision.

Niilesh

Padawan
Se7en(1995) - 9/10
Re-watched it after a long time. Must watch movie.

The Best Offer(2013) - 8/10

A Brilliant Young Mind(2014)- 7.5/10
Interesting movie

Frequency(2000)- 6.5/10
Not quite good as i expected

- - - Updated - - -

Glad someone watched it! Hidden gem for me this movie is. This movie lingers long time after you have watched it. Yes, last scene is stunning and beautifully shot. If I'd be a director, I'd like to remake this movie.

By the same director - Tonight you are mine (Alternate name 'You Instead') is also offbeat and good.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe thats how the virus acts. Or maybe touch is later - after vision.
Yeah that's what i thought but still disappointing. But that ending was gold.
This reminds me of another movie although they have nothing in common
Peaceful Warrior (2006) - 8.5/10

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Where Eagles Dare (1969) - 10/10

Plot Summary:Allied agents stage a daring raid on a castle where the Nazis are holding an American General prisoner... but that's not all that's really going on.

vito scalleta

In the zone
Indru Netru Naalai 7/10

Kollywoods decent take on time travel.. good entertainment without complications..

Thani oruvan 9/10

for me this movie scored on all fronts.. a must watch tamil flick..

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Watched Frequencies, reserving my opinion of it until I watch Primer.

But it reminded me of Pontypool movie.

Top Bottom