Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Hunterrr - Very hilarious. I wish the movie got more recognition. Hidden gem. Would like to see more movies from the director.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
McFarland, USA
good one, goes right for the feels.

Turkey Shoot (the new one)
has some shocking and sick moments, and is mind-bogglingly lame

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Paper Planes

(I'll add Imdb link later)
This could be the most immature and disgusting movie ever.
Full of bad cliché.

Well, they tried very hard to make it a feel-good movie and they succeeded in it.

Watch it just to know why I called it disgusting.

4.5/10 may be.

Last edited:
X+Y(a brilliant young mind) deserves a good 7.5/10.
A boy with autism suffers to understand love. I have nothing to say. Great acting and a good change from all the action I have been watching for a few months now.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
The 'Transporter' Series didn't need to be rebooted; skip this one if you want. But if you like most action movies then give it a try.

The Transporter Refueled (2015) 6/10
PG-13 | 96 min | Action, Crime, Thriller | 4 September 2015 (USA)
No one can replace Jason Statham as Frank Martin !

ajayritik

Technomancer
Thani Oruvan directed by Mohan Raja opens with the statement saying that the story is not as horrifying as reality. Raja further gives a slight skew to the age old saying on friendship and proclaims –
"Tell me about your enemy and I will tell you who you are".

Thani Oruvan is a classified thriller which is new to Tamil cinema. The whole team deserves a pat on their back for pulling off a new age cinema while keeping all the commercial elements intact.

Main Content (Bug-Scene) of story inspired by I Saw the Devil (2010)

Thani Oruvan (2015) 7/10
U | 160 min | Action, Thriller | 28 August 2015 (India)

Bro you watched this in theater?

ankush28

Bazinga
District 9 (2009) 10/10

Not your typical sci-fi thriller! Aliens are being forced to live amongst 'humanity'.
You'll definitely shed some tears at end.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Its worth to watch...Who likes...Malèna (2000)

Hunterrr (2015) 6.5/10
A | 141 min | Comedy, Romance | 20 March 2015 (India)

It's not right to compare Malena to this.
Malena was deep and handled vey beautifully.
Hunterrr....well was lighthearted and doesn't try to prove a point.

Comparing to Malena, Hunterrr seems cheap!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Watched few movies over last week

Primer - 7.5/10 - It's not overly complex but bad cuts and sub par audio quality makes it look obfuscated.

The Gift (Cate Blanchett) - 6.5/10 - It what I would say inspired lot other movies. For its time it managed to impress me with the camera work. Scare factor held on its own.

The Client (Korean) - 6.8/10 - It's a movie which fits the textbook definition of thriller. Nothing poor and nothing remarkable. A good one to watch if you are craving for some courtroom drama with twists. Same formula, but works.

Locke - Entire movie is shot in a car. Not rating because I don't seem to make up my mind. It's like I hate it for some reasons and then love it too.

Most hard hitting is "A Girl at My Door". 8/10 overall but that's one story which will hit you hard and stick with you.

Top Bottom