Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Fury: 6.9/10

Acting was superb. Sounds were terrific.

But. I dont know.. i felt something missing. can put a finger on that. :|

the dialogues were a bit difficult to understand. will watch again with subs when the BluRay releases. :D

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The Hundred-Foot Journey - Lovely food movie. It's from the director of Hachi, Chocolat, and Salmon fishing in Yemen. I found it alright and enjoyable but the westerners are finding it to be a movie with a soul and what not. Of course they are comparing it with various Superheros movies. Actress was beautiful. The movies has it's drawbacks, noticeable to Indians especially, but overall an enjoyable experience.

quan chi

mortal kombat
The Hundred-Foot Journey - Lovely food movie. It's from the director of Hachi, Chocolat, and Salmon fishing in Yemen. I found it alright and enjoyable but the westerners are finding it to be a movie with a soul and what not. Of course they are comparing it with various Superheros movies. Actress was beautiful. The movies has it's drawbacks, noticeable to Indians especially, but overall an enjoyable experience.

It had been criticized badly too by some reviewers.
Btw have you seen this "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Let's Be Cops (2014) - IMDb - 7/10
Gave me some good laughs. surprisingly well done. kinda like 21 Jump Street

nac

Aspiring Novelist
IMDB sensor ratings are different now. From US to British... Did they move their HQ to UK or what?

ajayritik

Technomancer
@ allu azad and others need suggestions on good tamil movies, ideally the ones that released in 2014. Preferably entertainers.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Gone Girl - 5.5/10

My ratings for this might be biased. I went in expecting a realistic movie about relationship between a married couple & a crime.
But it went too over the top for my expectations.

I'll probably want to see this movie again & re-evaluate.

icebags

Technomancer
Gone Girl - 5.5/10

My ratings for this might be biased. I went in expecting a realistic movie about relationship between a married couple & a crime.
But it went too over the top for my expectations.

I'll probably want to see this movie again & re-evaluate.

yes, that rating is surprisingly low, re-evaluation is a must. :|

quan chi

mortal kombat
The Rainman
Tom cruse acted well in some movies & this is one of them. Wonderful acting by the two leads especially hoffamn.
In case if you have watched the movie carefully & got what it wants to say then it good. Otherwise if you got confused like me then this is the best answer. What is the moral in the movie rain man
That answer justifies the entire movie & most importantly the ending.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Leon The Professional : 7.3/10 .. Natalie Portman was awesome.

yes, that rating is surprisingly low, re-evaluation is a must. :|

I'm sure I'm not spending 300 on it again, so may be in 6 months or so ...

I don't know if there's something more to the story than what we see on screen, That I'd like to know.

Right now this is my least favorite among the nine David Fincher movies I've seen so far along with Alien 3

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Changeling (1980) - IMDb - nice horror movie but could have been a little more scarier. 6/10.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
The Station Agent - 6.5/10
One of the best movie I watched this year. I liked both the characters Fin and Joe. A MUST WATCH for those who like drama.

Top Bottom