Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quan chi

mortal kombat
Million dollar arm
This movie can be interpreted differently on the basis of psychological, political & philosophical aspects. However the psycological part in this movie is more important.
Its a good one time watchable movie.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Some interesting reading on the Warrens website about the doll.
I've not watched the "Annabelle" movie yet but I think this is the real life story told by the Warrens so not sure if you should read it before watching the movie.

www.warrens.net/Annabelle

*www.warrens.net/Animations/skull.gif

ithehappy

Human Spambot
The November Man

I liked it. Saw it for Brosnan only, and the rest of the package wasn't too shabby either. A lot of Americans are butthurt :lol:

6.5/10

ajayritik

Technomancer
So, you do things only for your gf? Ever heard of something called friendship? Leave it. Your maturity is already showing.

I think I went a little far by commenting about Friend etc. But that doesn't give you liberty to comment on whether I'm mature or not.
As a Teen I remember watching all most all Akshay Kumar Movies because my friend was his fan. I didn't like most of them.
So you better don't teach me about friendship.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
I thought I was only one to like that film. :)

It has its flaws but I liked the first one Naan pretty much. Anyone who haven't seen first part wouldn't understand the character that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Jigarthanda - 9.5/10

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jigarthanda

Pretty good one :)

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Haider - 9/10

OMG! This is a masterpiece , the acting is just brilliant.The Screenplay everything has been done perfectly , the "ACT" done by Shahid in the last 60 minutes was just flawless.The movie threw light on the militant issues in Kashmir, during the movie you will get restless.
I Don't understand why did the film makers din't promote this movie, this movie is 100 times better than Bang bang.

Anyway none of my family members liked it :lol: they were cursing the movie all the way back home

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Haider - 9/10

OMG! This is a masterpiece , the acting is just brilliant.The Screenplay everything has been done perfectly , the "ACT" done by Shahid in the last 60 minutes was just flawless.The movie threw light on the militant issues in Kashmir, during the movie you will get restless.
I Don't understand why did the film makers din't promote this movie, this movie is 100 times better than Bang bang.

Anyway none of my family members liked it :lol: they were cursing the movie all the way back home

You see that the craving minds will find their way to the movies without much publicity. For all others, there is rampant advertising to grab their attention span.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Sometimes this guy give good reviews.:D
Bang bang

I don't understand why he praises katrina. Maybe he was paid. whatever apart from that rest is quite good.

Haider (I have not seen haider)
From my past vishal bharadwaj experience I think he is somewhat right. His movies are unnecessarily dragged too much & sometimes feels pretentious.
Please note that he is not saying the movie is crap. He is blaming the editing department. Anyways the guys who have seen haider here may comment better on this.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Haider - 8/10 - To the point !!

Movies should be made like this. Damn serious, but gripping.

Best thing in this movie, for me, was Shahid Kapoor's acting and background music. Irrfan Khan was classic as always. Infact, every character portrayed their role very well.

However, I didn't understand that how is this movie based on Hamlet (as the theme of the movie was altogether different) ? Can someone throw some light here ?

For those who have watched, please answer this-

When army raided the village in starting, how was that masked man able to identify the culprits ? What was his basis ?

- - - Updated - - -

Haider (I have not seen haider)
From my past vishal bharadwaj experience I think he is somewhat right. His movies are unnecessarily dragged too much & sometimes feels pretentious.
Please note that he is not saying the movie is crap. He is blaming the editing department. Anyways the guys who have seen haider here may comment better on this.

He is a chutiya, period.

People's obsession with finishing anything as fast as possible like t20 seems evident in his video. I agree that the film is slow but it is supposed to be made like that. The targeted viewers are not from the bang bang or kick bandwagon; this is the thing this idiot is not able to understand.

quan chi

mortal kombat
He is a chutiya, period.

People's obsession with finishing anything as fast as possible like t20 seems evident in his video. I agree that the film is slow but it is supposed to made like that. The targeted viewers are not from the bang bang or kick bandwagon; this is the thing this idiot is not able to understand.
That he is.:D But as I said sometimes he gives good reviews. He also criticized kick.:D
Hmmm... I have to see haider then.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Haider

I didn't like omkara but haider proved to be different. I think there was in fact some editing/direction problems the two songs (not the stage drama song) were totally not important. This should have saved some time. The film crawls in the second half but no the interest never fades. It will make you sit till the end.

It is recommended that you should have a little knowledge about hamlet too to enjoy this movie completely. Otherwise I think you might overlook the brilliance of this movie. It really takes some skills to convert the same story from one format to another. Moreover another highlight of this film is its dialogues.

Except for the transistor scene (seemed a bit fake) shahid kapoor did well in other areas. Infact all the characters in haider are interesting to watch.Also pankaj kumar's cinematography is awesome!

In short haider is a must watch. Unfortunately idiot public prefers movies like bang bang more.

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
In short haider is a must watch. Unfortunately idiot public prefers movies like bang bang more.

If Krish3 was not enough now we have Bang Bang. I don't know what Hritik is doing with his talent. Anyways I will have to watch Bang Bang first and then make this conclusion but since I didn't enjoy the English one I'm sure this one would be one dumb version.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Watched Paranormal Activity 4 & Marked Ones.

They have really low ratings on imdb, but I liked them still. Not as good as 1 & 3 for me but still I thought they build the tension well & never during the movie I was bored.
That said "Marked Ones" is the one I like the least among all 5.

Top Bottom