Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^Sorry no offense.Please do some research yourself. Somethings cannot be explained in few sentences & I don't want to discuss it again moreover this thread is not appropriate for that.:)

I did googl, but didn't find any useful article than, "Indiana Jones" movie. Lol. Anyway, forget it. This thread is not meant for such discussion perhaps.

Anyway, so I watched these movies today:

Mary Com: Was interesting to watch Priyanka Chopra to take on a yet different role. I think she justified her. Of course they couldn't have taken out the glamor for obvious reasons (read attracting Bollywood fans). The character development was there and the transformation of Mary Com was visible. A lot happened in first half and although it happened fast, I think it was just at the right pace. Second half was a bit predictable and dare I say cliche. Although The flashback mode of the film felt unnecessary and poorly executed. I like Manipur. Had a couple of good friends in my college from there. And I respect the people from Eastern part of our country. So the magic of Manipur which was present in the film, the landscape, the dialect, even the Manipuri dance at one instance, all made me enjoy the movie even more.

All being said, there's so much you can show about a personality who is still in her Prime, and I feel a lot of feathers is to be added in the cap of success of Mary Com. I would wish for a remake of the film on Mary Com after say a couple of decade, when full story can be unfolded in all its glory.

One thing is for sure. The ending where National Anthem was played and viewers were said to stand to pay respect to the anthem, made me chuckle. Not on the way movie requested explicitly to do that, but the way people followed it. The guy on my front seat was very reluctant to stand, but he eventually had to along with the crowd who although lazily but did stood up. Nice way to get out the Patriotism from today's generation. :D

Hunger Games 2: I liked the first part of the Hunger Games. It was a good execution of a concept that embraces our "entertainment appetite" from reality shows like Big Boss/Brother. So I had a high expectation from 2nd part. Someone on this forum said he hated the movie. I agree on his comment a bit, but also give kudos for Hollywood for a good try.
Hunger Games 2 failed to spark the fire which was present in the previous part as with almost every sequel that is made in recent times. But something tells me it all was due to the ending. Without ruining it for those who haven't watched "Hunger Games", I would just like to say that the end was not a proper ending. The 2nd part just laid the foundation for the 3rd which I would wait for now impatiently.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Hunger Games 2: I liked the first part of the Hunger Games. It was a good execution of a concept that embraces our "entertainment appetite" from reality shows like Big Boss/Brother. So I had a high expectation from 2nd part. Someone on this forum said he hated the movie. I agree on his comment a bit, but also give kudos for Hollywood for a good try.
Hunger Games 2 failed to spark the fire which was present in the previous part as with almost every sequel that is made in recent times. But something tells me it all was due to the ending. Without ruining it for those who haven't watched "Hunger Games", I would just like to say that the end was not a proper ending. The 2nd part just laid the foundation for the 3rd which I would wait for now impatiently.

You should read the books as then you get a more clear idea of the story

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You should read the books as then you get a more clear idea of the story

I read some discussions about the Hunger Games 2 on Imdb. And many agree that the books are great. They also said that the 2nd part is more closer to the books, which doesn't happen too often in movie industry. I would like to read the books if I ever get time. Meanwhile I have suggestions from Imdb on more movies similar to Hunger Games that are on my watchlist:

1. Battle Royal: Many believe Hunger Games was a ripoff of this Japanese film. Some believe that is not the case. I would like to see this.
2. Azumi: Another Japanese.
3. The Running Man: Some see this film as a cult classic from Schwarzenegger. I call it another Sci Fi from Schwarzenegger! Can I miss this?!
4. House of 9: Imdb rating is low. Still premise is interesting.
5. Rollerball : Watching Sci Fi from a period before I was born is always interesting! :p I should warn that the sequel to Rollerball which came after Y2K is trash. (As read in reviews).
6. The Tournament: Not a Sci Fi. Still going to watch this, based of the premise.

Saved best for Last:
7. Future Diary: (original title: Mirai Nikki) - Japanese Anime. And with a rating above 8. This should be a real gem. But this a series, not movie (sorry for offtopic). Good. Since it would going to be a riot!

To Be Released:
X. The Maze Runner: This is due to release next week. And I am not going to miss this. (God, just don't bring this in 3D).

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Battle Royale is cool movie. But funny too with gratuitous dismemberment and over the top acting.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Edge of Tomorrow

Brilliant movie. I usually hate all these alien craps, but this one was just awesome. A hybrid of Source Code and Looper, I think.

8/10

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Edge of Tomorrow- The movie is all its hyped up to be. There were so many things which were not clear on first watch. However i scouted imdb boards to fill in the blanks left in my head by the complicated screenplay. I really like movies which make me think and wonder 8/10.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Coherence

Make sure you have a beer or something, cause after watching this you should need one. Jeez!

Can't rate it with any number, but do recommend it highly. The only think I found kinda awkward was the presentation of it, but maybe the usual way would be unusual for this.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
is there any way to watch(rent ) these movies legally for a low price ?

something like netflix in india but with latest movies ?

i know we can use netflix by VPN but isn't there any decent service launched in india yet ?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^youtube is costly
Watch Online - BoxTV: Watch Movies Online, Watch TV Shows Online
BIGFlix - Watch Movies Online | Hindi Movies | Tamil Movies | Telugu Movies | Malayalam| Download Movies | Bollywood on Demand across PC, Mobile, iPad, iPhone and Android

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Was watching Batman Begins
there is a scene where Batman has to take Fox's antidote and administer it to Rachel
so Batman grabs the antidote and "glides" to the tumbler. It's not even 2 seconds scene, but could not stop laughing.

Top Bottom