Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
What? but there is Akshay Kumar in there.... :p
btw on sunday I will watch it

I know, I really din't want to see this movie at all but my friend told me to come along, and I loved it :) It all about terrorism sleeping cells etc,.
Hope this movie is a hit, anyday better than "JOKER" "HOUSEFULL" crap

Flash

Lost in speed
Holiday 8/10

Guys do not miss this movie its just amazing. But this movie seriously din't need all those love shab crap and songs,Other than that its comedy and action packed.. one of the best 2014 bollywood movies
It's the remake of Vijay's Thuppaki, right?

- - - Updated - - -

What? but there is Akshay Kumar in there.... :p
btw on sunday I will watch it
Director Murugadoss said, he can't imagine another hero other than Akshay, as he is completely fit for a soldier role.

quan chi

mortal kombat
My Cousin Vinny 7.5/10

One little piece of great work on courtroom drama.
Told on a very light note and with great one liners.

Perfect movie to get remade in hindi with Arshad Warsi playing the role of "Gambini"

Check it out for sure!
Yep a must watch indeed thanks(to others too) for recommending it.:)
As far as the remake is concerned they may think of it in future. However it needs an intelligent (indian) script with some really witty dialogues.The whole situation needs to be changed. Even if they do It will be hard for business because if aditya chopra had made Dead poets society instead of Mohabbatein then it would have utterly flopped. No srk or amitabh would have saved it.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Edge of Tomorrow 5.8/10

Groundhog Day+Matrix+Mecha="Edge of tomorrow" and with this I've given you enough information of the movie.

icebags

Technomancer
Edge of Tomorrow 9/10

so amazing. deep. detailed. and intense throughout.

probably seen out the best action movie blockbuster on the summer. it was a good enough story, even though not all actions are explained, the picturisation was amazing, nicely sequenced. once anything happens u get to think out what happened before and what coming next. its like playing game, and learning through the failures, so nice.

tommy boy was perfect, so was emily blunt, and others were best at their job. i wonder how tom cruise is making such cool alien invasion movies these days...... must watch for all groundhog day / source code / timeloop movie fans.

:hyper:
watch and rewatch. again and again, like licking out the butterscotch icecream !

quan chi

mortal kombat
The Water Horse (2007)
Beautiful family entertainer. The direction & some other things could have been better however they can be easily overlooked.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Edge of Tomorrow 5.8/10

Groundhog Day+Matrix+Mecha="Edge of tomorrow" and with this I've given you enough information of the movie.
I think my comment here isn't clearly telling how I liked it.............its BAD movie.
Nothing new and an insult to Groundhog Day. The game like approach would appeal to only people who play/have played games but not to everyone.

why phil is not in this movie when Rita is? There is nothing original. I am going to put it soon in must not watch thread.
Must not...may be.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Europa Report - 7/10

A good "space mystery" movie. Especially the visuals that they made at a meagre budget was laudable.
However, towards the end you get the sense of deja vu that a sea monster is killing everyone and thats pretty much what happened

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
Hunger - 7.5/10

Based on a true story, the movie is kind of disturbing in a way but its good.
Michael Fassbender has a good choice of movies. Too bad he either dies or goes through a lot of pain in all 6-7 movies I saw him in.
I'm amazed the way these guys lose weight for movies (Christian Bale -The Machinist, Emile Hirsch - Into the Wild - both must watch movies too) & now I see him skinny.

Last edited:

icebags

Technomancer
why phil is not in this movie when Rita is? There is nothing original. I am going to put it soon in must not watch thread.

if u r expecting everything straight out copied from manga, then its not it. being a different kind of media, manga gets better chance to explore more characters and expressions, and can continue up to volumes. its not the case of a movie, i like the way the manga is made but i am also happy the way this movie was made. hope they will make some reasonably long anime from this manga someday.

if they do that, it will be awesome. :)

harsh1387

Broken In
Edge of Tomorrow
Really enjoyed it. Probably more than X-Men: DOFP.
If you have seen one of my favorite movie- 'Groundhog Day' then you can easily understand whats going on.
There are few loopholes and ending was quite predictable. I was looking for a twist which didn't come.
Tom cruise has given a very solid performance but the show stopper is Emily Blunt.
Very good mixture of humor and action.
Don't miss it.

Rating- 9/10

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
3 Days to kill 5.5/10

Its a boring movie. Felt like eternity has passed as the movie finished.
If you give it a miss, there is no problem in that.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Pacific Rim (2013) - 8/10
Excellent movie....nice to watch on BluRay
similar like Transformers...atleast here they don't transform :-D

Top Bottom