Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Source Code was even better ...... but again the execution of time loop was totaly different than EOT. I am pretty sure you have not given any thought to the details of
the time loop that happened, how or why different events occured ...... why the ending was the way it ended. From out side it just looks like the protagonist stuck in time loop and learning to to better every time he dies.

Dude, is it a rocket science to understand what was happening and why?
In each re-incarnation he learnt from his mistakes and applied the new knowledge to fix it. Exact similar to how checkpoint concept works for games. And, it is a time loop. If he dies, he just starts from the very point from where his day started.

There is more to this than just stuck in time loop. I am sorry if you did not get it/or probably just though to ignore it .... :)
Now, I'm very much interested to know what you want to mean by "more than time loop"?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Does it always have to be rocket science, not to be able to comprehend. .... and is that all you saw ...(it is a time loop. If he dies, he just starts from the very point from where his day started) ........anyway too bad you didnt see the way I (and many others for that matter) did ..... head over to IMDB forums for some solid discussion where you might come across what you missed ........ there is a reason its 8.2 with 37K+ votes .....

I already told what I got from the movie...twice. Why don't you tell me your version of the story?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Does it always have to be rocket science, not to be able to comprehend. .... and is that all you saw ...(it is a time loop. If he dies, he just starts from the very point from where his day started) ........anyway too bad you didnt see the way I (and many others for that matter) did ..... head over to IMDB forums for some solid discussion where you might come across what you missed ........ there is a reason its 8.2 with 37K+ votes .....

brother why would you even want to argue on a movie that you liked and some XYZ did not, its entirely subjective and somewhat intuitive too. You liked it, thats it man, I liked that movie too, my friend did not, i don't give a single F if he tries to convince me that its some mech-war+matrix+ source code porridge , his opinion, not mine .., its not, at least to me and may others :)

Same like i found Her a horrendous piece of shite , falling in love with an OS seemed like a script written while spending time on a constipated evening. But many liked it, it also has a imdb 8.2/10 rating :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Jack Ryan : Shadow Recruit 5/10

It took me three attempts to finish this. In previous two attempts I went to sleep within 20 minute in the movie.

Reasonable Doubt 5.5/10
The movie ended even before it could start properly. Can be avoided.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

I'm not sure what to rate this movie. The story is average, not a typical Ben Stiller comedy but I ended up liking this one very much.
May be its the cinematography or the background score or may be the simple execution of the story. Whatever it was, I liked this movie...

May be a 7/10 would be good for it.

Recommended!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Final Destination (2009) - IMDb - watch jsut for completing the series. There's nothing exciting about this title anymore. The first trio were best.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Can anyone watch and review this movie?
Absentia (2011) - IMDb

I'm not in a position to get this...so need ur help. The trailer looked interesting.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
brother why would you even want to argue on a movie that you liked and some XYZ did not, its entirely subjective and somewhat intuitive too. You liked it, thats it man, I liked that movie too, my friend did not, i don't give a single F if he tries to convince me that its some mech-war+matrix+ source code porridge , his opinion, not mine .., its not, at least to me and may others :)

Same like i found Her a horrendous piece of shite , falling in love with an OS seemed like a script written while spending time on a constipated evening.
But many liked it, it also has a imdb 8.2/10 rating :D

:lol:

Oh man you made my day. Had a hearty laugh after a long long time.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz

Same like i found Her a horrendous piece of shite , falling in love with an OS seemed like a script written while spending time on a constipated evening. But many liked it, it also has a imdb 8.2/10 rating :D

Can anyone watch and review this movie?
Absentia (2011) - IMDb

I'm not in a position to get this...so need ur help. The trailer looked interesting.

i liked it. the movie is a slow paced horror with a moody atmosphere. if you are into that, you'll enjoy it. id give it 6.5/10.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
The Possession (2012) - IMDb - Okay for a single time watch.

I also felt it was ok, but that was mainly due to the fact that these kinda movies have been done countless times. An esoteric object is possessed by a child which unleashes hell. Although well acted and the scares were okayish, the movie doesn't add anything new to the genre unlike say a 1408 or The cabin in the woods.

Top Bottom