Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Byzantium (2012) - slow pacing horror movie. The story nicely expressed throughout the entire movie though the ending could have been better.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
But the ending is stupid. All that horror build up and then when everything gets revealed it looks so cheesy.

TheFallenLord

Journeyman
The Spectacular Now (2013) - IMDb

A no-nonsense & not overdone romantic movie, The Spectacular Now is as real as it gets. Not for everyone though.

ashs1

Padawan
Shadi Ke Side Effects : 6/10.

Farhan & Vidya were excellent, but the plot seemed a bit weak.. First half was nice, funny..
If you like watching bloopers, stay until the end. They show the bloopers right after the Last song. :)

P.S :
is it just me or did vidya balan gain a bit too much weight ? :-O

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
~~~~~SPOILER ALERT~~~~~~
As far as the reactions go, Imtiaz Ali’s new film ‘Highway’ is more or less on the same track like his last film Rockstar – completely divided between lovers and haters. And like last time, Ali was quite open and candid to discuss the strength and every weakness of the film, and took it all head on. We love and respect those filmmakers who are open to such dialogues. So thanks a lot, Imtiaz Ali. Whatever film you make, hope you remain like this.

The film got over by 12:15 or so, and then the discussion went on till 2:30 am, and then it went on for some more time outside the theatre. It was great fun. Hope you guys enjoy the videos as much as we enjoyed the live session. Some questions might not be audible, so do use your headphones or speakers.

VOTD : Q & A with Imtiaz Ali on ‘Highway’ | F.i.g.h.t C.l.u.b

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
American Hustle: Don't know what to say. I really had high expectations, but it kinda failed to impress me! Solo performances were great, CB, BC, JL and all, but when put together it kinda felt dumb! Whatever...

6.5/10

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meet the Parents (2000) - pretty funny movie and Ben Stiller carried his character well. Deserves 6.5 / 10. Worth a watch.

Top Bottom