Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Eh maghadheera has stars playing fugadi, so full marks to gravity on that count
Sure, the series of events leading to her rescue are impossible, sure space has no explosions and you cant hear radio louder the closer you get to it. Still, it was perhaps the most realistic space movie since odyssey

Anyone noticed 2013 had a lot of cinematic face decapitations?
Minor Spoilers abt riddik, elysium and the world's end
In Riddik, the bounty hunter's face is chopped in half
In Elysium, the agents face is blown to smithereens
In The World's End King crushes his robot version face
Sure there are more

flyingcow

Shibe
Eh maghadheera has stars playing fugadi, so full marks to gravity on that count
Sure, the series of events leading to her rescue are impossible, sure space has no explosions and you cant hear radio louder the closer you get to it. Still, it was perhaps the most realistic space movie since odyssey
what doews that mean??
i still dont see y her "rescue" wasnt possible, can someone please explain???
the radio thingy was just to immerse us into the movie

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
i watched Nasha, yes the poonampandey movie, for obvious reasons :p , and was quite surprised.

same old story line, but was surprised by the actors. they were simply fab. and the director has done a very good work.

6/10 from me.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Devil's Rock (2011) - IMDb - nice horror film with only 4 characters . There's many movie based on the similar story but how betifully this movie made the whole deal so so less people yet not affecting the horror theme is a pleasure to watch. This one gets 7/10 from my side.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) - 8/10
Loved it, be it directing or screenplay or acting
Movie is pure black comedy and i enjoyed it till the end! For 2hrs 57mins you will be glued in.
Acting wise Leo was on par and Jonah seems to be getting there..sountrack was a let down..
Directing was good and screenplay was fun to watch :)
Its a shame that they still cut few scenes after giving A-grade in India.
If Leo dint get oscar for this then they are bullshitting! :X

Refer above about 20 posts back...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ah, its good to be back!

El Metodo 7/10
You've seen "The Exam", now watch the movie from which "Exam" was inspired. More drama and abstract ending.

Bad Grandpa 6/10
Funny but gross but funny but gross but...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Prestige (2006) 9/10

I'm still wondering how tesla's/angier's trick worked.

its better not to know and no one is impressed by the trick. tesla made a machine to duplicate anyone. angiers kills a version of himself every time he does the trick. the blind stage hands cart away the body in the tank after every show.

gonna watch it again to figure out what was the keyword for Borden's diary was (was it Tesla? what does that mean?). And really thought the angiers doppelganger was another bad actor who looked like Jackman and not Jackman. his acting was that good. also anyone knows which knot borden tied? think he first was going for the safe one, nodded, then went for the one that wasnt a wet knot.

why cant one survive? any reason?

this was not so much as escape as a tour of all important telescopes, space stations and capsules in orbit. it becomes more improbable with every jump

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I saw wolf of the wall street, its heavily censored in the theater in fact you will actually miss out a lot of information from the cut scenes. You will wonder what's this all of a sudden, new names, irrelevant statements ?!
I DLed the dvd scr from watched it, fixed all the missing loop holes.

Amazing movie though!

Krow

Crowman
I saw wolf of the wall street, its heavily censored in the theater in fact you will actually miss out a lot of information from the cut scenes. You will wonder what's this all of a sudden, new names, irrelevant statements ?!
I DLed the dvd scr from watched it, fixed all the missing loop holes.

Amazing movie though!

This is true. Indian censors are crazy. I'll try and source a version that makes more sense. I loved the movie though. Definitely worth a watch. Di Caprio has acted out of his skin and Scorsese's direction is fantastic as usual.

Going to watch Inside Llewyn Davis soon. It's from the directors of No Country for Old Men, so I am very excited.

Top Bottom