Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Flash

Lost in speed
just saw battleship, just realized how stupid it is for one bomb to go off in one extremely sensitive location, and all the aliens everywhere self-destruct or magically fall apart
this also happens in independence day, pacific rim, the avengers... and even in LOTR
Unless they're mentally/astrally attached to them.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
just saw battleship, just realized how stupid it is for one bomb to go off in one extremely sensitive location, and all the aliens everywhere self-destruct or magically fall apart
this also happens in independence day, pacific rim, the avengers... and even in LOTR

The Chitauri in the avengers have like a neural bridge to their mothership and as the mothership is destroyed by the nuclear explosion that neural link collapses , Now see it as like in Matrix if the computer / connector thing gets destroyed while you are jacked into the matrix you will die . Same with these movies , they just didnt explained the concept which they SHOULD have .

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Malena is a life turning movie. It's coming of age movie. How a reckless, hormone driven boy becomes a wise person at the end. Though he fantasized about her but he never did any harm and perhaps tried to help her too in any way possible. The scene where he helps her husband meet her shows the goodwill he had for the woman whom every other person objectified and tried to molest under the unfavorable circumstance she had to endure.

I like this quote so much:
I pedaled as fast as I could... as if I were escaping from longing, from innocence, from her. Time has passed, and I have loved many women. And as they've held me close... and asked if I will remember them I've said, "Yes, I will remember you." But the only one I've never forgotten is the one who never asked... Malena.

@ajay
Try to see beyond what it seems.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
The Chitauri in the avengers have like a neural bridge to their mothership and as the mothership is destroyed by the nuclear explosion that neural link collapses , Now see it as like in Matrix if the computer / connector thing gets destroyed while you are jacked into the matrix you will die . Same with these movies , they just didnt explained the concept which they SHOULD have .
Cliched ending with a tacked-on reason, almost killed the entire movie :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Loved this movie.

new or old ?
I've seen the new one & didn't really like it.

almost all of the remakes are not good ;) that's why I always prefer to stick with old movies .. sure sometime they are hard to get but once you get it it's worth watching over the new remakes.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Dhoom 3 is inspired from nolan's the prestige and very badly executed as per some reviewers. Yes there are two aamir khans. Read the honest reviews. Why i am posting it here because i was planning to see this movie at a theater but now I don't know!:D

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Conversation between me and my friend

Friend : play a good action movie
Me : what kind of action movie?
Friend : I liked "Olympus has fallen" very much.
Me : OK

I played "White House Down" for him :)

Top Bottom