Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Django Unchained 8.5/10

An awesome revenge drama!!! In my list of good revenge drama there are many but few excels in combining passion, brutality and wit a the same time. "Taken" was in no. 1 position which IMO had all these things balanced but ask a master to show you what could be the best.
Tarantino just outdid himself here...this is one enjoyable, edge of the seat drama not (a bit) dry like "Kill Bill" series.

I'm too overwhelmed with this movie, this is a material to be seen in big screen not in our tiny screens in the comfy of our room. And, man what awesome dialogs, short but crisp. Show it to the single screen here with hindi dubbing or your local language dubbed version, I bet people would whistle in each of the punchlines. Oh, I would have loved to do that in cinema hall!!!

Does everyone act better in the hands of Tarantino? Jamey Fox?!!! Never knew he could pull off such a character. May be he did not believe it himself. Very much enjoyed "Christoph Waltz" as the doctor. And, "Leonardo" did well too.

b/w I've a question,

In the scene where Leo catches that they are bluffing and in the heat of the moment he slammed the table. Next scene we see he has cut his hand doing that. Why did Tarantino made him cut his hand to show anger? What difference would it make if the scene were shot without the blood? Any opinion from the movie geeks here?

But, the length of the movie is too damn long. 2Hrs 44mins??? IMO, the whole winter bounty hunting section could have been edited a bit.

To sum it up. Watch it. You won't regret those 3hrs you would be spending on it.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Does everyone act better in the hands of Tarantino? Jamey Fox?!!! Never knew he could pull off such a character. May be he did not believe it himself. Very much enjoyed "Christoph Waltz" as the doctor. And, "Leonardo" did well too.

b/w I've a question,

In the scene where Leo catches that they are bluffing and in the heat of the moment he slammed the table. Next scene we see he has cut his hand doing that. Why did Tarantino made him cut his hand to show anger? What difference would it make if the scene were shot without the blood? Any opinion from the movie geeks here?

Everyone acts good in the hands of Tarantino. Watch Kill Bill ;) Uma Thurman!!

my answer:
if you look, its a wine glass that leo smashes with his left hand. yes that could be done without the blood too, but IMO, Tarantino was showing that Leo was so blinded by anger, so he didnt see what he was smashing.

and time is not a factor in movies, unless the movie is a PoS. :p

if the story is good and details need to be shown then time is okay.
if i remember correctly, goodfellas was around 3hrs and each minute was worth it :)

rst

Youngling
In good movies like load of the ring series,Django Unchained etc, 3 hrs doesnot matter.
Leo slammed the table because he thought that they were trying to leave the table.
Then with the same hand he rubbed Django's wife face

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
my answer:
if you look, its a wine glass that leo smashes with his left hand. yes that could be done without the blood too, but IMO, Tarantino was showing that Leo was so blinded by anger, so he didnt see what he was smashing.

In good movies like load of the ring series,Django Unchained etc, 3 hrs doesnot matter.
Leo slammed the table because he thought that they were trying to leave the table.
Then with the same hand he rubbed Django's wife face

Guys I had put the same question IMDB board. People there told me that was not part of script, that was real blood. Leo really cut is hand while doing that scene. What he did then was to improvise and that made the scene even better.

IMDb :: Boards :: Django Unchained (2012) ::
A question about the diner scene

Inceptionist

Journeyman
Guys I had put the same question IMDB board. People there told me that was not part of script, that was real blood. Leo really cut is hand while doing that scene. What he did then was to improvise and that made the scene even better.

And still, he didn't got Oscar.
I feel sorry for Kerry Washington if Leo smeared real blood on her face.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

holy muck!!

Hats off to Leo once again.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
you guys don't look at the trivia's on IMDB pages? :confused: every time I finish watching a movie, I head straight to the Trivia session to increase my knowledge on that movie ;)

amjath

Human Spambot
Premium rush - 8.5/10. Shocking/thrilling scenes which brought me to edge of the seat

Something wrong with my English right?

Top Bottom