Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajai5777

Youngling
Memento - 8.7/10
Finally I watched it! Masterpiece is the word here, It was with me for a quite long time but didnt watch thinking that its story is similar to ghajini, a man with that disorder taking revenge on the guy who killed his wife. But I never expected this much twists and mindf*ck, really loved it. I didnt get the complete plot after 1st time watch, then I had to read a lot to understand it. I am gonna watch it again with a better understanding of the plot.

pratik385

In the zone
you watched Ghajini first :(

Memento is great!
watched it long time ago, still remember its EPICNESS in all categories!!!!

Watched Sucker Punch. Aesthetically pleasing, appealing cinematography and the soundtrack is quite fitting. Can't rate because I need to watch it again to give the ratings.

For me, apart from Soundtrack it sucked...

we all know time is relative, travel is possible or not is unknown.

but u dont mess with time travel genre, its one of the favourite genre for many in here and also there. :-x

true that! :)

pratik385

In the zone
Planning to watch Argo tonite
Its a shame Ben is not nominated for directing having won Golden Globes for directing and best drama!
I've always admired his flims: Gone baby gone, The Town and now Argo *claps*

to all........... what is TIME............ is it static or dynamic................ if we have a answer for it............ then we can say whether time travel is possible or not............

icebags

Technomancer
to all........... what is TIME............ is it static or dynamic................ if we have a answer for it............ then we can say whether time travel is possible or not............
its an assumption, to explain why light slows down at super heavy gravity holes. ;) but static or dynamic, doesn't mean u can ride it at will. *smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Animals/horse-riding.gif

thanks to faun, i need to rewatch POPSOT now.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
watched Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirty, Paranorman, Frankenweenie, and Schindler's List.

Django Unchained: Loved tarantino's fresh take on the wild west. his signature "arterial spray" [blood bath] is awesome. reminds one of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. jamie fox is good as usual and Christohp Waltz is absolutely stunning. if he does not win the best supporting male oscar, then i dont know who will. oh and leonardo dicaprio was EPIC. as usual. very nice mix of drama, witty humour and blood baths. only one thing i wish to point out.....
i dont know what tarantino had been thinking, but when django kills dicaprio's sister, she falls of in a direction which is 90 degrees from the direction she should fall due to the force of the bullet. dunno, but maybe taratino has something up his sleeve.

Zero Dark Thirty: Wow. another fine movie from the stable of Bigelow. reminiscent of Hurt Locker. background score is good and helps with the adrenaline pumping.

Frankenweenie: Stunning animation movie in black n white horror noire. being in BnW, the viewer is drawn more to the story, rather than the artistic renderings. but make no mistake, its VERY artistic in a subtle manner. a touching story..

Paranorman: not-so-great story, but a refreshing topic taken on in a refreshing manner.

Next up: Les Miserables, Argo, Brave.

btw, need i say anyhting about Schindler's List?? i could not recognise Liam Neeson and Ben Kingsley :p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Seven Psychopaths

I'm not sure how to rate this movie. If all fails, then I generally look for entertainment quotient in a movie. But how do you rate movies like these? A truly psycho movie, about psychos and may be made by one psycho. Concept matches....concept as in the shell, the vessel only....with Adaptation.

Very good psycho acting by all. Has violence (As in shoot-outs, head exploding etc)

Even after praising all these, I can't rate it to you here. I though rated it 7 in IMDB but I may not be able to justify it.
Try it out.

I guess, I'm out of habit of watching such weird movies.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Watched Sucker Punch. Aesthetically pleasing, appealing cinematography and the soundtrack is quite fitting. Can't rate because I need to watch it again to give the ratings.

Better late than never. Do watch the other version (DC or something..cant remember now), which will make more sense. The OST was amazing and blended well....and quite a brnfk movie too.

And dubbed version? Seriously. Hope it was not hindi.....must be something like this.....babydoll, tum in kutto ke samne mat nachna!!

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Better late than never. Do watch the other version (DC or something..cant remember now), which will make more sense. The OST was amazing and blended well....and quite a brnfk movie too.

And dubbed version? Seriously. Hope it was not hindi.....must be something like this.....babydoll, tum in kutto ke samne mat nachna!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Haha..don't remember the version. But yeah, it was dubbed. I was bored and looking for entertainment. What's better than hindi dubbed version ? But it was dubbed nicely in my opinion, unlike other half assed dubbings.

I'll re-watch it on my cell. However I didn't empathized with any of the characters.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Haha..don't remember the version. But yeah, it was dubbed. I was bored and looking for entertainment. What's better than hindi dubbed version ? But it was dubbed nicely in my opinion, unlike other half assed dubbings.

I'll re-watch it on my cell. However I didn't empathized with any of the characters.

Do watch it in English :)

ajai5777

Youngling
Seven Psychopaths

I'm not sure how to rate this movie. If all fails, then I generally look for entertainment quotient in a movie. But how do you rate movies like these? A truly psycho movie, about psychos and may be made by one psycho. Concept matches....concept as in the shell, the vessel only....with Adaptation.

Very good psycho acting by all. Has violence (As in shoot-outs, head exploding etc)

Even after praising all these, I can't rate it to you here. I though rated it 7 in IMDB but I may not be able to justify it.
Try it out.

I guess, I'm out of habit of watching such weird movies.

What a :censored: pointless movie this was. I just posted it in must not watch thread.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Milk Money 6.5/10

In short its poor man's "Pretty Woman".

Has a predictable plot, with not so beautiful actress. BUT, I got to watch it after 12-13 years. I remember I first watched it it bits and pieces when I was a kid. That too could not finish as my parents came home (it was playing in star movies). Since I've been introduced to Internet and the use of it in watching movies, I was searching this one.
After six years of searching found this.
So, excluding the cinematic values this hold some sentimental values to me too...few extra points to it for that.

b/w, its not a popular title, so if you are interested I doubt if you would get to watch it without buying it...

hellscream666

Broken In
there is an old Peter Jackson movie called Bad Taste... remember watching it a while back ... not exactly a great movie but kinda funny in a weird twisted away although it was supposed to be a horror flick

pratik385

In the zone
About Time travel stupid = time travel impossible..... both are incorrect perceptions, as Vyom said just because it has not invented/discovered does not mean it does not exist ....
Amen to that, if at all the argument starts I am gonna have a good time contemplating every detail .... :)

So, have you seen Naboer and A Serbian Film?
I'm sure you will invent timetravel after watching it :D

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
What is there in Naboer and "A serbian film"

One is psycho drama and anonther is saddistic movie.

Watch "12 monkeys" and for a more deeper knowledge in time-travel refer "Primer"

Top Bottom