Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
U guys deleted "2001:A Space Odyssy" ?!!!

Just look out of your window, I think u'll notice Krows gathering and conspiring how to kill you.

Slow or quick death might be the debate topic :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I downloaded in HD but could not bear it... for first 20 mins that apes and another 20 min..well I don't remember but that was damn slow, at last I pressed shift+Del

Hope I have not missed something

You my boy, have definitely missed a great (or rather not so) climax.
2001 is not a movie that you can watch to get "entertained". But it takes a great deal of brain and imagination at your level to be a part of the scenario of the events happening in the movie.

My apologies if you thought you can be entertained from 2001. But for that part of mine, which have the desire inside me to be an Astronaut, knows, how silent and yet full of noises the emptiness of Space can be. The claustrophobic nature of the vast infinity of Universe can only be felt by people who are willing to spend at least some time in voids.

For that I really appreciate 2001. Don't know about others, but I was watching it alone in the dark and in the silence of the night. And I had been tempted to turn on the lights, when the climax was approaching. Yeah, it was THAT scary.

Now don't run to recover the film you deleted in an attempt to try to find the monsters which made me fill with horror. Since no offence, but you just might not be able to find the actual fear I am talking about.

Krow

Crowman
U guys deleted "2001:A Space Odyssy" ?!!!

Just look out of your window, I think u'll notice Krows gathering and conspiring how to kill you.

Slow or quick death might be the debate topic :D
My klan was merely discussing how to make him enjoy the experience. Might seem like a murder conspiracy to Hitchcock fans. :p
For that I really appreciate 2001. Don't know about others, but I was watching it alone in the dark and in the silence of the night. And I had been tempted to turn on the lights, when the climax was approaching. Yeah, it was THAT scary.
:+1:

clmlbx

Technomancer
hmm, ok will give one more shot to it, will download it again and if that 2010 is sequel then their is no sense in watching it without watching it's prequel.....but now again both movies are in my list...

sandeepk

Journeyman
To all who liked the film 2001:A Space Odyssy :), were you able to understand all what was shown in the film at the start and the end?
I had read the novel already before watching the film. So it was easy for me to understand what director was trying to say. But I think it is very abstractly filmed. It is not very easy to understand (especially the end) to the viewer who has no idea about its subject.
I am not a fan of the film per se, but I appreciate the impact it has made in the film history.

Krow

Crowman
^I plan to read the book when I get through my other sci-fi books. I did read the beginning and it put a lot of things into perspective.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
To all who liked the film 2001:A Space Odyssy :), were you able to understand all what was shown in the film at the start and the end?
I had read the novel already before watching the film. So it was easy for me to understand what director was trying to say. But I think it is very abstractly filmed. It is not very easy to understand (especially the end) to the viewer who has no idea about its subject.
I am not a fan of the film per se, but I appreciate the impact it has made in the film history.

I admit I wasn't able to understand quite a number of things in the film.
Looks like a book it due to me, to be read!

Rahim

Married!
^Those 3 books ordered :)

2001 A Space Odyssey
2010 Odyssey Two
2061 Odyssey Three

If only someone makes the third installment.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Blood Simple 7/10

Good.
There are surprises and twists and kinda makes you shout WTF is happening!!!
Try it, u won't regret.

Break ke baad 6/10

"Tanu Weds Manu" was better. Very slow treatment was given to the movie. First half is slowest and untidy. Second half is better.

limpness

Broken In
Breach, true story, good story and very good movie. Course recommended.

Breach (2007) - IMDb

IMO Breach is very well presented.It proceeds at its own pace but still keeps you wondering what will happen next.One of those movies that don't mess up a good watch with gunshots.
I actually stumbled into watching half of Breach on Star Movies and just had to download it later to see what happens.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Watched Dreamcatcher (2003) - IMDb and my rating for this would be 7/10 - good movie and feels a bit like The Thing as this one is also based on aliens ;-)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
IMO Breach is very well presented.It proceeds at its own pace but still keeps you wondering what will happen next.One of those movies that don't mess up a good watch with gunshots.
I actually stumbled into watching half of Breach on Star Movies and just had to download it later to see what happens.

Liked the Bold part very much.

Roommate(2011)
Worth a watch....

Gonna give it a try tonight :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Heat 7.5/10

Actors: Al Pacino, Robert De Niro and Val Kilmer are one of the mentionable. Very much depends on the tussles between Al Pacino and Robert De Niro.

Nice watch.

But to give it a realistic touch, the movie has become slow.

Top Bottom