Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Slither (2006) - IMDb

liked the movie somewhat and the song Every Women In The world to Me by Air Supply was totally amazing - I'm a fan of Air Supply anyway ;-)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Slither (2006) - IMDb

liked the movie somewhat and the song Every Women In The world to Me by Air Supply was totally amazing - I'm a fan of Air Supply anyway ;-)
fav movie and the song made me listen to Air Supply discography and The Yayhoos.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, they have so many great songs ;-)

BTW, watched this one and personally I would give it ( 7.5/10 ) ;-)

The Forgotten (2004) - IMDb

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Sucker Punch .....Zack Snyder is a visionary as far as cinematography is concerned, he has his own typical style of presenting action. Sure all do slomos, all use great quick editing, camera angles to present action, but Zack does it with his own style, that might be a put off for some, but it works for most of the viewers. Sucker Punch is nothing but style and style over substance ...... the visual action that has been shown, can not be shown with ground reality and so the director choose it to do it in imaginary world, which makes it more believable ....... but level of style, with sloimos, grainy screen, zillions angles, sepia tone this movie brings is in itself commendable. As I said this would work with some and might not work at all with others ............. Story is simple and plain, with a small twist. Performances are good. Personally I would not rate this as some knocking action movie but its still a very stylish attempt to the action genre ..... 6.3/10

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sucker Pumch 6/10

Good action, average acting.

Rajiv Masand has put into the perfect phrase, "Inception+Charlie's Angels" :D

b/w I just loved the background music of Sucker Punch. I've to have it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Sucker Punch - First things first, the story was down right pathetic. It felt like a rather cheap modification of Inception's theme. Anyhoo, barring that, the movie was kick-ass. Visuals, soundtrack, action, sound effects - you name it, this movie had it. The pacing of the movie was perfect. Snyder has always used different tones for his movies, be it Sin City, Watchmen or 300. Sucker Punch was no different. Every fantasy world was created with a very different and unique style. His patented use of slow-motion during action sequences was another signature move used to propel the sequences, especially the fight between Baby Doll battling the 3 Samurai's. The first hour was packed with so much action that it was hard to imagine it had more to offer, but it did. Although, the ending of the movie seemed to lack that awe factor, which would have sealed the deal for this movie.

It's a movie which has a very video game-ish feel and would perhaps make a good game too. However, I have to say Snyder really has a great vision for creating a very artistic looking cinema. The switch between camera angles, apt use of slow motion techniques, dark themes, over-the-top (and sometimes memorable) characters and excellent cinematography - these are things which Snyder seems to leave a mark on all his movies. It was a joy ride to another world and felt good while it lasted. Definitely must watch for sure.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention this, but this question is for the peeps who have already seen the movie, don't you feel like something was chopped off? I mean if you remember the first theatrical trailer, it has some scenes where we see dance sequences & champagne being popped. I couldn't find them in the movie. I'll post the pics, if I can grab it off the trailer. I guess a Director's Cut is definitely due.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
b/w I just loved the background music of Sucker Punch. I've to have it.

I second that, missed that part , background score off Sucker Punch just rocks ...... if anyone had played BLOOD II, will know what I mean...... The games got the same signature written all over its background score. ...

, be it Sin City, Watchmen or 300. Sucker Punch was no different. .

SinCity was not Zack, it was Frank Miller written and directed, with, Robert Rodriguez and Quantin Tarantino chipping in as well ...... but I agree it does have the same feel which Zyck gives to his movies .......

Great Review BTW ..... :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
SinCity was not Zack, it was Frank Miller written and directed, with, Robert Rodriguez and Quantin Tarantino chipping in as well ...... but I agree it does have the same feel which Zyck gives to his movies .......

Great Review BTW ..... :)
Oh yes, got carried away with the whole set-up. My apologies. ;-)

On a side note, a spot-on review of the movie: Escapist Magazine Review of Sucker Punch

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Finally watched The King's Speech. I'd say it's a splendid movie, worth Oscars but comparing with Inception, it's....!! IMO, the Final speech focused too much elsewhere rather than focusing on the King's face.

The King's Speech (2010) - IMDb

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Megamind Finally got the chance to view this long awated movie, and it was worth every bit. Its humorous, witty, action packed, emotional, and exceptionally well animated ....... Story goes something like this ......Good turn out to become evil because it thinks thats what is all good about him ......and fights the good to get his share of contentment, until the good
decides to quit for his own personal life,
thats when the bad starts to feel left out and creates his own version of good to get his contented days back ...............thats the crux of the story which is very well executed with genuine humor and enough action to keep us glued to the seats. I was not much en-thrilled by "UP" and "Despicable me" but Megamind for me scores to ton ...... absolute worth watch ....... 6.8/10

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
A Beautiful Mind, is an awesome story, if you are in anyway inclined towards the beauty of Maths, and it's ability to define most of the intriguing things of this world! Its not a boring or sad story, albeit its an inspiring one!
You can read a short review I did a while ago at: The Movie Mind : Insights of Movies I watch from 2010: A Beautiful Mind

One more thing: Dont read the comment of that review... it contains spoilers! There I warned you!

Top Bottom