Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Night at the Roxbury
School of Rock

Comedies.
Both are true classics. I used to wait for re-runs of Roxbury on HBO back when it first aired. Also would tilt my head whenever I heard "What is Love?" :lol:

Here are some of the quotes I really love from that movie (grabbed from IMDB):

Kamehl Butabi: What are you doing? You come in to my store and cut up my plants and make toys of them!
Doug Butabi: It's *NOT* a toy! It's a club with a jungle theme!
Kamehl Butabi: You're a jungle theme!

Steve: What's up? Wanna dance?
Vivica: Yes.
Steve: Alright, take it easy.
Doug Butabi: Steve, she said yes!
Steve: ...what?

Kamehl Butabi: Idiot boy go cover the cash register.

Mr. Zadir: Dooey did you just grab my ass?
Dooey: Sir from where I'm standing that is a physical impossibility.
Mr. Zadir: I know your tricks Dooey.

Steve (reciting his wedding speech) : Emily, I used to see you outside my fathers store and then we went on some dates and you let me have sex with you. Oh! I'm done.

Cambi: There you are. We got scared.
Doug: Of who, we'll kick his ass.
Cambi: No, we got scared someone stole you away from us.
Doug: Oh...
[Gets it]
Doug: OH, like some other girls would steal us away.
Steve: Oh...
Steve: [getting it] OH!

:lol: :lol:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up......!!!

And not to say, the excellent soundtrack with La Bouche, Ace of Base, Haddaway, Bee Gees, Cyndi Lauper...."The Boss", REM.

Love this movie...!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys.
I think in a thread whose name is, "Must Watch Movies Recommended By Digitians", should not contain posts of the movies which have ratings (atleast) below 7.
And no one time watch etc.. either!

Just thought to drop by and put my two cents... thanks..

But there's toins on movies which did not get at-least 7 rating but still they are great to watch.

For eg. Silent Hill has rating of 6.5 but I can easily give it 8/8.5 and many will agree with me that this is a great movie though underrated.

But Unfogiven though has higher rating I did not like it that much !

It depends on the mindset if one will like a movie or not and and every people has his choice with different taste but every one is free to recommend movies ( that he thinks as a much watch ) to others always ;-)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up...Whatsss up......!!!

And not to say, the excellent soundtrack with La Bouche, Ace of Base, Haddaway, Bee Gees, Cyndi Lauper...."The Boss", REM.

Love this movie...!
Amen brother. This movie's soundtrack was absolutely fantastic. Watch Bowfinger & Beverly Hills Ninja, they are one of those 90's under-rated flicks which shouldn't be missed. ;-)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Seen em' both. Though now when you bring it up good old 90's and those school years, and the evergreen 80's. Am still an 80's and 90's everything freak...!
:)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Which are your favorites from the 80's. VCR days..?
A lot of them. I was (and still am) mostly into comedy and horror movies from the 80's. They were pure gems and can never be replicated in the modern era. VCR days were usually restricted to the 90's flicks. Our local video rental stores didn't have a lot of 80's flicks on VHS tapes back then. :-(

I'll list mine once I have some spare time. In the mean time, why not list yours, anything, just off the top of your head. :grin:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Some being:

Rambo II
Top Gun
Rain Man
48H
Return of the Jedi
Beverly Hills Cop
The Untouchables
Policy Academy
Aliens
Lethal Weapon
Naked Gun
Purple Rain
Die Hard

R2K

In the Zone
Twillight Eclipse(2/10)
Well the movie was a borefest.....BTW i have a doubt after watching the 3 movies in the series....Even the main character edward raised the same doubt in the movie
Why are the werewolves guys not wearing a damn shirt
Did they actually run out of money going to gym and taking all those steriods? :mrgreen:

abhidev

Human Spambot
Can someone suggest me really interesting movies based on real life stories.
For eg one of my favourites
Catch Me If U Can based on the life of Frank William Abagnale

Watch 'Zodiac'...true story based on serial killer who was not caught by the police for yrs...awesome movie.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

1408 is also a good movie.....nice horror flick!!!!!!!

R2K

In the Zone
How are these 2 movies? Are they worth watching
Analyze this(1999)Analyze This (1999) - IMDb
Analyze That (2002) Analyze That (2002) - IMDb

Top Bottom