Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Gonna review couple of movies I saw in recent past.

Amanush (Bengali-2010) 6/10

A psycho village boy falls in love with a city girl (see the uniqueness :D ) but the girl loves someone else. Boy elopes with the girl and....watch it (if you have nothing better to do)

Why 6? Only for the lead actor Soham. He did such a marvelous job in this movie, he deserves all the praise he can. Some overacting noticed but can be overlooked. The actress is let down.

Role Models 6/10

Nothing special. Has shadows of "School of Rock".

7 Khoon Maaf 7/10

Let me tell you one thing, if you are getting bad reviews about it, don't pay heed to it. A good watch if you are into dark movies.

BUT, the movie is not perfect though. Has problem with pace and flow.

Acting: PRIYANKA and Gunga :D Othes mentionable are Neil Nitin Mukesh, Irfan Khan and Annu Kapoor.

But, I would say Vidya Balan's character in Ishqiya was more seductive than Priyanaka's, either Priyanka's role demanded certain amount for ignorance or she failed to go that level.

Do watch (remember its about Priyanka's character not her killing her seven husbands)

P.S. watch out for guest appearance of Usha Utthup and Ruskin Bond

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
calling all the south indian digitans

"Anusuya" which was made in telugu is psychological thriller and even it was remade in Kannada as "Anu"

Do Watch It

I watched Anasuya when it was out in theaters. Not psychological, but good thriller. Who are the leads in kannada version?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Tropa De Elite 2 8/10

When you see "Tropa De Elite" or its sequel you feel like you are watching another bollywood movie on corruption and police, politics etc involvement in it. But the fact is that the movie is from Brazil and the brazil citizens claim the scenario is very true there too.

May be corruption works same everywhere, has a same method and has a same face.

Do check this out for sure.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Try Mr. Bean's Holiday - it's great comedy movie - actually you an try out any Mr. Bean series movie - they are all good ;-)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi frnds, This is a query. I know this has been shared on this thread. Can somebody pls help me remember the name of a movie, which I forgot.
The whole movie was shot in a single room, where some lawyers or judges were discussing a crime scene. And its black and white.
Sorry, but its just that, the posts in this thread are increasing at a greater pace then I can keep a tab on :)

Also, I have heard that a similar film (of Bollywood) is there, of which Om Puri was an actor of. If you know, please share the name of this film too.
Thanks.

Rahim

Married!
Hi frnds, This is a query. I know this has been shared on this thread. Can somebody pls help me remember the name of a movie, which I forgot.
The whole movie was shot in a single room, where some lawyers or judges were discussing a crime scene. And its black and white.
Sorry, but its just that, the posts in this thread are increasing at a greater pace then I can keep a tab on :)

Also, I have heard that a similar film (of Bollywood) is there, of which Om Puri was an actor of. If you know, please share the name of this film too.
Thanks.
12 Angry Men and Ek Ruka Hua Faisla. Surprisingly the latter is also very good just as the inspiration.

EDIT: Did you say Om Puri? He is not in ARHF IIRC.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Watched 'The Next Three Days', and I loved this thriller very very much. All I can say imdb reviews sucks big time.
The Next Three Days (2010) - IMDb

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks esumitkumar and Rahim.
It was indeed 12 Angry Men, and Ek Ruka Hua Faisla.

Surprisingly, ERHF scores 8.4 on IMDB, even though it seems a copy of 12 Angry Men.
I am guessing, the story would also be the same in Bollywood version too. And despite of it, its funny to see following line on 12 Angry Men page, "Top 250 #7 | Nominated for 3 Oscars. Another 13 wins & 6 nominations" and not even a single such award for ERHF :]

Now I am confused. Which should I see first?

Top Bottom