Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Martyrs - That was one fckd up movie with WTf ending. In the first half, when I thought, this must the goriest movie I've seen till date, second half had even more in store! Well executed though the ending didn't work for me much.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Martyrs - That was one fckd up movie with WTf ending. In the first half, when I thought, this must the goriest movie I've seen till date, second half had even more in store! Well executed though the ending didn't work for me much.
The end was the result of a weak story line and hence it didn't really go down well with everyone. But the rest of the movie is what makes you sick and like I said before, the last 1/2 hour is totally sadistic. My heart almost cried out for Morjana Alaoui's performance. She definitely deserves some sort of award for pulling off that sort of role. The torture felt so realistic, that you loose track of it being a movie and begin to feel the character's pain.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^ Somehow it reminded me of Dread, though the gore was very less, but it leaves a huge impact on your brain long after the movie is over.

French seem to love gore. Haute tension, Inside, Frontier(s), Martyrs.....list goes on.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^ Somehow it reminded me of Dread, though the gore was very less, but it leaves a huge impact on your brain long after the movie is over.

French seem to love gore. Haute tension, Inside, Frontier(s), Martyrs.....list goes on.
I haven't seen Dread yet, or may be I have? Will look into it. Even the gore aspect is well taken care of (in Martyrs) with minimal CGI usage and more focus on the use of prosthetics and proper make-up work. I can't stress how important this is for the movie to get an authentic feel. Hollywood really over-does CGI bullshit at times and hence we are rarely awed. The French seem to up the ante and pay more attention to the finer details.

R2K

In the Zone

yeah....In dread if u look closely there is nothing much in it we can really call it as a hardcore gore movie....but it somehow disturbs our mind to a massive extent:shock:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Just watched 127 Hours....very inspiring movie....be a fighter....liked it

I don't think that is the message movie was trying to give. It was trying to tell not to push the people away from your life. And don't be a lonewolf. Which is the reason why he ended up in that hole for 127 Hours.

abhidev

Human Spambot
I don't think that is the message movie was trying to give. It was trying to tell not to push the people away from your life. And don't be a lonewolf. Which is the reason why he ended up in that hole for 127 Hours.

I don't think you understood why I wrote fighter....I meant he didn't stop trying to get out of their till the end....the flashback of the events that happened in his past made him realize value of his loved ones.:smile:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I don't think you understood why I wrote fighter....I meant he didn't stop trying to get out of their till the end....the flashback of the events that happened in his past made him realize value of his loved ones.:smile:

Thats true, but he gave up his hopes of life on the very first day. And even before he cut his hand off, he still tries to tell few words to his mother. Which says that he didn't had any hopes of getting out of there. But yea, there is bit of both the messages.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
SAW 3D - For one, I'm glad it's finally over. This series had to be put to an end. This part has to be one of the worst in the whole series. Was this directed on cheap budget or something? Lousy make-up effects, ridiculous traps, dissatisfying conclusion, lack of detail to gore etc. I'm seriously disappointed.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
MOON .....Finally got the chance to view this ......and WOW I am glad I watched this ...... its a GEM of a sci-fi movie,
Thats about as much plot details I think I should provide, the movie takes an amazing and thought provoking approach that touches on issues like scientific ethics, corporate greed, human identity, existence, solitary confinement, compassion and much much more. Truly an amazing piece of work ......... 7.5/10 for this ....

Awesome dude, goes into my watchlist.

Top Bottom