Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

abyss88

Broken In
watched die hard yesterday...and die hard 2 today...pretty good movies, if u like hardcore action and gun fight:|

i'll watch "das boot" tomorrow..(another movie on ww2):razz:
*www.imdb.com/title/tt0082096/

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORGAN FREEMAN..
one of my fav actors

Rahim

Married!
^Watch the uncut version and have plenty of wafers and sauce and chips and cola for its 4 hours long :D Dont forget to go the call of nature!!!!!!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well, I found there will be blood a very boring cinema.
I felt asleep while watching it and after waking up suddenly I found its still playing.

People might have acted brilliantly but the movie is very dry.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Since my MTNL connection has just shifted 256K unlimited & still giving me 2 Megs speeds, I am on a downloading spree. So quick question to people who have seen Das Boot. Is the movie worth getting? If yes then which version should I pick? Director's cut or original Uncut? What's the difference between the 2 apart from runtime?

abyss88

Broken In
i have the directors cut version....but if u get das boot, i would also recommend that you also get "letters from iwo jima",if u have not watched that already.. i dont know the difference b/w the two as i have only watched the D.C version ...oh and dont forget the subs

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
99 7/10

A bit long movie. You have to wait for anything to happen in this movie. That neo-bollywood touch is present but more editing would make it even better.
Another plus point is that only one song.
Kunal khemu and Boman Irani are what the movie is dependent, Cyrus is "yuck". He proved that he can't act. He's a gr8 chatterbox but acting a big no no.....
Soha is kool, any woman could have done dat part, nothing special.
I liked Mahesh Manjerakar part, but he has very small role.

Overall, nice screenplay but a bit long and sometimes feels boring.
I guess this movie can lead to a sequel:rolleyes:

Slumdog Millionaire 7.5/10

This film is full of Cliché. I couldn't guess why or how did it grab those many Oscars!!!
80% of the things just hapens in this movie.
And, a slumboy speaking fluent english with "dat" accent is not acceptable. At least this much originality is expected. They can do movies based on china, they put chinese dialogues, same with, Jap, korean but why not Hindi.

Freida Pinto, whats in her? She has 4-5 scenes where she didn't have to act as per the screenplay. How come she's so hyped?

Why did "Jamal's" brother had to die? why did he let her loose?
Showing a bit on the conflict of Anil Kapoor would make it more realistic.
A lot of things are not answered......
Me not satisfied with this movie.....:neutral:

Top Bottom