Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

abyss88

Broken In
i had watched sangharsh b4 watching "silence of the lambs"...bollywood are ultimate thieves...yesterday i was channel surfing and watched a scene in Kala bazaar, the scene's music was a total copy of that of indiana jones..

how easily they give a name "inspired"
bappi lehri too has some of his music "inspired" from michael jackson

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
99 - 8/10. Finally a good movie worth watching after such a long time. Kunal Khemu stole the show with his performance. Really disappointed with Cyrus. He sucks when it comes to speaking Hindi properly. He is flawless as a VJ & a host, but actor, I doubt it. Anyway the movie has it's ups & downs, but the climax is totally satisfying. Boman Irani, as usual, was top notch.

GameAddict

In the zone
99 - 8/10. Finally a good movie worth watching after such a long time. Kunal Khemu stole the show with his performance. Really disappointed with Cyrus. He sucks when it comes to speaking Hindi properly. He is flawless as a VJ & a host, but actor, I doubt it. Anyway the movie has it's ups & downs, but the climax is totally satisfying. Boman Irani, as usual, was top notch.

Agree....watched a good hindi movie after a while. I liked Cyrus though...

Krow

Crowman
I havent followed this thread at all... But I will now!

My personal recommendations :

Anurag Kashyap's

Gulaal - Wonder why great movies disappear of the cinema halls sooner than u cn bat an eyelid?
DEV D
No Smoking -
Got 2-1/2 stars in most reviews, if nt less! I"d give it at least a 4 on 5.

The imdb top 250 gives a good idea of the best of mainstream cinema.

If any1 interested in Art films, one can try any movie by Jean-Luc Godard, Satyajit Ray, and a few others.

Sergio Leone's : Once Upon A Time In America is also very good. Its 3.5 hrs, and ive seen abt 3 but I like it a lot.

One last one : Taxi Driver by Martin Scorcese! 10.1/10!

And Yup, Slumdog deserved the Oscar! No great movie wins it anyway! Wonder why movies like The Dark Knight and Gran Torino were ignored for the oscars???x(

Krow

Crowman
For all those who want to know something about what the US is really doing, I recommend Zeitgeist & Zeitgeist : Addendum. Much, Much Better than Fahrenheit 9/11. It also has a section on whether Jesus existed or not. Get it, watch it, love it or hate it...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Replacements 7.5/10

Cool sports movie. Nothing unusual with the script but all different is how it was made and presented as a screenplay. Thumbs up for the diff. angle.
It has its moments........and, some good background music with good bass:wink:

Krow

Crowman
Update : Once Upon A Time In America - 9/10. De Niro Rocks. Awesome movie. It wont move at an awesome pace but neither is it slow. 3.5hrs all at the same pace. Sergio Leone is a wonder!

Anybody seen Sergio Leone's The Good, The Bad & The Ugly????? 9.5/10! Amazing Cinematography! One shot is an Extreme Extreme Long shot, in which a man on horseback is the size of an ant, and the next one is an Extreme Extreme Close-up in which one can count the no. of hair in his nose. Even otherwise, it is a great movie!

I saw the recent remake of 3:10 to Yuma! 8/10. Russell Crowe is awesome, so is Christian Bale! Great Direction too!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Friday The 13th (2009) - 7/10. Just as I expected, it failed to live upto the expectations of the classic Friday the 13th. The location of Crystal Lake & the cast didn't possess the old charm at all. God I miss the 80's era.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Tenebre....6/10...If any body is interested in cheezy thriller with gore and violence like in the "The Burning" or "Nightmare at ELM street" killings......go for this one
IMDB link plz

The Thing 8.5/10

Gr8 movie but could have done away with those visuals. Well, at that time those might be very hip...:cool:
Two thumbs up for it...

Rahim

Married!
Dirty Harry. Another Classic Clint Eastwood bad ass attitude.

@rhitwick: *www.imdb.com/title/tt0084777/

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I love cheesy 80's horror flick. They have a certain enjoyable feel, which some tend to resent. I was about to get this long back, but each time it got ignored.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Here... *www.imdb.com/title/tt0084777/

But it strange you could have looked at by yourself..... I am curious
I got to it, but in IMDB there are 3-4 entries for it.....and there is always original etc question, thats why I asked you about exact link...8)

Top Bottom