Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Did you suggest Slumdog Millionaire for family viewing? I think there is one kissing scene. I guess nowadays that thing is passable?

Come on folks please suggest some clean family entertainers. I'm sure there are lots out there.

OOps no no....That was for otherpost
There one kissing scene(nothing intense) but usage of MC and Chu*** word are there!!!

11:14 - 8/10

Definitely worth a watch. Awesome direction.
Is it like Vantage Point?

Last edited:
Dog day afternoon 6/10

**might include spoilers**

Dint find it that interesting.! It was just like any other movie.! Just the fact that it was based on a real-life story might make it a lil interesting , but the movie just fizzles out in the end.! Slow paced movie, with boring and looong dialogues between sonny, his gay partner, his wife, his mother.! Though the movie boasts of being accurate about the incidents that took place, only 30% of the movie is accurate.!

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
25th Hour- 8/10 : It's about a convicted drug dealer who has one last day of freedom before beginning a seven-year prison sentence. It's quite a sad film actually and directed very well by Spike Lee!!! If nothing else, watch it for Edward Norton's performance !!!

ajayritik

Technomancer
I'm still waiting for all of your suggestions folks on some family entertainers. I know most of you may not watch these often but still if someone can pour in their suggestions it would be great.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
^^Any Animation movie like WALL.E , Toy Story, Finding Nemo,Shrek....you know....

It's a Wonderful Life is another great flick.

Or pick out any light heart clean comedy like Home Alone 1,2 , Baby's Day Out, Back to The Future,E.T. ....

Fantasy films like Harry Potter (dreadful films) or LOTR Trilogy or PoC Trilogy, Jurrasic park....

Groundhog Day is also a great one

D

Deleted member 26636

watch "Spirited Away"- a movie about a little girl & her parents who get lost & end up in a strange wonderland. the movie is about the adventures of the little girl & how she saves her parents who have been turned into pigs. it is a japanese anime(but english dubbed version is also available). it won a lot of awards in japan & has a 97% fresh rating on rotten tomatoes..i highly recommend this movie for fans of animation movies. but if you're not much into kids & fantasy you might not enjoy it.the protagonist- the little girl is a very sweet character & you'll begin to wish you had a sister like her(at least i did as i do not have a sister):)

D

Deleted member 26636

^^Yeah recommended movie. Very good anime.

So, T. you've watched Spirited Away!..Its just fantastic. Has anyone watched "Howl's Moving Castle"..its by the the same animator hayao miyazaki who created spirited away.this movie also has a very good rating at rottentomatoes.com...if anyone has seen it please tell me.

Top Bottom