Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

D

Deleted member 26636

just back from fun cinemas watching Chandni Chowk 2 China..had to go as a friend of mine had worked on some vfx scenes in that movie(he is a dynamics artist at prime focus)...the movie's action sequences are good, the special effects are also good if compared to other indian movies...the story is just plain & mediocre...the movie had potential but sadly it was ruined by baseless, useless stupid comedy which didnot contribute at all to the overall entertainment..5/10..

I mentioned that in my last post as well. An excellent movie. I rated it 9/10 on IMDB. A must watch indeed. :)

yeah..BOLT is such an amazing movie..&Ethan..did you listen to the song"barking at the moon" that plays in the middle of the movie & the end credits song"i thought i lost you"..both of these songs are very good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I will be checking out Eden Lake as recommanded before. Any more violent/gore/horror movie you guys would like to recommand ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
yeah..BOLT is such an amazing movie..&Ethan..did you listen to the song"barking at the moon" that plays in the middle of the movie & the end credits song"i thought i lost you"..both of these songs are very good.
Barking to the moon was really good. The whole movie's presentation was splendidly put forth. Disney is really touching to a great level of visual animation. I loved the parts where Bolt has a conversation with those Pigeons. They were hilarious. Not to mention Rhino, who was equally funny. Bolt's character modelling was well crafted. The whole movie had a bit of warmth to it. I'm surprised that it's been so under rated.

D

Deleted member 26636

Barking to the moon was really good. The whole movie's presentation was splendidly put forth. Disney is really touching to a great level of visual animation. I loved the parts where Bolt has a conversation with those Pigeons. They were hilarious. Not to mention Rhino, who was equally funny. Bolt's character modelling was well crafted. The whole movie had a bit of warmth to it. I'm surprised that it's been so under rated.

well, the movie had a 85 % rating at rottentomatoes.com. i think it did not release in india..& many people have never heard of it..but BOLT was one of the best movies of 2008..

R2K

In the Zone
anybody please comment on SAW series...........i saw a DVD of that series in one video rental store.............i am confused whether to take it or not

some ppl over here commented that it is remarkable while others said that movie was a bullshit..........so what actually is this movie like.????????????????????????

IITian

Broken In
anybody please comment on SAW series...........i saw a DVD of that series in one video rental store.............i am confused whether to take it or not

some ppl over here commented that it is remarkable while others said that movie was a bullshit..........so what actually is this movie like.????????????????????????

when it comes to violence/gory, nothing beats the saw series.
get it if u have a strong heart.

aditya1987

Extheist
Saw "Braveheart" yesterday,

Braveheart is a 1995 historical action-drama movie produced and directed by Mel Gibson, who also starred in the title role.

For me it's the greatest movie of all time.

My Rating - 10/10

BTW, It has two very depressing scene, the first one when the british general cuts the throat of william wallace's wife, & second scene when william wallace was tortured to death and he cried "FRRREEEDDDOOMMMM" and then he was beheaded.

I was really very shocked when i saw the first scene, tears began to pour from my eyes.*www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/1381.gif

I am very depressed after watching this epic movie,*www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/171.gif
My parents are also telling me that it's just movie.

Please help me!!!*www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/1004.gif

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
It has a great story and every movie is connected. And all the SAW movies are on my top 10 list. Amazing violence and great gory scenes. Beauty at its best :).

Braveheart is a 1995 historical action-drama movie produced and directed by Mel Gibson, who also starred in the title role.

My Rating - 10/10

BTW, It has two very depressing scene, the first one when the british general cuts the throat of william wallace's wife, & second scene when william wallace was tortured to death and he cried "FRRREEEDDDOOMMMM" and then he was beheaded.

I was really very shocked when i saw the first scene, tears began to pour from my eyes.*www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/1381.gif

I am very depressed after watching this epic movie,*www.websmileys.com/sm/sad/171.gif

Try watching movies like Hostel, Inside, etc. They might help to unwind your mind :).

Last edited:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^Tune fir se yeh sab movies suru kar dee P A R A N J :x :x :x

@aditya1987..u will be normal in one-two days...All the gr8 comforts ppl njoy are the results of some sacrifices..like we will always be indebted by Bhagat Singh, Subhash Chandra Bose etc etc

Same was Braveheart !! English crushing the Irish and Scotts :x

Its indeed sad Indian directors dont make such movies which show in depth what Netaji or Bhagat has done :( like Hollywood directors

D

Deleted member 26636

My Rating - 10/10

watch some animated or comedy movie...a lot of them have already been discussed on this thread.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
PYAASA - 8/10 ..

GuruDutt's classic movie..Amazing acting by Guru Dutt, Waheeda Rehman, Mala Sinha

Amazing songs ..Jaane kya tune kahi, Jaane woh kaise log they jinke pyar ko pyar mila etc etc ...

Must watch if u r a lover of offbeat classic films .... I have also bought Mosar baer's CHAUDHANVI ka Chand n KAGAZ K PHOOL ...will see them later

Guru Dutt Rocks !!

Top Bottom