Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

quagmire

Allllright !
^I would like to hear your interpretation of the movie.. :)

The way I understood it:
Both the stories took place in parallel universes but they are interconnected by the dreams.

Also another explanation is that both are in the same world but the colour story is the continuation of the b/w story, but somehow the characters get repeated..

Anyways loved the part where Nikki is unable to save Shankranna in colour story but manages in b/w. Such symbolisms are awesome..

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
^I would like to hear your interpretation of the movie.. :)

The way I understood it:
Both the stories took place in parallel universes but they are interconnected by the dreams.

Also another explanation is that both are in the same world but the colour story is the continuation of the b/w story, but somehow the characters get repeated..

Anyways loved the part where Nikki is unable to save Shankranna in colour story but manages in b/w. Such symbolisms are awesome..

Why complicate it this much ? The b/w story of the star is the reality and color story of the usher is his dream .

Hrishi

One of the most stunning 3D Visuals and a nail-biting story , The movie Gravity ( 2013 ) will definitely give you an out-of-earth experience.! The Title of movie is completely justified. A must watch , in 3D .
This movie reminds me of the movie "Apollo 13 ( 1995) ".
For 3D experience , I will rate it 9/10. For Story , plot and acting , will say 8/10.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys there maybe some folks out here who are from Hyderabad. I think Gravity is not running in Imax Screen here. Is there any chance of this movie releasing in Imax anytime soon? If not which is the best screen available currently to watch it.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Guys there maybe some folks out here who are from Hyderabad. I think Gravity is not running in Imax Screen here. Is there any chance of this movie releasing in Imax anytime soon? If not which is the best screen available currently to watch it.

Not going to be on IMAX ever, afaik. The cinemax theater in the Inorbit Mall* has one of the best sound systems I've experience in hyderabad, if you're interested in watching Gravity, go for that place ;)
I'll probably watch it next weekend.

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Not going to be on IMAX ever, afaik. The cinemax inorbit theater has one of the best sound systems I've experience in hyderabad, if you're interested in watching Gravity, go for that place ;)
I'll probably watch it next weekend.

You mean the one in Inorbit mall right? Even I wanted to check if it's the best. Looked better than the others. or should I say sounded.

cyborg47

Technomancer
oops, sorry for the typo. Yeah, the cinemax theater in Inorbit Mall.

Looked better than the others. or should I say sounded.

Sounded, yeah. The screen is relatively small compared to the others, but the sound system is badass. Had a great time with prometheus last time.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Despicable Me 2 8/10 - One and a half hour of awesome fun , Minions FTW !!! Looking forward to Minions spin-off movie next year .

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
It's released ??
On the first page itself :p

Man of Steel - 9/10

I had a flash game loading in the background in browser . And film started the flash game's music began to play in the background . And I thought it was from the movie :p . Only found out when the sea scene came :D

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Chennai Express -- 9/10
This Movie's Mission was making you Laugh.And it delivered :grin: The fight scene also was nice(b/w SRK and Tingu)
+1 mark for Deepika's cuteness :wub:
P.S : This is a one-time watch Cheesy,Slapstick Comedy Film,btw there are exploding cars too ;-)

Hrishi

On the first page itself :p

Man of Steel - 9/10

I had a flash game loading in the background in browser . And film started the flash game's music began to play in the background . And I thought it was from the movie :p . Only found out when the sea scene came :D
well.. that was like what 2 days ago .? :p , It's been a week since last search ...so I think missed
Anyways , I got Man Of Steel too in the search. " EK pe Ek free." :p

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Gravity is indeed awesome. The close up scenes of the space station in the beginning of the movie were especially great and made u feel like u were there. While Sandra bullock was a great fit for the character, it was George clooney who stole the show with his devil may care attitude even in the midst of certain calamity. 8/10

The best scene for me was when Matt comes back into the spacecraft and begins babbling. Then he exhorts Ryan to take a definitive decision as whether to choose life or death. She has to plant her feet down and start living :D . Then at the end of the scene when Ryan again asks "How did you get here" and the illusion is shattered. I loved how Cuaron finished this part .

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Saw Captain Phillips (2013) - IMDb today. Great movie!. You get to see the old Tom Hanks again.The one you loved in movies like Terminal, Castaway, Philadelphia & Green Mile.

Top Bottom