Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
Yeah Bro you must watch them.. Ohh hurry then..:) ( y )

Really?
i was expecting it to be like Rowdy Rathore..
Is it worth spending money in the theaters?
I have zero expectations from this movie esp since it's directed by the same guy who directed Blue.
Atleast Rowdy Rathore has good foot tapping music.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Really?
i was expecting it to be like Rowdy Rathore..
Is it worth spending money in the theaters?

Better than RR, at least for me. Worth spending in theatre? May be upto 100-200. Go with friends, not gf.

Movie would have been fail, had the awesome dialogues didn't come to rescue.

I have zero expectations from this movie esp since it's directed by the same guy who directed Blue.
Atleast Rowdy Rathore has good foot tapping music.

This movie has on par music, better for me.

ishan99

Broken In
Better than RR, at least for me. Worth spending in theatre? May be upto 100-200. Go with friends, not gf.

Movie would have been fail, had the awesome dialogues didn't come to rescue.

This movie has on par music, better for me.
Well then ill go for it.. and if it turns out to be a dud... At least ill have someone to blame..;)

pratik385

In the zone
The way way back : 7/10
Nice story and movie is really a fun to watch :)
wont say much, check this out!
Hope you will the get the moral of this movie

Gravity - 8.5/10
VFX, Screenplay, Acting (esp Sandra's breathing) and Score is top notch.
Directing and Story are 2 points which i think lacks the intensity comparing with above points.
A bit disappointment coz with few fixes here and there film will be much worthy of 9.5/10
Ending is godlike (one of the greatest), i liked below:
The way she feels the gravity and smiles! that was lovely. We dont know the impact of gravity but once we've been familiar with 0G, Earth's gravity adaption is depicted brilliantly..

ishan99

Broken In
well here are some of random favorites
Bollywood:
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
Don 2
Once upon a time in mumbaai
My name is Khan
Gangs of Wasseypur
Shootout at Lokhandwala

Hollywood
The Conjuring
8 Mile ( Favorite )
Inception
Shawshank Redemption
Gravity
Paranormal Activity

WEll cant remember others..... What are you guys all time favorites?

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
The Butterfly Effect (2004) - 7.5/10
what a brain fcuk movie....ending is touchy :mrgreen:
you guys got the whole plot right?

I love this movie. The ending was brilliant too. Can count it among my all time favorites.

Check out the other 3 endings too, I guess they should be on youtube. I like the theatrical one the best.

Saw Gravity 3D this week. 6.5/10
The visuals are the best. The 3d looks great too & actually adds a lot to the movie unlike many other movies where the 3d is a joke. This movie deserves a watch on the big screen.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I love this movie. The ending was brilliant too. Can count it among my all time favorites.

Check out the other 3 endings too, I guess they should be on youtube. I like the theatrical one the best.

ok..but u thoroughly understood the movie?
i m confused in some parts :-?

quagmire

Allllright !
Lucia (Kannada) - 11/10. Its a masterpiece.The best kannada "film" I have seen. Highly recommended for all..

The director (and writer) Pawan Kumar is supposedly a big fan of Christopher Nolan. Any movie that is a brainchild of "disciple" of Nolan is bound to be brilliant and is most definitely is..

Plot : 10/10
Direction : 10/10
Cinematography : 10/10
Acting : 10/10

The director has brought out the theme brilliantly. Great substories, good art direction even production values are low.
Philosophy and symbolism in every scene. Multiple interpretations, paradoxical situations, interwoven plots.. this movie has it all.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
ok..but u thoroughly understood the movie?
i m confused in some parts :-?

I hope I did. Which parts were confusing for you ?

The only confusing part I thought was.
How does he get all fine in the end. In the 2nd last we see he has brain damage due to multiple time travels.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Lucia (Kannada) - 11/10. Its a masterpiece.The best kannada "film" I have seen. Highly recommended for all..

The director (and writer) Pawan Kumar is supposedly a big fan of Christopher Nolan. Any movie that is a brainchild of "disciple" of Nolan is bound to be brilliant and is most definitely is..

The director has brought out the theme brilliantly. Great substories, good art direction even production values are low.
Philosophy and symbolism in every scene. Multiple interpretations, paradoxical situations, interwoven plots.. this movie has it all.

Interesting.. will check it out in theater..

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything

I can't understand Kannada without subtitles :( . Will try if it becomes available in other sources . Liked Mungaru Male very much :)

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
50/50 - 9/10 Touching , Powerful and also funny at the same time , Superb acting by all the cast members . JGL is one of the finest actors of the modern cinema.

Last edited:

Flake

Linux User
I couldn't even find it in the first page of chitchat . And tell me one guy who goes there to check for must not watch movies .
I am subscribed to Must not watch Movies thread and whenever someone post there, I definitely check it. I think other subscribers of that thread do the same.

Top Bottom