Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
The first half was dragged and boring, go watch the movie only for the CLIMAX

You're THE first guy I'm hearing say this. Everyone said 2nd half was kinda awkward. Everyone wanted more of the 1st half. Nobody wanted the climax the way it is. Dayum. Gotta see this myself.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
You're THE first guy I'm hearing say this. Everyone said 2nd half was kinda awkward. Everyone wanted more of the 1st half. Nobody wanted the climax the way it is. Dayum. Gotta see this myself.

Actually Many people felt that 1st half was okay,I would give the first half 7.5/10 and the 2nd half a 8.5/10

Well yeah the end of the 1st half was good :p

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
I watched Man of Steel today and really liked it though I found it a bit lengthier. But if they are going to build a trilogy or a sequel, I guess that is understandable.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Actually Many people felt that 1st half was okay,I would give the first half 7.5/10 and the 2nd half a 8.5/10

Well yeah the end of the 1st half was good :p

Weird, that's the only part both critics and general audiences are agreeing on, that the first half is great, russel crowe ;)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Good to know that, please post the full review in the reviews section :)
No, I won't. The movie has not impressed me enough to write a full review.

Sarcasm, about your destruction complaint :p
I'll come to this later.

My few observations:-

-->Nonlinear story telling. This is a 'origin' movie. Why fck that up? What is the reason of a flashback?
-->Extended drama showing how Crypton dies. May be Russel Crow made that happen.
-->The action did not feel like fight of two super beings.

And, at cyborg47's comment,
Superman is the first movie that I saw where the helicopter crashed but did not blow up.
And, we see destruction of many buildings but not a bridge!

That is why I told Die Hard 4 had much more destruction.

cyborg47

Technomancer
My few observations:-

-->Nonlinear story telling. This is a 'origin' movie. Why fck that up? What is the reason of a flashback?
-->Extended drama showing how Crypton dies. May be Russel Crow made that happen.
-->The action did not feel like fight of two super beings.

First, its Krpton, not Crypton :)

Most of them sound like opinions, but I'll answer anyway.

-->Why not? Its the film maker's choice, you can criticize how its executed, but not the choice they made.
If they go for a linear story telling, it will be yet another same boring superhero origin movie. Good thing they went for the Batman Begins structure. Placing the flash backs only when they are required, and not wasting time with the linear narrative. Imagine how awkward all of it will look if the flashbacks sequences were placed chronologically, you'll keep asking yourself, why are they showing all of this.

-->Why not? It explains why Kal-El is important, that he is a natural born which leads to the codex with the natural kryptonian dna, explains what kind of character Zod is, what his motives are. If the film makers thought like you, we would have had a Superman movie that starts out with a subtext explaining everything about the characters, and ending with Sups winning against Zod.

-->Your opinion, but still, care to elaborate what an actual fight between two super powered aliens would look like?

And, at cyborg47's comment,
Superman is the first movie that I saw where the helicopter crashed but did not blow up.

Not sure if you're being serious or just sarcastic :|
There's no rule that the helicopters should blow up just because they crashed landed. I feel so awkward answering this question, lol.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
rhitwick i have not seen the man of steel therefore i wont say anything on the movie but your "helicopter crashing" question is really something even which i didnt get. Have you forgotten black hawk down. Does the helicopters there blow up? Lol excuse me if i couldn't get you properly but this question of yours is really funny.:lol:

cyborg47

Technomancer
rhitwick i have not seen the man of steel therefore i wont say anything on the movie but your "helicopter crashing" question is really something even which i didnt get. Have you forgotten black hawk down. Does the helicopters there blow up? Lol excuse me if i couldn't get you properly but this question of yours is really funny.:lol:

I loved that line though, had a few laughs too, thanks to him :D

icebags

Technomancer
MoS : 7.5/10

movie is good enough for me, full of action shots :punch:, flying,smashing heavy cars and buildings, and they always remind me of dbz -> in fact the scenes where our steelman powering up *emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smiley_faces/goku-s-smiley-face.gif, aliens jumping on fighter planes and tearing them apart, people throwing each others through buildings, flying with shockwaves while breaking sound barrier - all reasons were there for me to get super excited, and may be the filmmakers were fan of dbz too i don't really know.

apart from that, the flashback story line was pretty cool, even though they could be somewhat less random for the sake of a better storyline (-ve marking here) and finally..... YAY, there is a superman movie that has less lois lane - clerk kent romance :yuck: and on top of that with a different flavor of actual elements of story, to actually make us feel its not a remake :cryeyesout: of just another superman movie., putting them all together, was pretty enjoyable experience :toast:.

ps. i kinda sympathize the krypton gen. he had a dream, too bad he could not think out a better way of fulfilling it. :hissyfit:

Last edited:
Top Bottom