Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
Just got back from Man of Steel, it wasn't IMAX(booked the tickets for tuesday for it), but on a normal local screen.

Fans and general audiences would love it, that doesn't mean its dumb like transformers, ignore the haters, trolls, and especially *those so called intellectuals* who just cannot keep their critic side of them shut, enjoy the movie ffs.
Going to watch it for the second time on IMAX 3D on tuesday :D
So you mean to say ico and rhitwick are "trolls" and "so called intellectuals" and they should enjoy the movie for F's sake?
where as NVIDIAGeek or any other guys whoever rated the movie above 7 are not "trolls".

So i take it the movie is not for intelligent trolls. Its only for dumb posters. Am i correct?

Last edited:

pratik385

In the zone
Man of Steel - 6.8~7/10

Actors: Henry, Amy, Russell, Diane, Kevin, Michael
Actors did a solid job, Henry arguably the best to be Superman. he fits nicely in superman's role
Diance and Kevin did a great job, quotes of Kevin were really EPIC, this is a big plus for me
Im disappointed with Amy and Michael; Amy was dull in this movie dont know why, she just lacked energy..
About Michael, the evil and rage part were missing. He wasnt a Villain in this.. :(

Directing: Zack Snyder
I liked 300 and Watchmen, nothing against this guy but he missed to hit the bulls eye for Man of Steel.
It lacked the "Hope" part every much!
This movie wasn't driving like TDK series to go for "right path" or "do Good deeds"
I agree with rhitwick here, The fight scenes were not intense , like the way in 300
In fighting scene, Superman destroying buildings, petrol pumps, etc and not thinking of the people :confused:
The way Superman killed Zod was just lame, they could've end him in a fighting scene..
But few Fighting scenes were really nice, that of Sups and Zod or Faora and Superman was just incredible

Screenplay and Story telling: David Goyer
Loved the flashbacks :)
Story telling was brilliant
I mean, I'm sups fan followed his past movies and read comics. But I was with my friends which were not sups fan; so the overall background of how was kryption planet, how it ended and how he took a leap of faith, etc
Last kissing scene and conversation could have been handled better ~!

Score: Hans Zimmer
Not good..
Hans is my fav music producer but Man of Steel's score was not impressive, except the World Engine sound.
When you think of TDK or Inception, you can hmm the score of it in mind, for Man of Steel you cant!

Dont watch Man of Steel in 3D, hardly anything worth as movie was shot originally with normal cameras not in 3D
Overall it was good watch i gave 6.8 to it but due to actors and screenplay i want to give 7 too..

cyborg47

Technomancer
So you mean to say ico and rhitwick are "trolls" and "so called intellectuals" and they should enjoy the movie for F's sake?
where as NVIDIAGeek or any other guys whoever rated the movie above 7 are not "trolls".

So i take it the movie is not for intelligent trolls. Its only for dumb posters. Am i correct?

Oops, sorry, that was the review I posted on IMDB. Ton of trolls, 'so called intellectuals' over there, I was addressing them. Should have removed it while posting it here but I was too sleepy by then(came back from the midnight show).
But I'll let it stay anyway, coz I'm yet to see a review over here that actually sounds like review than a purely personal opinion, you know...judging the movie by its own merits..rather than being too clouded by their pre-conceived notion of what or how a fictional character should be like. Some examples....Superman doesn't kill, Superman should always be smiling, Superman should wear undies over the suit, no curl, Lois knows Superman/Clark, no humor(seriously, MoS has just as much as TDK-T had) and the list keeps going on, how do you expect me to take these kind of reviews seriously? :|

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
YJHD 5.5/10
Not sure how this movie is such a big hit. Except for the music and some performances and some moments I don't find anything exceptional about this movie.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
pratik385 said:
About Michael, the evil and rage part were missing. He wasnt a Villain in this.. :(
Everyone praised Zod for his kinda anti-hero feels.

pratik385 said:
In fighting scene, Superman destroying buildings, petrol pumps, etc and not thinking of the people :confused:
He loved his mother, an enemy got hold of his mother and threatened to kill her and it was Supes first time in that situation. I don't think he cares for anybody just yet 'cause he's new to these things in the movie.

pratik385 said:
The way Superman killed Zod was just lame, they could've end him in a fighting scene..

This was intense, not slo-mo-swinging-swords intense. The dilemma of Supes was brought out greatly.

pratik385 said:
Score: Hans Zimmer
Not good..
Hans is my fav music producer but Man of Steel's score was not impressive, except the World Engine sound.
When you think of TDK or Inception, you can hmm the score of it in mind, for Man of Steel you cant!

Please tell me how this is not great. For me, this track was almost of addicting as "Why Do We Fall?" and "Like Dog Chasing Cars".

[youtube]rtEkqSif5IQ[/youtube]

^^I think most of us here has watched it already. Therefore no need to thank you.

You seem irritated...

But this is correct isn't it superman should not kill. Otherwise whats super in him?

He does kill, just not in the mainstream comic timeline that most of the people know. He kills the way he did in the movie in Alan Moore's Superman. He didn't have no choice, it was Zod or the innocent civilians. And he also regretted it. If you couldn't see the repentance he had, the way he screamed, tear in his eyes, IDK what to say anymore.

Man of Steel - 6.8~7/10
Finally, to each his own.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
Man Of Steel -- 9/10
Go watch it in a Multiplex,IMAX 3D if possible. :D
The Action in this film is epic,The visuals are also amazing.
This is the best origin film ever

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Watched fukrey not good plot but the movie wasnt really made for plot.It was supposed to make laugh out loud you..Really loved the hilarious moment and was bang on and there were some pjs too which i saw first tym in bollywood which made us laugh.I would say the best actor would go to college watchman for his up-bihari hindi mix and english when you never expected him to say..choocha was hilarious too..and bholi punjaban role was done well this movie has some of the best funny moment you cant stop yourself to lol..and you will come out laughing out of theatres plot at end was not good mixed up first half was best and middle half had some moments too...
so rating 6.5/10...

cyborg47

Technomancer
Go watch it in a Multiplex,IMAX 3D if possible. :D

Finally someone who suggests 3D. Looking at how many people who were against it, I started to wonder if they even understand what it means. I was almost convinced that the 3D sucked balls before I saw the movie, thanks to those lame-as$ reviews(never gonna trust them again, ever!), and add to the fact that how dark the movie already was which convinced me even more. But to my surprise, it was perfection, I'm not saying this as a fanboy, I usually oppose the post conversion(Pixar's Brave, the 3D almost destroyed the movie) but Zack nailed it with this one. What makes it even more special, is that fact that it never acts as a disadvantage, the glasses tends to make the movies darker than they are, but its almost negligible in Man of Steel. Say what you want to about the script, the movie was beautiful, Zack proved he's an artist.

Here's some info people, 3D in a movie doesn't mean that objects should show up on your face(it can get annoying if its used too much), it can be the opposite too, acting like a window into a separate world, that's exactly what Avatar changed. Star Trek ID, and Man of Steel, both were post converted, yet they looked absolutely phenomenal on the big screen. It all depends on how well its made. As for now, Man of Steel is highly recommended on IMAX 3D ;)

Meanwhile..enjoy this soundtrack, gets totally awesome at 2:00 :D

[youtube]VTdHU4bMeSI[/youtube]

Last edited:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
The art of getting by - It was alright. The perks of being a wallflower was better.

Hi All

I am back from US and the first thing I wanted to do after a day of rest was to crank up my Home theater with some high quality action packed movie. I chose A Good day to Die hard a.k.a Die hard 5 ..... i am a .....

Sam bhai, where are the spoiler tags? :cool:

Welcome back. We missed you. By the way, waha se Hindustan kaisa nazar aata hai?

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
21 & over - 7/10...nice timepass adult movie about a med student partying on his 21st bday which goes wrong...worth watching it once

ksagar7up

Broken In
Hey guys .....
I just watched
"We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks"

We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks (2013) - IMDb

Documentary-Film about the Founder of the WikiLeaks "Jullian Assange"
and his journey of his Idea of making world more transparent by releasing
the truths and secret documents which are having Labelled as Top Secret
and Restrained to Public Access....

Though the film in its title says that wikileaks steals the secrets by means of
phishing, hacking or any other unethical ways, Barring all these allegations
made in this film Wikileaks has issued a long and Illustrative Article on its websites
which clears all the facts and questions arose in this film...

the link for that script-Cum-article is here
Annotated Transcript of "We Steal Secrets" by Alex Gibney

All the footage and interviews seen in the film are real. I would have enjoyed more if
it has concentrated more on the impact of Leakin the Secret Info abt US than
his personal Life controversies.....

I recommend to watch this movie at least 1 time....Im sure u'll enjoy it ....

I think we need this kinda person in our country...watsay:lol:
I wud rate this movie for abt 6/10.......

21 & over - 7/10...nice timepass adult movie about a med student partying on his 21st bday which goes wrong...worth watching it once

I agree wid u but I've seen a movie I think Project X.....quite on the similar lines of 21 & over
wat a movie man,,, really ggrrrr8 teen movie abt a boy
who is loser and throw a party which attracts thoussand of ppl to attend the party and ...thats a heelll of a party ...
Eventually wind up Burnin his house down,,,, really enjoyed it ,,,
And both of thse movies r produced by Todd Phillip i guess the producer of Hangover,....Im not really 100% sure...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Just realised validity of old q in this thread... Why diff awards for best movie and best director. Believed it was for production house efforts and directors efforts, but checking back on filmfare awards, it's totally senseless.
Znmd, 3 idiots, jodhaa akbar, taare zameen par, rdb, black and kmg have all won both. When a movie has not won both, each has been nominated in the other category, and which movie got which award seems random. Barfi, Dabanng, veer zaara best movies and kahani, my name is khan, hum tum best directors. Lol.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
Liked Man of Steel. Could have cut some unnecessary scenes to bring the length down. Also the director seemed to be interested in showing off much destruction cg in action sequences.

Last edited:
Top Bottom